• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i usually don't post on this kind of thing but i've been asked out in the craziest ways over the past week.

girl hit me up over psn of all things and this other girl went in her friends' phone to get my number

both of em 18.

i know better
iYhINkAJuNkvI.gif
but i don't care

KumaJG

i usually don't post on this kind of thing but i've been asked out in the craziest ways over the past week.

girl hit me up over psn of all things and this other girl went in her friends' phone to get my number

both of em 18.

i know better
iYhINkAJuNkvI.gif
but i don't care

My motto if the grass is green play ball.

Kreed

Whats BJ's excuse?

I'm not going to sit here and say Black Jesus is up to McGruder's level when he left the Boondocks or the best of Season 2, but I find the show funny and most important, the potential to keep getting better. The Trial of R.Kelly for example does not hold up in comparison to McGruder's Season 2 and 3 Boondocks episodes, but that's to be expected. It was an episode from his first season and he was adjusting to the animation vs newspaper format. But he kept getting better with his comedic timing/pacing/etc... and eventually he was putting out classics. This is McGruder's first live action show, and the show was originally a youtube series (which fits into the criticisms many of you guys have). The first few episodes had Black Jesus carrying the show with most of the characters being in the background. Now even Corey Holcomb is getting funny lines.

Anyway, you watch Agents of Shield. I shouldn't have to explain this.

J10

Banned
GAF is irritating me tonight. Ugh. I am usually very patient, but tonight I'm ready to flip people the bird.

So throw up a middle finger. It's not like they can see you, so you won't get banned or anything. I do it all the time while mumbling 'fuck this guy' under my breath.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
So throw up a middle finger. It's not like they can see you, so you won't get banned or anything. I do it all the time while mumbling 'fuck this guy' under my breath.

I'm not really worried about being banned, but I don't like when stupidity gains more momentum than anything else. People wearing dumb like it's a fashion statement... jfc

Slayven

I'm not going to sit here and say Black Jesus is up to McGruder's level when he left the Boondocks or the best of Season 2, but I find the show funny and most important, the potential to keep getting better. The Trial of R.Kelly for example does not hold up in comparison to McGruder's Season 2 and 3 Boondocks episodes, but that's to be expected. It was an episode from his first season and he was adjusting to the animation vs newspaper format. But he kept getting better with his comedic timing/pacing/etc... and eventually he was putting out classics. This is McGruder's first live action show, and the show was originally a youtube series (which fits into the criticisms many of you guys have). The first few episodes had Black Jesus carrying the show with most of the characters being in the background. Now even Corey Holcomb is getting funny lines.

Anyway, you watch Agents of Shield. I shouldn't have to explain this.
Writing all this shit like you Robert Frost or E.E. Cumings. Know I ain't going to read it.

besada

Banned
I ain't dead, Slay, just been busy at work. Also, today was my thirteenth anniversary, so we took the day off and spent all weekend hanging out. So no GAF, no Destiny, no Diablo. But I did get to watch Edge of Tomorrow, and those aliens kick ass. Not so much the ending of the movie.

Let's see. Spam is good fried, on white bread, with Miracle Whip. What? You knew I was white. Black Jesus is funny, but could be funnier. Or at least more consistently funny. Destiny's MP would be easier to get used to if shit wasn't blowing up in your face every thirty seconds. All the supers going off makes it really chaotic.

And Agents of Shield got better.

ReiGun

I ain't dead, Slay, just been busy at work. Also, today was my thirteenth anniversary, so we took the day off and spent all weekend hanging out. So no GAF, no Destiny, no Diablo. But I did get to watch Edge of Tomorrow, and those aliens kick ass. Not so much the ending of the movie.

Let's see. Spam is good fried, on white bread, with Miracle Whip. What? You knew I was white. Black Jesus is funny, but could be funnier. Or at least more consistently funny. Destiny's MP would be easier to get used to if shit wasn't blowing up in your face every thirty seconds. All the supers going off makes it really chaotic.

You lost me at spam is good.

That ain't the way, besada.

besada is alive, now we just need to check on FyreWulff and his okcupid game

-

if you ever wanna make somebody mad, just say "nah, we #offthat" so they feel both uncool and furious at your presumed vehemence.

also, there might not be a better line delivery than that part where Denzel looked Marc Anthony straight in the eye and told him that shit in Man of Fire. Like damn breh, there's just no coming back from that kind of remark. Its over, your life is his now, know your place

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

jesus man. nope to that

RP912

Banned
Spam and miracle whip......omg.

I just don't see these two together but so curious to try it out. It's been a minute since I had spam.

Trey

It's deleted, but it's funny how that post existed for half an hour and only one person even acknowledged it was even there among dozens of posters.

People who are pissed at the NFL should just donate money to organizations that deal with child/spousal abuse, tweet the NFL and say "I donated to X instead of buying a ticket. Have a nice day. =)."

But alas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom