• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

I don't even want to get started on GKMC. If I put that cape on, it'll never come off. I'll just say I think it's the best hip hop album for a long while.

Also, I don't even like TLoU (I'm not charmed by its gameplay), but its story presentation is legit. I don't know what movies you're comparing it to but TLoU does characterization and world building very competently, which is all you really need.

Slayven

What I said was, people pushing shit so hard that it is almost like their whole family three is as stake turns me down on stuff. It is like the only reason they want me to watch it is to confirm their hardon for it.

so in closing, take all the seats JC. Next to your brother Jandro.

hypernima

Banned
Since my moving problems fell through I guess I'm back.
I'm guessing the verdict on Destiny is meh? I would like to cop it but I'm broke.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Two things before I leave this:

1) If you have to play to endgame to get anything out of a game, I'm always going to call that a problem.

2) Again, I'm not really sure why I need to dig into shit like the problem with engrams, the dumbass AI leading to battles that are mostly an afterthought, well-designed enemies that the story gives me little reason to shoot at, the backstory being relegated to Grimoire cards, dead-on-arrival dialog, and more. But it's easier for me to say I found it boring. The entire game added up to a boring experience for me.

If you want me to write a review, drop a paycheck. If we're just talking on a message board, I can leave the highlights and call it a day.

If you feel I'm talking shit just to talk shit, rock out. I've burned enough time in alpha, beta, and live to be down with calling it an FPSMMO.

And if Civ 4 didn't hook you in a few hours, that shit's probably not for you. I don't need your tastes to align with mine, I'll enjoy my Civ 5 (which I would've also given a 6 at launch, shit didn't get great until Gods & Kings) and you can rock that Destiny.
that's the thing

you weren't even specifying what you're talking about.

'i found it boring' - okay, i'll respond to why that is a bs response on top of what i feel some actual issues are. if you wanted more of your opinion heard you would've given it. i'm not gonna say 'stfu because nobody is trying to hear something negative'. i've had plenty of back and forths with people about the game. but if you're gonna put out something as weak as that you can't get upset when someone tells you that it sounds exactly like the same short version mess that people are repeating over and over on gaming side.

on top of that, i clearly stated that there are issues in the opening - while there are also issues with dozens of games in that same aspect. whether its diablo, borderlands, pso, etc. any game with a loot/skill system is going to be played slower in the beginning than it is in the end. its a trivial thing to focus on.

but if you want to read off talking points from the review thread all after the fact then whatever man. if ain't for you after a few hours then it ain't for you.

miss me with that drop a paycheck bullshit though ain't nobody checking for you lol

ole refer to the same point about story with 3 equivalent statements ass nigga

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I haven't played TLOU yet either. My friend likes to tell me about the story so that's where my info comes from, so I can kinda give my opinion about THAT but as for everything else, nope, not until I play.

I'm not sure why people are coming for Destiny and the amount of content in it when the game is barely a week old.

EDIT: I get all the other criticisms, to a degree, but the content one leaves me scratching my head.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
TLOU doesn't really appeal to me because it still seems like another narrative driven TPS, which was pretty much the genre that defined the last generation

So just hearing that that was done better than it ever has been before wasn't something that got me interested. because I had still been playing and hearing about that type of game for the last 4 years

'i found it boring' - okay, i'll respond to why that is a bs response on top of what i feel some actual issues are. if you wanted more of your opinion heard you would've given it. i'm not gonna say 'stfu because nobody is trying to hear something negative'. i've had plenty of back and forths with people about the game. but if you're gonna put out something as weak as that you can't get upset when someone tells you that it sounds exactly like the same short version mess that people are repeating over and over on gaming side.

Well go hit that shit up on the gaming side.

on top of that, i clearly stated that there are issues in the opening - while there are also issues with dozens of games in that same aspect. whether its diablo, borderlands, pso, etc. any game with a loot/skill system is going to be played slower in the beginning than it is in the end. its a trivial thing to focus on.

but if you want to read off talking points from the review thread all after the fact then whatever man. if ain't for you after a few hours then it ain't for you.

The bolded don't mean you can't make that shit fun.

I put in more than a few hours, but at least you got the right viewpoint now.

miss me with that drop a paycheck bullshit though ain't nobody checking for you lol

Except my employer. But you rock you.

I mean Destiny is a good game; but apparently some people were expecting Jesus and ended up with their local pastor.

6/7 is an average/above-average score. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

I mean Destiny is a good game; but apparently some people were expecting Jesus and ended up with their local pastor. Personally, I lost interest in it, not because I overhyped it or anything. But rather I just found it boring very quickly.

/shrug.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
TLOU doesn't really appeal to me because it still seems like another narrative driven TPS, which was pretty much the genre that defined the last generation

So just hearing that that was done better than it ever has been before wasn't something that got me interested. because I had still been playing and hearing about that type of game for the last 4 years

Kinda why I didn't get around to playing it tbh. Same with TWD but they get my respect because (IMO) they were more bold with their games based on the main characters alone.

1. Have you seen the shit people rate highly on IMDB
2. TLOU is a video game that builds it narrative through cutscenes and in-game actions and isn't really comparable to a movie or a television show
3. Why people insist on attacking the most hyperbolic comments like "yeah stop liking that thing so much I know better", I'll never know. Just do you, nigga

Like this the same dumbass mentality Slayven was talking about, because people liked a thing so much he was just COMPELLED to hate it/not watch it, just on principle. God forbid people get passionate about things they enjoy. Like, whoa

1. Yeah I know, reviews and shit don't matter....until they're in your favor.
2. That's great. I'm still not seeing the hype though.
3. Pull ya skirt down b. If you really can't handle someone not being completely in line with something you're so passionate about, do yourself a favor.

Motherfuckers want "healthy discussion" and "opposing viewpoints" until they actually get it and then its "o lawd why cant he just agree
ibroXtPlUHLa8c.png
why he gotta be haaaaatiiiinnnnnnn
i5FqYYDRXuMUv.png
"

I don't even hate the shit, I'm just telling yall to get off its dick already.

If you want me to write a review, drop a paycheck. If we're just talking on a message board, I can leave the highlights and call it a day.

itl2Bn0AfoC5X.png

DY_nasty

TWD is just... I don't even know how I feel about them after season 2.
Except mah jawb But you rock you.

this dude pulled his resume out lmao

stop before some gaf detective calls your boss wtf is wrong is with you lol

i see that you're quite mad tho.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
This page is amazing
1. Yeah I know, reviews and shit don't matter....until they're in your favor.
2. That's great. I'm still not seeing the hype though.
3. Pull ya skirt down b. If you really can't handle someone not being completely in line with something you're so passionate about, do yourself a favor.

Motherfuckers want "healthy discussion" and "opposing viewpoints" until they actually get it and then its "o lawd why cant he just agree
ibroXtPlUHLa8c.png
why he gotta be haaaaatiiiinnnnnnn
i5FqYYDRXuMUv.png
"

I don't even hate the shit, I'm just telling yall to get off its dick already.

itl2Bn0AfoC5X.png
This mothetfucker hyperlinked the logout page, lmao

TLOU was damn good. Plain and simple. Nice narrative, solid gameplay.

I just don't understand the pedestal that people put shit on. If you don't like it, then to each their own. But to hate on something just to hate, come on now. That's trifling level shit. I have no interest or intention to play Destiny. That doesn't mean it isn't good, it just means I don't care. Lately people have been using hating and not caring synonymously.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Is this the part of the Lunar cycle when BCT is at its closest to Gaming side or something

Look at what we're doing to each other right now

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
This page is amazing
This mothetfucker hyperlinked the logout page, lmao

I clicked it too. Mad as fuck he put me through that.

Really y'all need to chill out, these are video games. You can be passionate about them without turning this place into a war zone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Problem with TLOU was, when it was out, someone tried to shove it into the conversation in any way possible for every single topic. 'Mike Tyson plays Punch Out for the first time' 'You know, I bet Mike would love to play The Last of Us. They should have gotten that for him to play instead.'

JC, are you sure you wanna be dumber than you look at this point and time bruh?
iPleyDJSztJZ2.png

Just trying to catch up to your debating skills, what with all your well-articulated arguments like "game wasn't even good because I said so
BNBtV.png
" and "game wasn't even the best of the year, I don't care what ya'll say although I'mma keep responding anyway cuz I'm don't care so hard
G9mN7.png
"

teach me your ways breh

edit: I mean...I didn't know it was a mystery Mike Williams worked at USGamer.net? Whats to hide lol

stop before some gaf detective calls your boss wtf is wrong is with you lol

i see that you're quite mad tho.

Detective? Maybe in some Scooby Doo shit. Ain't nothing to hide. That's my name and picture right there.

You cats get way too emotional over videogames.

Anyways, I'm about to try to get into this Tokyo Ghoul nonsense.

I have to jump on that too. I was at Otakon staring at a poster for that show entirely too long.

And On TLOU, I have the remastered version, but I haven't had time to play it. Probably won't either, since review season is about to start.

Gorillaz

TLOU gets the credit it does for successfully combining gameplay and high end cinematic without sacrificing one or the other. Off the top of my head there hasn't been many to pull that off. Maybe Rock star but that is sn entirely different story.

Generic story of apocalyptic end of the world? Yea, father daughter connection overplayed? Yea a bit, but it still executed it well over many that tried and failed

Im not jerking off to it every time I can like gaming side but I will still it the merit of being one of the best experiences in games out there.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's all jokes we are talking about games here don't go too hard in the paint for something that doesn't matter.
I clicked it too. Mad as fuck he put me through that.

Really y'all need to chill out, these are video games. You can be passionate about them without turning this place into a war zone.
Hahahaha

DY_nasty

I tried it before but stopped, picking back up from where I left off (the mother ghoul told the girl to run; shit I forgot everyone's name except Touka-chan).

I mean it's whatever. The premise seems interesting but it didn't grip me the first time I read it (up to chapter 20)

okay then nevermind

it gets a little better, then more of the same

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
what the fuck? i would say the heat has you going at each others throats, but not all of yall are dealing with this shit

You damn right you cats get all emotional over this shit. We above that family. So how about I jump to the center of attention and get you cats to school me on where is best tools for putting together a resume?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
You damn right you cats get all emotional over this shit. We above that family. So how about I jump to the center of attention and get you cats to school me on where is best tools for putting together a resume?

Wouldn't know where to point you. I used LinkedIn as a reference for a basic ass resume and it got the job done. It also depends on where you're applying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom