• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Maybe the Outbreak games, iirc or Siren. Can't remember which came out last. SH has only been missing for between 5~8 years which isn't really THAT long. But for fp horror, the last good one was Outlast so maybe that's why I don't feel it's been ages since SH has been around.

Fucking Capcom...The gen when everybody started to get aboard online gaming and they did nothing with that series. smh. -_-

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking Capcom...The gen when everybody started to get aboard online gaming and they did nothing with that series. smh. -_-

Visionary games and being ahead of the curve never pay off. Look at the poor Dreamcast, a system far superior to the PS2, yet took all the beatings being first to market.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Outbreak <3 so good. Dying for a re-release of that due to network actually being there this time. Loved the piss out of 1 and 2.

Me too! I still play them (kept my ps2) and keep thinking it would be amazing if file 3 ever came out. Although I do understand why it hasn't, it sucks tho.

File 2 didn't sell well. :(

Shame too because file 2 fixed so many issues the first one had.

Visionary games and being ahead of the curve never pay off. Look at the poor Dreamcast, a system far superior to the PS2, yet took all the beatings being first to market.

This is so true. RE6 and Vanquish controls are fucking amazing but no one wants to adopt them yet. It baffles me.

1. No DVD
2. No Madden
even though 2k was/is better
3. Came after the Sega triple L's (Sega CD, Sega 32X & Sega Saturn)

No matter how much innovation there was it had to much baggage to be successful.

Silky

Banned
Maybe the Outbreak games, iirc or Siren. Can't remember which came out last. SH has only been missing for between 5~8 years which isn't really THAT long. But for fp horror, the last good one was Outlast so maybe that's why I don't feel it's been ages since SH has been around.

I don't even care about the perspective. Outlast has poor environment direction.

Amnesia TDD was the perfect storm of everything . Reminded me of Clock Tower wayyyy too much. Then Machine for Pigs fucking ruined it.

J10

Banned

Look at Halo 2. Everybody agreed the party and matchmaking system was awesome for online console play. It took like 3-4 years before anybody thought to try to copy it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Look at Halo 2. Everybody agreed the party and matchmaking system was awesome for online console play. It took like 3-4 years before anybody thought to try to copy it.

according to gaf, halo 2 was terrible though

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Me too! I still play them (kept my ps2) and keep thinking it would be amazing if file 3 ever came out. Although I do understand why it hasn't, it sucks tho.

I loved discovering all the File 3 stuff buried away in the File 2 disc. I loved the short scenarios, also. If you ever emulate it on PC it looks phenomenal thanks to the environments being 3d to begin with.

I never get to really nerd out about it because lolnobodylikesoutbreaklol but I remember being really butthurt that the "comment" button didn't always result in voice coming out of your character like it did in the first, and I didn't like some of the VA changes. BUT STILL. Great scenarios.

A zoo? Abandoned mental hospital? I hated that subway though, and J's Bar from 1 is probably my favorite scenario out of them all.

1. No DVD
2. No Madden
even though 2k was/is better
3. Came after the Sega triple L's (Sega CD, Sega 32X & Sega Saturn)

No matter how much innovation there was it had to much baggage to be successful.

All very true. 2k WAS better.

Beat that Season 2 of The Walking Dead. The Fucking feels.

Life is so damn good. Just gotta find a better job. Anyone know any good spots for resumes and templates and such?

Oldschoolgamer

Yep. :(

File 2 being much harder than File 1 probably didn't help...like at all. lol. I enjoyed both, but holy shit, the difficulty spike for playing solo in file 2 was crazy large. Zombies moved like fucking crimson heads.lol

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I am. It's well-designed, but boring. Like creating the greatest table ever.

I don't think it's bad. Merely above-average. The 6/7s feel right.
I think it's great although the it does a lot of things border lands has been doing for a while. I think the biggest reason why I'm not down on it is because I was never really excited for it lol. The hype never got me

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He was hiding from childsupport enforcement then.

Maybe a nice "Dark/demon souls hides terrible gameplay with needless difficultly hike" discussion.

Too scared. I don't want to lose my threadmaking privileges, I like making threads in OT.

DY_nasty

Is black thread down on destiny too like the rest of the forum?

No. I didn't even look at a review thread until yesterday while I was waiting to clear.

They make that shit sound like its NOT the best FPS in years. Games got faults but its amazing. There are a lot of people in there that I've seen in game getting mopped up too. Its contagious butthurt (that bungie allowed by handling things the way that they did).

Oldschoolgamer

Smash will get some backlash, Bayonettta might if people actually buy it. But I think the next big target will be Bloodbourne

Only way I see Smash getting backlash, is if the Netcode is Brawl level garbage. I'd say the majority of people buying it aren't going to give two fucks if it plays like Melee or not. They already got rid of the dumbass tripping, so it's already better than Brawl by a green mile. Only thing that you'll hear is, "why is _____(insert character) not here".

Silky

Banned
Smash will get some backlash, Bayonettta might if people actually buy it. But I think the next big target will be Bloodbourne

Driveclub if it doesn't deliver. I'd put my money on Driveclub before anything. ESPECIALLY if Horizon 2 is their competition.

--

The only AC game I played from start to finish was ACII cause that game was /good./

KumaJG

The Order 1886 threads going to be fun to read. If that that game lives up to people expectation that is(generic gameplay, nothing special). I hope it don't becuase I like RAD GoW games. I am going to be lenient on them since it is their first console game.

Bloodborne a different beast. I learn you do not mess up the Souls community. Them hooligans are rabid animals.

Driveclub will be fine.

I never played an Assassin Creed game.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
No. I didn't even look at a review thread until yesterday while I was waiting to clear.

They make that shit sound like its NOT the best FPS in years. Games got faults but its amazing. There are a lot of people in there that I've seen in game getting mopped up too. Its contagious butthurt (that bungie allowed by handling things the way that they did).
lol contagious. I Will say it's presetation is great and the gameplay is tight which is what I think it edges it out over borderlands just a bit

DY_nasty

lol contagious. I Will say it's presetation is great and the gameplay is tight which is what I think it edges out borderlands just a bit

some of the things people are saying are so asinine and blanket that they could be applied to anything

"all you do is shoot stuff" wut
"hard to find equipment is hard to find" wut
"pvp is hard and unfair. i played it a couple of times and everyone killed me" lol
"i couldn't break the game in a week, this shit is stupid" wut

i mean, most people aren't even hitting some of the valid issues that the game does have.

Slayven

Driveclub if it doesn't deliver. I'd put my money on Driveclub before anything. ESPECIALLY if Horizon 2 is their competition.

--

The only AC game I played from start to finish was ACII cause that game was /good./
yeah racing is so niche only the most agenda loaded haters will make a fuss about Driveclub after launch.

The Order 1886 threads going to be fun to read. If that that game lives up to people expectation that is(generic gameplay, nothing special). I hope it don't becuase I like RAD GoW games. I am going to be lenient on them since it is their first console game.

Bloodborne a different beast. I learn you do not mess up the Souls community. Them hooligans are rabid animals.

Driveclub will be fine.

I never played an Assassin Creed game.

I forgot about the Order. Uncharted 4 better be baby Jesus in a box.

some of the things people are saying are so asinine and blanket that they could be applied to anything

"all you do is shoot stuff" wut
"hard to find equipment is hard to find" wut
"pvp is hard and unfair. i played it a couple of times and everyone killed me" lol
"i couldn't break the game in a week, this shit is stupid" wut

i mean, most people aren't even hitting some of the valid issues that the game does have.

Bosses are straight up boring. Hopefully the raids bring in something more.

Mortemis

Banned
yeah racing is so niche only the most agenda loaded haters will make a fuss about Driveclub after launch.

I forgot about the Order. Uncharted 4 better be baby Jesus in a box.

Idk, it has a ps+ demo that tons will play. Wouldn't be surprised at people coming to just shit on it.

There won't be backlash at games like Bloodborne and Uncharted 4. They're made by people GAF holds as gods (ND, Miyazaki), any shit talk will have people attacking in droves, even before they actually play it. I'm not about that life, but I'm hyped for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom