• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Vanquish is easily the best tps single player I've ever played. Just give me that 60fps PC port.

Young Justice is so good.

People praise Mikami mainly for the best entries in the RE series, mainly 4. Its the reason why people are hype for Evil Within because REmake is so well received(and RE4 mainly but REmake did "horror" better and Mikami is aiming for horror.)

He hasn't really made anything offensive in his career either so people cling to him like they do. You can sorta say the same for Nolan for those that liked his films Pre-Dark Knight and don't find Rises to be all that bad.

I think Young Justice had the potential to be better than JLU given another season.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yea. It's super easy to see why people rank him high. He damned near started the survival horror craze and made the most influential TPS of all time. His resume is pretty solid.

over what?

I posted earlier how the online access stuff wasn't working for my class. I sent a screenshot of the error to my professor. I even registered using her laptop and it worked until I got home and got the same original error message.

I tell her after class tonight that it still won't let me register. She logs into her account and shows me that registration closed on the 13th, with a 'go fuck yourself" tone, English isn't her first language so I don't know if it's intentional.

I tell her I've been having this problem well before the 13th...in front of you...in this very class. It doesn't seem to click with her and she's like "I gave a 14 day free trial in the syllabus, you didn't even use that?!" at that point I'm starting to get heated. And I just say "I've never gotten far enough to enter any code or pay for one. You have to register before you can do that and it's barring me from doing that."

She pulls out her laptop and has me try in front of her again and her entire class and I'm hoping it doesn't go through and luckily it doesn't but then she brings up that registration closed on the 13th and that's why. I waited too long and I fucked up basically.

I literally have to tell myself to calm down in my head and I repeat myself again "I tried well before the 13th, you saw. I sent you an e-mail about this a week ago and you saw me register in front of you about 5 days back." How the fuck are you doubting me right now? We talk in circles for a few minutes and eventually she changes the registration date to tomorrow night. I sign up again and say thank you and leave.

I almost never fly off the handle, I have a pretty calm demeanor but I was real close to saying some shit and fucking up my whole semester.

KumaJG

I posted earlier how the online access stuff wasn't working for my class. I sent a screenshot of the error to my professor. I even registered using her laptop and it worked until I got home and got the same original error message.

I tell her after class tonight that it still won't let me register. She logs into her account and shows me that registration closed on the 13th, with a 'go fuck yourself" tone, English isn't her first language so I don't know if it's intentional.

I tell her I've been having this problem well before the 13th...in front of you...in this very class. It doesn't seem to click with her and she's like "I gave a 14 day free trial in the syllabus, you didn't even use that?!" at that point I'm starting to get heated. And I just say "I've never gotten far enough to enter any code or pay for one. You have to register before you can do that and it's barring me from doing that."

She pulls out her laptop and has me try in front of her again and her entire class and I'm hoping it doesn't go through and luckily it doesn't but then she brings up that registration closed on the 13th and that's why. I waited too long and I fucked up basically.

I literally have to tell myself to calm down in my head and I repeat myself again "I tried well before the 13th, you saw. I sent you an e-mail about this a week ago and you saw me register in front of you about 5 days back." How the fuck are you doubting me right now? We talk in circles for a few minutes and eventually she changes the registration date to tomorrow night. I sign up again and say thank you and leave.

I almost never fly off the handle, I have a pretty calm demeanor but I was real close to saying some shit and fucking up my whole semester.

Was you arguing in spanglish?

Malyse

So I ain't watched no anime since the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal. What's worth mainlining? Particularly stuff that isn't an inferior version of a manga...

See, this is why GAF is actually a pretty decent place to go for advice...there's a defense force for everything. lol

Ya damn straight.

I remember a professor giving me an "I" for missing a single homework assignment that I wasn't even aware of despite passing everything else, including the final.

After I did it for him, I just gave him this look of pure disgust.

I hope that nigga choked on his dinner

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
next time close your eyes and hold your hands to the sky and we'll send you our chi

the dehumanizing spirit bomb can be yours

it doesn't work on Asian people though. be warned

KumaJG

Moris story remind me of my asian chem teacher. She was grumpy but cool as hell. One day she came in glowing, which was unusual. I took notice and said "That black boyfriend treating you good". Oddly enough she was surprise I knew she had a black boyfriend.

Sorry if I offend you with my spanish stereotype offended you Moris

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
People praise Mikami mainly for the best entries in the RE series, mainly 4. Its the reason why people are hype for Evil Within because REmake is so well received(and RE4 mainly but REmake did "horror" better and Mikami is aiming for horror.)

He hasn't really made anything offensive in his career either so people cling to him like they do. You can sorta say the same for Nolan for those that liked his films Pre-Dark Knight and don't find Rises to be all that bad.

Well about the bolded, that depends who you ask. Most people seem to consider RE2 the best (which is Kamiya), but I haven't played that one yet so I wouldn't know if it's supreme to 4 or not.

But it really makes little difference to me. I never said he was awful, but in terms of horror games, he's only made RE1, REmake and 4, and of those three, 4's the only one I actually enjoyed. I've never really been a big fan of REmake (bored me). Altogether, I prefer horror games done by other devs, but I never said he was bad, he's got two games I enjoyed (Vanquish and RE4) and that's why for me, he isn't so amazing. He just isn't my cup of tea and I think his attitude sucks. /shrug

Yea. It's super easy to see why people rank him high. He damned near started the survival horror craze and made the most influential TPS of all time. His resume is pretty solid.

Still don't think he's worth the hype but it's cool. I'm tired of talking about the guy tbh. Not worth the energy.

Well about the bolded, that depends who you ask. Most people seem to consider RE2 the best (which is Kamiya), but I haven't played that one yet so I wouldn't know if it's supreme to 4 or not.

But it really makes little difference to me. I never said he was awful, but in terms of horror games, he's only made RE1, REmake and 4, and of those three, 4's the only one I actually enjoyed. I've never really been a big fan of REmake (bored me). Altogether, I prefer horror games done by other devs, but I never said he was bad, he's got two games I enjoyed (Vanquish and RE4) and that's why for me, he isn't so amazing. He just isn't my cup of tea and I think his attitude sucks. /shrug

I know you really don't wanna talk about it but your slight irritation at people liking him or being hype for Evil Within is all you. You're complaining about people who somewhat are justified in being hype for a game that you personally see no value in. You are putting more energy that's needed in it and you'd be better off keeping it to yourself is all unless its a valid criticism you have against his games which doesn't seem to be the case here.

OT is getting to the point where one more false accusation of police misconduct or cultural appropriation will have people saying Zimmerman was right and long posts licking each others' balls.

So only 10% up from usual

Sorry if I offend you with my spanish stereotype offended you Moris

None taken.

I actually have a tongue for spanish, makes sense since my dad speaks 'well spoken' spanish. Can roll my r's for days and 9 times out of 10 I can pronounce a spanish word with little to no american english accent. Dad just never taught me but that's a long story in and of itself.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I know you really don't wanna talk about it but your slight irritation at people liking him or being hype for Evil Within is all you. You're complaining about people who somewhat are justified in being hype for a game that you personally see no value in. You are putting more energy that's needed in it and you'd be better off keeping it to yourself is all unless its a valid criticism you have against his games which doesn't seem to be the case here.

What is all of this? I can't give my personal opinion about him? I praise two of his games (Just earlier I was talking about TPS needing to take after RE6 and Vanquish), but when I criticize his character, I need to keep it to myself?

Jfc, you can't even express a goddamn opinion on here

Exactly what I was talking about before. Why can't people just accept that not everyone is a hivemind. I accept people like the guy, doesn't bother me, that's cool, he's made some good shit. But I'll be damned if I can't express that I like something else more.

What is all of this? I can't give my personal opinion about him? I praise two of his games (Just earlier I was talking about TPS needing to take after RE6 and Vanquish), but when I criticize his character, I need to keep it to myself?

iS8icxB5vZp7o.png

Exactly what I was talking about before. Why can't people just accept that not everyone is a hivemind. I accept people like the guy, doesn't bother me, that's cool, he's made some good shit. But I'll be damned if I can't express that I like something else more.

No you don't have to like the guy, I just didn't care for the slight superiority complex because people were hype for Evil Within and you don't understand why. Basically complaining about shows you don't watch.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
See the problem is when opinions get targeted instead of the actual subject at hand. Some opinions ain't shit, but most of the time people pointing it out are mostly doing it in jest and the ones who aren't well...my advice is that there will always be someone who doesn't like what you like, so get used to it.

I think this came up either last week or the week before, but there shouldn't be problems with expressing opinions that differ in here. If anything, it's because many of our experiences are similar on foundation levels that we should be able to respect differences of opinion more than out in genpop

Trey

The adult/kid universe divergence episode is the most "dumbfuck comic book" idea to actually be pulled off admirably.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
No you don't have to like the guy, I just didn't care for the slight superiority complex because people were hype for Evil Within and you don't understand why. Basically complaining about shows you don't watch.

Wtf

I can talk about this with just about anyone. Even people who bash the shit outta games like Amnesia despite them being great to me, people who insult Kojima's female characters, and all that shit, despite my disagreements with them, I've never told them they were acting like this that or the other. Because it's an opinion.

But God forbid Mikami's insulted.

I'm not dealing with this

Its not about the opinion its the attitude that comes with it that bothers me. Like there's this slight irritation or people get snarky because people like or get hype for something they don't like. That's just not worth commenting on because people feel like their enjoyment or potential enjoyment is invalidated and no one likes feeling invalidated. That's what I'm saying.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
When people express an opinion, they don't do it to spite others or to invalidate them. They give opinions because that's what they have to say.

I'll be the first to tell you, I'm always trying to see past my biases. So when I say "I don't understand", I'm referring to blind fanboy/girlism in general. I'm a big RE fan but I give other horror games their credit whenever they're excelling. And this applies to everything.

I don't understand aggressive hype. It's got nothing to do with solely TEW or the fans. There's people supporting the game that are very 'normal'. But like with the hype for any game, sometimes that shit seems crazy as fuck. I'm not involved in fandoms for many games, but I frequent Horror games, Musou Games, and stuff. So my complaints aren't towards Smash hype or TLOU hype because I'm not involved in them. But TEW is a horror game that has gathered some insane hype for a few people on here and it's excessive.

That's all there is to it. That shit is crazy. There's fans (like most people) and there's fantards (the ones who take things to extremes).

My opinion isn't to spite anyone. It's me being honest about how I feel.

Can you level past 20 once you have any Light gear at all, or do you have to get more light to level more? I hit 20 and got a piece from the quest rewards.

Once you hit 20 you level by equiping gear with light. So now that you're done leveling thorugh experience, you have to now get legendary and/or exotic gear to go beyond 20. A good piece of gear can get you a whole level by itself.

My opinion isn't to spite anyone. It's me being honest about how I feel.

Despite intentions opinions can spite and can offend people. No matter how honest you're being. Do you have to care? No. Just something to think about if you do. That's why "Its just my opinion" is such a empty phrase because its never "just" an opinion. A lot more goes into it than what people think. Especially if there's a smidgeon of attitude in it.

A lot of the TEW hype is due to a lot of the justified bad impressions the game made when the previews first started coming out. This current campaign is basically trying to undo that so people go out and buy the game so if it is good, we can get more proper survival horror games. Of course some of it will be excessive but this seems mostly benign compared to the likes of say Watch_Dogs or Destiny. More so due to the fact that its just blow back thanks to some very good sounding impressions of the game.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Despite intentions opinions can spite and can offend people. No matter how honest you're being. Do you have to care? No. Just something to think about if you do. That's why "Its just my opinion" is such a empty phrase because its never "just" an opinion. A lot more goes into it than what people think. Especially if there's a smidgeon of attitude in it.

A lot of the TEW hype is due to a lot of the justified bad impressions the game made when the previews first started coming out. This current campaign is basically trying to undo that so people go out and buy the game so if it is good, we can get more proper survival horror games. Of course some of it will be excessive but this seems mostly benign compared to the likes of say Watch_Dogs or Destiny. More so due to the fact that its just blow back thanks to some very good sounding impressions of the game.
opinions are no longer allowed to be opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom