• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'm not one to bitch about options, but between her supernatural Hollow Da Predator ass, fulton, and slow mo, that shit is looking hella easy mode. lol.

I guess you can call in less op people or nah?

I don't think I'll bother with any of the options that make it a cakewalk, disappearing bodies, sighted slow mo, the end as a sniping buddy, it's like they never want you to have trouble.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I'm not one to bitch about options, but between her supernatural Hollow Da Predator ass, fulton, and slow mo, that shit is looking hella easy mode. lol.

I guess you can call in less op people or nah?

REV 2 gameplay. Check gaming side breh

Also, RE6 flexibility and REV 1 exploration. It's looking good. (So glad they haven't gotten rid of 6's mechanics. It's a gem)

c8rWjEm.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

REV 2 gameplay. Check gaming side breh

Also, RE6 flexibility and REV 1 exploration. It's looking good. (So glad they haven't gotten rid of 6's mechanics. It's a gem)

As down on Rev 1 as I am, this is saying all of the right things. As long as they keep the gauntlets/whatever you want to call them, to a bare minimum then I'll be happy.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
You mean genesis? That's completely removed from what they've revealed. Instead, Moira has a flashlight to reveal hidden objects.

Oldschoolgamer

You mean genesis? That's completely removed from what they've revealed. Instead, Moira has a flashlight to reveal hidden objects.

Nah, I mean like, "thirty hunters show up, kill them like it's CVX survivor mode" sections of the game. That flashlight mechanic is cool though.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Nah, I mean like, "thirty hunters show up, kill them like it's CVX survivor mode" sections of the game. That flashlight mechanic is cool though.

Oh well I dunno about that yet but the impressions left behind so far are very positive. This could very well be a survival horror RE (and that would be nice. We can get another action next time if this works out)

Oldschoolgamer

Oh well I dunno about that yet but the impressions left behind so far are very positive. This could very well be a survival horror RE (and that would be nice. We can get another action next time if this works out)

No doubt.

I don't mind the actiony bits (considering how high I hold RE4...), but this change of pace (on the surface) seems nice. I wouldn't mind it if they managed to split the tones like this going forward.

SmokyDave

Can we add HDR to the Coon Train?

We is our own worst enemy!
Why don't you drop a post with your experiences in there instead of slinging mud at the dude.

Now obviously I'm 'Generic English White Guy', but what he's saying lines up with what I've heard all over this forum and from many black comedians. If it's actually completely incorrect it would be enlightening to see the other side.

Why don't you drop a post with your experiences in there instead of slinging mud at the dude.

Now obviously I'm 'Generic English White Guy', but what he's saying lines up with what I've heard all over this forum and from many black comedians. If it's actually completely incorrect it would be enlightening to see the other side.

look at post #3

royalan

*Pssst* I was joking...

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

People love to label this as a black problem.

royalan

Also, something I've been wanting to say since I first noticed you posted in here...

Why do you make reference to your whiteness all the time? Now, I know I'm a white guy, but...

We know you're white.

Trey

...SmokyDave is white?! All this time I thought he was english.

People love to label this as a black problem.

I think it's a "black problem" insofar as spanking is heavily practiced in the black community, and spanking isn't considered appropriate punishment these days. So it's something black folk (and all people) should stop doing, which requires a solution.

royalan

I think it's a "black problem" insofar as spanking is heavily practiced in the black community, and spanking isn't considered appropriate punishment these days. So it's something black folk (and all people) should stop doing, which requires a solution.
The black community isn't the only community in which spanking is heavily practiced. Far from it.

Trey

The black community isn't the only community in which spanking is heavily practiced. Far from it.

True. But like HiResDes mentions, it's a strong meme in the black community. I'm wary about folks trying to pretend that it's just black folks employing corporal punishment, but I think the topic is worth discussion.

harSon

Banned
True. But like HiResDes mentions, it's a strong meme in the black community. I'm wary about folks trying to pretend that it's just black folks employing corporal punishment, but I think the topic is worth discussion.

The media seems to be doing a damn good job of that. They may not say it verbatim, but omission is a powerful tool.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I really don't like talking about this tbh. Since abuse is always mentioned and helping children to develop takes time and evaluation, it's not so easy to say every child needs the same treatments and punishment.

I was spanked as a kid but I can't remember the effects of any of them. I straightened up pretty quickly I guess. That said, I'm tired of all of this being seen as some sort of superiority battle. And going around telling people they are victims of abuse seems really inconsiderate considering actual victims have some serious trauma, mentally and physically.

It's frustrating, that's why I usually avoid it. But dammit, I'm tired of black people taking the heat for this shit.

I really don't like talking about this tbh. Since abuse is always mentioned and helping children to develop takes time and evaluation, it's not so easy to say every child needs the same treatments and punishment.

I was spanked as a kid but I can't remember the effects of any of them. I straightened up pretty quickly I guess. That said, I'm tired of all of this being seen as some sort of superiority battle. And going around telling people they are victims of abuse seems really inconsiderate considering actual victims have some serious trauma, mentally and physically.

It's frustrating, that's why I usually avoid it. But dammit, I'm tired of black people taking the heat for this shit.

Last weekend when we had the first Adrian Peterson thread, there were two posters who made it their business to insult every poster who revealed they got spanked as kids, regardless of their current stance on it. It was the first time I actually PM'd a mod because they were so tactless and relentless about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom