• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Meanwhile, on the Dragon Quest front...

Tumbleweed.gif

:(

Spinluck

That Final Fantasy XV trailer has me thinking about the discussions we've had in here about Japan's weird obsession with eurocentric features, and the whole pretty boy thing they got going with their characters sometimes. None of those characters look interesting, wish there was a tad bit of diversity.

EDIT: Pls no Sazh pics, he wasn't shit.

Gorillaz

That Final Fantasy XV trailer has me thinking about the discussions we've had in here about Japan's weird obsession with eurocentric features, and the whole pretty boy thing they got going with their characters sometimes. None of those characters look interesting, wish there was a tad bit of diversity.

but...but...he had a chicken on his head

it was 'kawaii'

The tiredness of American developed games obsession with buff brown haired white dudes is only topped by japan's skinny quasi-european looking dudes with impossible hair.

ReiGun

Lol

It actually looks pretty fun honestly.

and I'm kinda down for playing DQ4 people in real time.

A DQ musou might end up being fun, but I can't lie and say I'm not just fiending for DQ11 at this point. It's been four years since nine and we know ten is never coming to the states. Hurry up with 11 so Nintendo can publish it and I can play it.

yeah. plus i dunno why people were crying about white goku in dragonball evolution.

looks like they drew him to be white tbh. him and gohan look mad caucasian.

The Tales series is probably the only one with much difference in character design, because that artist has been doing what she wants for a while. Most of these character designers (Nomura included) start out with a somewhat distinct style, but it all homogenizes out at some point to what is deemed marketable. Older Japanese gamers pretty much feel the same way people outside of Japan do about typical RPG character designs; there's even a phrase called 中二病 (chu-ni byo) which literally means "middle school sickness) to describe designs and settings made to appeal to young dumb kids/

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Bloodbourne looks fucking amazing. People on the tgs stream were getting wrecked. Goons jumping out of alleyways. Dudes with rifles rolling with a pack of sick dogs. The Manus looking/fighting boss bodying them. The trailer looked like everything 3D Castlevania games should have been.

Mortemis

Banned
Bloodbourne looks fucking amazing. People on the tgs stream were getting wrecked. Goons jumping out of alleyways. Dudes with rifles rolling with a pack of sick dogs. The Manus looking/fighting boss bodying them. The trailer looked like everything 3D Castlevania games should have been.

Forreal, this game is looking mighty fine. I want it so damn bad.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Idk

I don't think I can buy another Dark Souls game

It looks exactly the same as the other ones.

Dereck

People (including me) complain nonstop inbetween trailers, but when a new trailer drops, everyone instantly forgives Square Enix. This shit is just unacceptable.

EDIT: Is Bloodborne going to have multiplayer?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Got to about level 10 in Destiny and I'm just not feeling it

I think I'm gonna sell it this weekend before trade in value plummets. It was nice to try out the PS4 with a game but I just can't get into it

Mortemis

Banned
People (including me) complain nonstop inbetween trailers, but when a new trailer drops, everyone instantly forgives Square Enix. This shit is just unacceptable.

Aren't most people complaining about not having any news about it? A trailer would definitely shut them up.

And there are still people complaining. I was expecting at least a fucking release year, like 2016. It just says in development. smh

People have been inspired by the final fantasy series, went to school to learn how to make games and probably helped put out a game they worked on in the time FFXV was announced.

That's wild.

J10

Banned
I just started Blacklist recently too. I'm like 5 episodes in but it's not grabbing me yet either. And I really like James Spader.

Mortemis

Banned
I started when I found out it was out on netflix and I'm on episode 4 right now.

Not really all that, but not as bad as some people that shit on it say. I'm watching it with someone so I got the motivation, hopefully it gets better.

Man this MGS stream...
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎­­­­­­­­๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํ­ํ­ํ­ํ­ํ­ํ­ํ­ํ­ํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํ(◔д◔)ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

cdyhybrid

angelus water you doing

N̞͇̩̮̰̦̅͋̈́͗́ͅo̥̭͌̅̓̅ͮͯt̜͔̤̪̊̀ ̠̫̗̂̽͠a͐̀ͭͩ ͖͎͍͖̾͂M̙̝̜̯̫͉̞̋͘ë̦͚͈̭̯́͒͘ṯ̘ͬͯ̇̎ͬͯ̑à͉̯̪̺͗͘l̯̱̮̞̦̥̉ͥ̄ͩ͑ ̢̥̤̻̖͙͇͍͂̋ͩ̐G̰̼̤̭̺̩ͬ̐e̮̘͇̫̲a̘̘͚̜̾ͩ̏̈͑ͧr̸̗̟̣̿͐͗ͬ̌̍ͤ ͉̩̞̿̍͡f̠͈̝͒͑͂̏̓̀a̧n̬̟̗͍̔̾̏ͮ̍?̻̭̭̘͓̪̲ͫ̓ͦ̐

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Quiet is fucking op as hell. Why the fuck is she your partner? lol. Nanomachines did this? lol.

Big Boss has iron man arms n shit? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom