• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's not enough for nerds to enjoy/like something they gotta tear down everything else that isn't it.
This applies to all fandoms. See: sports, music, religion, television etc.

For example, think about how much more people talk about music/games they hate rather than ones they love. It's gotta be a 2:1 ratio at the very least.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad Tokyo Ghoul made up for the fukkery that is Aldnoah Zero

I heard Aldnoah Zero was good though!

I was just about to start watching it

a friend of mine said it was alot like early Tomino shows

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I heard Aldnoah Zero was good though!

I was just about to start watching it

a friend of mine said it was alot like early Tomino shows

It is good. The last episode is just Guilty Crown level fukkery.

ehhh... I wouldn't call it Tomino though. Its a good show either way.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It is good. The last episode is just Guilty Crown level fukkery.

ehhh... I wouldn't call it Tomino though. Its a good show either way.

Ah yeah he said something similar about the last episode.

Motivating me to get going on it though. Been slogging through Hellsing Ultimate. Need something else to watch until I feel like going back to that

but yeah Tokyo Ghoul was pretty great. Really hoping the author does a follow up at some point

Hey Dy I had the worst pug last night, couldn't finish the douche on Venus, I had 138 kills, next guy had 70, last guy had 40. I just quit and asked myself why I even did that.

Tell me why though they got stuff and the only legendaries I have are off a cave of lowbies.

Destiny...

DY_nasty

I'm starting on my new character today. Should be a lowbie Titan Defender to help along other people and try a new playstyle.
Hey Dy I had the worst pug last night, couldn't finish the douche on Venus, I had 138 kills, next guy had 70, last guy had 40. I just quit and asked myself why I even did that.

Tell me why though they got stuff and the only legendaries I have are off a cave of lowbies.

Destiny...
At least they're looking like they're taking the ME3 MP approach and adding in stuff every week. Queen's Wrath (Waifu's Wrath) starts on Tuesday and marks reset as well. I'll have enough to buy the rest of my legendary armor set then.

The loot cave isn't all bad either because even when you decrypt 2 dozen items that are trash you still get to level the cryptarch and that gets you a dice roll on legendary stuff at least... its still some fuckshit but its not a bad investment if you got nothing else to do.

still mad about dude with 5 kills lol

like how the fuck do i disconnect and rejoin 3 times in one strike and STILL get more kills than anyone? this is why i fuck with pvp on some troll shit. sitting near a 2.0 k/d when i use pvp for nothing but gun and ability testing.

edit: wow just seen the vendor for QW.... at least there will be stuff ot spend glimmer on...

I'm starting on my new character today. Should be a lowbie Titan Defender to help along other people and try a new playstyle.

At least they're looking like they're taking the ME3 MP approach and adding in stuff every week. Queen's Wrath (Waifu's Wrath) starts on Tuesday and marks reset as well. I'll have enough to buy the rest of my legendary armor set then.

The loot cave isn't all bad either because even when you decrypt 2 dozen items that are trash you still get to level the cryptarch and that gets you a dice roll on legendary stuff at least... its still some fuckshit but its not a bad investment if you got nothing else to do.

still mad about dude with 5 kills lol

like how the fuck do i disconnect and rejoin 3 times in one strike and STILL get more kills than anyone? this is why i fuck with pvp on some troll shit. sitting near a 2.0 k/d when i use pvp for nothing but gun and ability testing.

edit: wow just seen the vendor for QW.... at least there will be stuff ot spend glimmer on...

You can even do patrol/bounties off the cave, level your gear and new spec.

TD was like "that looks fun."

I told him it's no less fun than doing a strike only to come out with nothing, meanwhile I can sit on the cave for half the time and get tons of crap.

Jado

Banned
They wont tone down and will inevitably be locked so there's no point.

Yeah, that sucks. Read a blog long ago about a woman talking about how she can't go braless anymore because of that one dumbass at social gatherings who can't be cool and has to make a loud, embarrassing scene of it, concluding that some guys really do ruin a good thing for the rest. Another great example is toplessness being 100% legal in NY - which of course no woman does because some guys boldly harass the shit out of women here.

That looks radioactive.

It tastes really damn good. There was, what felt like, a 10-year gap between the last time I drank the stuff in my home country and when I was reintroduced to it in the US. In that gap, my brain forgot and replaced the "default soda flavor" with American cola. That reintroduction felt like the scene Ratatouille where the food critic gets transported back to his childhood.

Slayven

I told him it's no less fun than doing a strike only to come out with nothing, meanwhile I can sit on the cave for half the time and get tons of crap.

Do you tell TD to fix you a sandwich when you are playing?

DY_nasty

^yes, i heard the whole thing.

I'll be on soon. Want to get my Vanguard rep up and I need a group for patrol. I'm almost at vangaurd level 2 anyways... may as well.

open invite

Correction: Arrow season 2 is good.

Nah I think the whole show is pretty good. Can't fault season one for being a season 1. I never got how Arrow fans saying Shield sucks its first season without thinking back how slow S1 Arrow was is kinda slow and prodding.

Then again I gave up on AoS because it was mad boring and I wasn't really interested in watching Post-Winter Soldier because I quit early on and would have had to catch up. There's the difference I guess.

Slayven

That reminds me, I like the smaller OT threads. You can have real discussion and not feel like you are just farting in the wind. Love the Sleepy Hollow, SHIELD, and Toku folks, how anyone uses the Anime thread is beyond me. I swear that shit movies almost at a E3 event level pace.

Kreed

Yeah

I don't really think "it was a long time ago" or "people grow up" really excuse that he did it at all.

Not calling for him to be impeached, but guy did a shitty thing and he's gotta hold that.

If you're going to quote me, quote me. It's not about excusing the actions, it's about keeping things in perspective. These blog posts/responses are being made by people who are mad they got banned for roasting Zoe Quinn and the rest of this Gamer Gate BS. Evilore/the moderation/etc... at the moment are doing the right thing with the situation by banning these racist/sexist jackasses.

That doesn't mean the shit they are digging up isn't shit, we're just saying it's almost a decade old and isn't relevant to the current handling of the situation. Find me something last month where Evilore said something racist or sexist and we'd have something worth discussing.

Slayven

Are there ever threads where religious people ask why atheists are atheists, or is it always atheists asking why people are religious

No, why invite such a headache? Believe what you want, just don't be an asshole about it is something everyone should learn.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I want to ask you guys to consider getting Samurai Warriors 4, but I dunno if anyone's into Musou games? It's really good from what I've heard so far and the gameplay looks really fun.

At least consider it (pretty please)? Koei's been really stingy with Samurai Warriors games being localized due to sales so if more people buy, the more likely the sequels will come overseas too.

No, why invite such a headache? Believe what you want, just don't be an asshole about it is something everyone should learn.

That's what I'm saying, as far as posters here it seem like the scorn only goes one way. Like back when there was the thread about the young atheists being predominantly white MRA racists people were gasping in horror and disbelief

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If you're going to quote me, quote me. It's not about excusing the actions, it's about keeping things in perspective. These blog posts/responses are being made by people who are mad they got banned for roasting Zoe Quinn and the rest of this Gamer Gate BS. Evilore/the moderation/etc... at the moment are doing the right thing with the situation by banning these racist/sexist jackasses.

That doesn't mean the shit they are digging up isn't shit, we're just saying it's almost a decade old and isn't relevant to the current handling of the situation. Find me something last month where Evilore said something racist or sexist and we'd have something worth discussing.

I don't really want to have this argument, but since I think it'd be funny:

http://i.imgur.com/IRw6eC6.png

Anyways I'm not trying to defend the guys on that shitty reddit subforum or anything. That's not how the topic was introduced in this thread. It was brought up as Evilore did some shit, I saw the shit he did, and though it was not cool but does not surprise me.

I have no stake in the argument in which it was dug up for, that was never the topic here. So when you bring up the actual context it was posted in, it comes across as defending it to me, because no one here really gave a shit about the argument to begin with, just the deed a poster was referring to.

J10

Banned
Are there ever threads where religious people ask why atheists are atheists, or is it always atheists asking why people are religious

Here's how that conversation goes:

Religious: Why don't you believe in god?

Atheist: I don't find it reasonable or worthwhile.

Religious: OK, well, I'll pray for you.

Two pages or twenty pages, that's the entire conversation.

Jado

Banned

Mostly no. You're right about what your post implies (I think). Certain atheists have a real shit attitude about all religious people and go out of their way to bash them in a broadly stupid and unfair manner.

Here's how that conversation goes:

Religious: Why don't you believe in god?

Atheist: I don't find it reasonable or worthwhile.

Religious: OK, well, I'll pray for you.

Two pages or twenty pages, that's the entire conversation.

Isn't that like how every theological discussion goes?

Slayven

That's what I'm saying, as far as posters here it seem like the scorn only goes one way. Like back when there was the thread about the young atheists being predominantly white MRA racists people were gasping in horror and disbelief

Does seem like tolerance is a case by case thing. I remember when a woman was mocked for thanking god that her child didn't fall to it's death. It's crazy, that is why I just skip over it, It's always the same dudes anyway.

You have got to let this go. lol
Arrow folks are getting as bad as The Wire people.

Thread: Man MANTIS was a pretty cool show. Kind of want to see back.

"Will it be int the Arrowverse?"

"Won't be as good as Arrow"

"I don''t like something as fantasy as powersuits being in the Arrowverse"

Etc etc etc

ReiGun

Arrow folks are getting as bad as The Wire people.

Thread: Man MANTIS was a pretty cool show. Kind of want to see back.

"Will it be int the Arrowverse?"

"Won't be as good as Arrow"

"I don''t like something as fantasy as powersuits being in the Arrowverse"

Etc etc etc
So...they act like every other comic media fanbase, then?

Slayven

So...they act like every other comic media fanbase, then?

Sadly yes. Only folks I can get a good conversation going with is you, Parrallax, Manmadame, J10 when he is not in a mood, that one dude,Mumei when he is slumming, and Angelus when he feels like shitting on Aquaman.

Love what you love, but don't run up in every thread claiming it is the GOAT.

I've essentially said this about GKMC and TLOU and have gotten attacked for it
iS8icxB5vZp7o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom