• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jado

Banned
Getting Bayonetta 2 and Smash out of the way I'm pretty excited for the new Guilty Gear game. Also I'm excited for fantasy life, captain toad, Pokemon ORAS, and I'm low key excited for Hyrule Warriors.

Forgot about Captain Toad, although I could see myself growing a little tired of the game's formula after a few dozen stages.

Edit: I was kind of around when that stuff was going down or at least I had just gotten accepted to GAF but still posted on IGN and was generally aware of it. Didn't know the Amirox or Evilore intricacies. Only that rich guy Morphix (there was a song!) had initially passed around that girl's pics like an untrustworthy dick and some nasty fallout as it spread. Old or not, stuff that transpired later seems really messed up if it's true they contributed to fucking up people's personal lives. Message board squabbles don't merit that sort of behavior.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Is it about that thing happening over there with them guys?

What games are you all looking forward to? I've grown impatient for Binding of Isaac. I need that in portable format. Stupid Nintendo blew it (banned on eshop due to censorship last I read). Besides that, Smash WiiU/3DS, the Bayonetta bundle and Hyrule Warriors because I like Zelda + never played Dynasty Warriors so it's all new to me.

Bayonetta 2

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

RP912

Banned
There seriously need to be a neo soul/r and b gaf community in here :(. I been rocking out to some tunes lately and not a thread where I can become pinky.

0905-pinky-next-friday-1.jpg

Kreed

Even ignoring the SJW/GamerGate aka discriminatory BS that is spawning these types of responses, people need to remember that GAF was a lot different almost a decade ago and was ran differently. We used to have threads dedicated to "hot women" for example. Times changed, opinions changed, rules changed, people got older, now you're not allowed to have those anymore. So someone posting a topic of Evilore posting in a hot women thread back in 2006 doesn't make him a hypocrite for us not having them now.

KumaJG

So early in the school year that almost no teacher bothers with it because students are just getting settled in with the new curriculum and shit. So stupid.

I do best to support my Hispanic brethren yearly. Myself is about 2-3% spanish by association(consume vast amounts of spanish food, had a spanish barber, get ask if dominican on rare occasion).

Water >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Soda

Jado

Banned
Even ignoring the SJW/GamerGate aka discriminatory BS that is spawning these types of responses, people need to remember that GAF was a lot different almost a decade ago and was ran differently. We used to have threads dedicated to "hot women" for example. Times changed, opinions changed, rules changed, people got older, now you're not allowed to have those anymore. So someone posting a topic of Evilore posting in a hot women thread back in 2006 doesn't make him a hypocrite for us not having them now.

Those should still be allowed in some capacity because there's nothing wrong with physical admiration as even Evilore has said. Anyone who has looked at sites where women post knows that they openly talk about the hottest men in movies, sports, etc. While making comments of a certain nature. Do agree with toning down extreme creep/rape/abuse language about what one would do when meeting an attractive woman.

Way to destroy your bodies and your teeth, guyz.

How about you stop subsidizing the corn industry and drink what we're made to drink: water.

Sorry. Can't talk soda without someone airing their health superiority. Just wanted to get it out of the way.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa what happened to Infinite?

Last dude in here I'd ever expect to get banned

and I don't even think he was playing Destiny

edit: probably self requested. Seems like he was going through some personal shit

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Water is boring as fuck though

Like half the reason I think alcoholism was such a problem in pre-industrial societies is because everyone was sick of drinking water all the damn time

I drink sparkling water when I'm trying to get off my coke zero addiction. Pairs well with food because it has a crispness to it that cleanses the palate.

I don't really care though. When the need comes, I'll just get some Tom Cruise vaneers and have a perfect smile for the rest of my days.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Seems like they have, though Amri0x needs to explain jizzing on a photo and uploading it to the internet.

Oh, the way they phrased it, it sounded like EviLore did it (I can't see the photos [nor do I want to]).

Those should still be allowed in some capacity because there's nothing wrong with physical admiration as even Evilore has said. Anyone who has looked at sites where women post knows that they openly talk about the hottest men in movies, sports, etc. While making comments of a certain nature. Do agree with toning down extreme creep/rape/abuse language about what one would do when meeting an attractive woman.

They wont tone down and will inevitably be locked so there's no point.

strobogo

Banned
Going by what the Fappening threads say, Evilore and Amri0x are most definitely rapists and deserve to be publicly shamed. So who want to start the "Evilore is a rapist" thread? I nominate G-Fex.

Identifying someone and linking their nudes around is pretty f-ed up, no need to shelter it with sarcasm and hyperbole.

Jizzing on the pics and taking pics of that is pretty awful too.

This thread lately.

cdyhybrid

Thinking of picking up Destiny for 360 and upgrading later in the year. Roughly how long would the game last as far as avenues of progression if you're playing solo? Friends are all on XBones. I don't mind playing solo, but if I run out of upgrades/ways to progress my character I'd get bored almost immediately.

Thinking of picking up Destiny for 360 and upgrading later in the year. Roughly how long would the game last as far as avenues of progression if you're playing solo? Friends are all on XBones. I don't mind playing solo, but if I run out of upgrades/ways to progress my character I'd get bored almost immediately.

Go slow and care as little as possible about upgrading your gear to get into a raid or else you'll just be grinding away at some lame cave since that's the only thing that gives you legendaries.

Trey

Don't play solo. Just wait til you have the means to play with your friends.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Identifying someone and linking their nudes around is pretty f-ed up, no need to shelter it with sarcasm and hyperbole.

Yeah

I don't really think "it was a long time ago" or "people grow up" really excuse that he did it at all.

Not calling for him to be impeached, but guy did a shitty thing and he's gotta hold that.

Physical admiration is good and fine. but those kind of threads promote objectification more than they do admiration I feel.

I mean it's one thing to think "this girl is really attractive" and share the pictures with friends. It's another thing to compare them to other girls and criticize minor flaws and make jokes about how girls look etc. and I think those topics tend to have more of the latter than the former, on top of the extreme thirst posts.

I mean just look at what happens in here sometimes when we talk about women.

I mean.... somebody called her Jinx fam......

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Is it about that thing happening over there with them guys?

What games are you all looking forward to? I've grown impatient for Binding of Isaac. I need that in portable format. Stupid Nintendo blew it (banned on eshop due to censorship last I read). Besides that, Smash WiiU/3DS, the Bayonetta bundle and Hyrule Warriors because I like Zelda + never played Dynasty Warriors so it's all new to me.

Just started Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, so I'll be preoccupied with that for a long while, but I'm waiting on:

Smash Bros WiiU
Hyper Light Drifter
Hotline Miami 2
Bayonetta 2
The Evil Within
Alien Isolation
COD : Advanced Warfare (I'm part of the problem)

edit: Those women threads just boiled down to, "I'd hit it" (in the most crass way possible), this chick needs to eat a sandwich, this chick needs to hit the stairs, her booty is fake, etc. That shit is stupid. They tried to self police a couple of times, but it always ended up the same way.

Physical admiration is good and fine. but those kind of threads promote objectification more than they do admiration I feel.

I mean it's one thing to think "this girl is really attractive" and share the pictures with friends. It's another thing to compare them to other girls and criticize minor flaws and make jokes about how girls look etc. and I think those topics tend to have more of the latter than the former, on top of the extreme thirst posts.

I mean just look at what happens in here sometimes when we talk about women.

I mean.... somebody called her Jinx fam......

Well put. No real way to moderate threads based on "look at this hot person" to keep it from going to the realm of objectification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom