• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jado

Banned
Whatup BCT? I saw Godzilla and The Purge this weekend. You could have knocked me down with a feather if you'd told me in advance that The Purge was the better movie.

Why, exactly, can movie makers not figure out what people like about Godzilla? If your Godzilla movie isn't at least 50% monster ass-kicking in daylight, you're doing it wrong.

They know what people want. Problem is Hollywood blockbusters have established a certain level of quality when it comes to special effects. And it's really expensive. So we get a lot of nonsense like Transformers spending time bullshitting with Sam's family and dating antics, useless/goofball hackers, Turturro's silly govt agency, etc.

Opinions and observations are salty bitterness Moris? Why is that? Because you don't agree with them?
iR82YpDrmqLL0.png

Like a metric like ImDB proves anything especially when talking about a medium it doesn't even specialize in....acting like gafhop really liking Section80 and hyping Kendrick prior to GKMC was revisionist. Keep sipping that kool aid tho.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I planned to get it but I'm more hyped for Dynasty Warriors 8E than anything else.

I forgot DW8:E was coming haha

Ah well just give it a shot when you can.

Shit I missed this post. I'm a big musou fan.

SW4 looks SO dope. I loved 3 but goddamn did it hurt being on the shitty Wii. Still chipping away at WO3U on the Bone and DW8XL on PC.

IT DOES! I love how they added godspeed. Looks amazing. SW3 was pretty hard to play. One of my least favorites in the series because of how it played on the Wii.

I already have WO3 so that's why I'm waiting for Ultimate later. I really want 4 now so bad XD

Sengoku Basara has great gameplay and silly characters but there's just too much going on for me. I always feel more comfortable with Musou games because of that, but I do like the characters on Basara. They're ridiculous and entertaining. Much better designed for anime/manga to me tho.

I think out of all the Musou games I loved Samurai Warriors 1 the most. Came out at the right time, was a total shift in the cast from boring-ass ancient China to GLORIOUS NIPPON and it had some great yet godawful voice acting. And dope alternate outfits.

My favorite is SW2. Such an upbeat game and all the characters are all around enjoyable and fun.

That's a fair review. They sort of pissed away the chance to make it good by staying inside, but there's a good deal of action and thrills. It was okay enough that my wife wants to see the next one, which hopefully takes place outside of someone's house.

They say the second one is 1000X better

Yep. Go see Anarchy! It's awesome.

Damn look at all the Anarchy love. <333

J10

Banned
They know what people want. Problem is Hollywood blockbusters have established a certain level of quality when it comes to special effects. And it's really expensive. So we get a lot of nonsense like Transformers spending time bullshitting with Sam's family and dating antics, useless/goofball hackers, Turturro's silly govt agency, etc.

This is true. Transformers 4 has the most robot action and the lowest quality effects. That swirly particle effect transformation thing the government bots were doing looked really bad in comparison to the proper transformations.

Trey

Guess I'm going to watch purge 2. Purge 1 was trash but the concept, while hilariously stupid, could make for interesting shenanigans.

Like a metric like ImDB proves anything especially when talking about a medium it doesn't even specialize in....acting like gafhop really liking Section80 and hyping Kendrick prior to GKMC was revisionist. Keep sipping that kool aid tho.

Don't act like we don't have crazed lunatics frothing at the mouth fans calling TLOU "art" trying to make a movie or a TV spinoff of the shit. And the koolaid was at the party before I arrived bruh.

I really like Kendrick Lamar's music. If you don't that's okay with me.
No it's not because even if you don't hate the niggas music, if you dare claim it isn't the second coming of Jesus, keys start flying off keyboards in a fit of rage.

I've witnessed this firsthand myself...damn shame what they did to that boy

Man, when I read the description for The Purge, I was damn excited to see it. That movie was damn horrible. I laughed throughout the theater while watching it. I'll definitely look at renting number two on Redbox, though I'm not sure if I could do that to myself.

Don't act like we don't have crazed lunatics frothing at the mouth fans calling TLOU "art" trying to make a movie or a TV spinoff of the shit. And the koolaid was at the party before I arrived bruh.

No it's not because even if you don't hate the niggas music, if you dare claim it isn't the second coming of Jesus, keys start flying off keyboards in a fit of rage.

Respond to whackos with bullshit brehs

Call your bullshit 'a descenting opinion' bruhs

Jado

Banned
This is true. Transformers 4 has the most robot action and the lowest quality effects. That swirly particle effect transformation thing the government bots were doing looked really bad in comparison to the proper transformations.

They need to reboot and scale back to something closer to cartoon/comic robot designs (if it would even help). We don't need Optimus made up of a million moving parts when he transforms, driving up costs so over half the movie is Witwicky fuckery. Ignoring some of the overdone stuff like the shoulders, this level of fine detail would translate nicely to film:

Prime-optimusprime-bh.jpg

Respectable opinions like what?

Respectable in what way?

I really wanna hear this nigga
i0rvKHtavFXPJ.png

Respectable as in they don't just post to shit up the discussion or actually talk about what they do/don't like. Blackface was apart of the GKMC is alright crowd iirc, don't recall any crazytalk then.

Implying the fans retroactively dug Section80 isn't even an opinion, straight ass pull.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

I'll be honest, you kind of seem like you're intentionally courting this kind of response.

Respectable as in they don't just post to shit up the discussion or actually talk about what they do/don't like. Blackface was apart of the GKMC is alright crowd iirc, don't recall any crazytalk then.

Implying the fans retroactively dug Section80 isn't even an opinion, straight ass pull.

My bad brother, I'll be sure to double check any future posts to make sure they fall under the Moris Guidelines.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I wish Sengoku Basara was bigger in the US

Only Musou games I can really fuck with

That's the one I liked. Played Samurai Warriors 3 and dropped it inside 45 minutes. Loved Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes. Plays smooth as hell, moves are big and dumb anime stupidity in all the right ways, really fun game.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i was gonna make a thread

just seen my ex out here in charlotte and she fat as shit
iCMDISptWHLvl.png

"yeah, i got your number. we'll keep in touch."
izaUAQWO59lDd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom