• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I've essentially said this about GKMC and TLOU and have gotten attacked for it
iS8icxB5vZp7o.png

The way you phrased it was JCian aka looking to start shit.

Kreed

I don't really want to have this argument, but since I think it'd be funny:

http://i.imgur.com/IRw6eC6.png

Anyways I'm not trying to defend the guys on that shitty reddit subforum or anything. That's not how the topic was introduced in this thread. It was brought up as Evilore did some shit, I saw the shit he did, and though it was not cool but does not surprise me.

I have no stake in the argument in which it was dug up for, that was never the topic here. So when you bring up the actual context it was posted in, it comes across as defending it, because no one here really gave a shit about the argument to begin with, just the deed a poster was referring to.

Not interested in arguing in length over Evilore actions either (definitely don't agree with that image), just wanted to clarify my comments from my first post that you referenced because it was supposed to be directed at WHY these guys are trying to air him out and their argument towards Evilore, not giving him or Amirox a pass for the actions they did.

ReiGun

Sadly yes. Only folks I can get a good conversation going with is you, Parrallax, Manmadame, J10 when he is not in a mood, that one dude,Mumei when he is slumming, and Angelus when he feels like shitting on Aquaman.
I keep telling people that when it comes to comics, unless it's an OT (general comics OT or movie/show OT) or like pages 3-5 of a news thread, it's going to be a bad time.

Slayven

I keep telling people that when it comes to comics, unless it's an OT (general comics OT or movie/show OT) or like pages 3-5 of a news thread, it's going to be a bad time.

I love GOTG like a woman that says hello to me, but damn did some folks get too into the hype. Nothing should have 3 threads a day posted about it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I want to ask you guys to consider getting Samurai Warriors 4, but I dunno if anyone's into Musou games? It's really good from what I've heard so far and the gameplay looks really fun.

At least consider it (pretty please)? Koei's been really stingy with Samurai Warriors games being localized due to sales so if more people buy, the more likely the sequels will come overseas too.
I planned to get it but I'm more hyped for Dynasty Warriors 8E than anything else.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want to ask you guys to consider getting Samurai Warriors 4, but I dunno if anyone's into Musou games? It's really good from what I've heard so far and the gameplay looks really fun.

At least consider it (pretty please)? Koei's been really stingy with Samurai Warriors games being localized due to sales so if more people buy, the more likely the sequels will come overseas too.

Shit I missed this post. I'm a big musou fan.

SW4 looks SO dope. I loved 3 but goddamn did it hurt being on the shitty Wii. Still chipping away at WO3U on the Bone and DW8XL on PC.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Sengoku Basara was bigger in the US

Only Musou games I can really fuck with

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Sengoku Basara was bigger in the US

Only Musou games I can really fuck with

I've tried so hard to love that series and it just doesn't click with me, but I love the character designs a LOT.

ReiGun

I love GOTG like a woman that says hello to me, but damn did some folks get too into the hype. Nothing should have 3 threads a day posted about it.
Comic movie fans are slowly becoming the TLOU or Nintendo fans of OT. Getting into shit to the point of insanity.

Speaking of Musou, anyone in here playing Hyrule Warriors? It's my first one since Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 and I'm enjoying it WAY more. Could do with a few extra characters though.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I've tried so hard to love that series and it just doesn't click with me, but I love the character designs a LOT.

Yeah that's what got me into the games. Character designer is Makoto Tsuchibayashi, same guy behind the character designs in the PS2 Shinobi games which I love.

My favorite thing about them in comparison to other Musou games is how they basically challenge you to break the game. They give you so many options in comparison to other Musou games and it's just really fun to see what crazy stuff people can come up with.

Just wish there wasn't a language barrier preventing me from getting the most out of the games

I've essentially said this about GKMC and TLOU and have gotten attacked for it
iS8icxB5vZp7o.png

You say way more reckless stuff than that. "check da imdb!" "The Cool better den GKMC" "Y'all didn't even rep Section 80...wonder why"

Just salty bitterness that's why you get attacked. Basically posts of "why you like thing?"

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Definition of Vulgar

Sounds like it went from KH action to "press X to start the fuckery"...I"m getting tired of that shit too.

eh I like that better.

I don't really see what the difference is between pressing X one time or 30 times to do the same thing. Always felt like I was wearing out my square button for no reason playing kingdom hearts..

If there's no enemy feedback or combo routes, just make autoattack....... automatic. Free up my inputs to actually use the menu to select commands.

All I want out of 15 is something like 12 or 13's combat system, but allowing me to actually control movement and positioning. and that sounds like what I'm getting. Leave Kingdom Hearts to Kingdom Hearts

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Musou, anyone in here playing Hyrule Warriors? It's my first one since Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 and I'm enjoying it WAY more. Could do with a few extra characters though.

I've passed on it due to the character count. On the other hand, that low character count might mean I'll feel satisfied beating the game in under 100 hours...hmm

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Just import em. They're totally playable with the language barrier.

I do

but I'm the kind of weirdo that likes the context and characterization aspects of Action/Fighting game stories. So not being able to understand all the interactions that make the characters likable or dislikable takes away from the experience for me.

RedSwirl

I tried to fuck with DW7 once, and from what I saw, the combat could afford to be a little bit deeper.

I also keep wondering why we never get any Musou based on western history. All we got is Bladestorm (a different kind of game) and Troy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do

but I'm the kind of weirdo that likes the context and characterization aspects of Action/Fighting game stories. So not being able to understand all the interactions that make the characters likable or dislikable takes away from the experience for me.

I mean... Mitsunari is angry. You can pick up pretty much everything about the characters from context playing through the game.

Edit: Are people complaining about the car in FF XV? Of all things? It's so weirdly normal that it's one of the more interesting things about the game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think out of all the Musou games I loved Samurai Warriors 1 the most. Came out at the right time, was a total shift in the cast from boring-ass ancient China to GLORIOUS NIPPON and it had some great yet godawful voice acting. And dope alternate outfits.

Jado

Banned

Had me checking to see if it was somehow already out in NA. A week after EU and Australia. Why? Silly fuckers. :|

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I mean... Mitsunari is angry. You can pick up pretty much everything about the characters from context playing through the game.

I get the just of what the characters are about. Mitsunari seems to really like this Hideyoshi guy.

but I mean there's often interactions between characters that aren't as related and the nuance of those interactions is lost on me.

Like I said I understand I'm a weirdo (I've read translations of the Guilty Gear drama CDs.....both of them....) but I can't help how I enjoy games.

i-Jest

All this new FFXV news got my like Jay Z when he was on the radio after hearing Ether..

;_;

Yeah? I was fairly satisfied with what I saw. At this point I'm wondering how expansive the over-world will be. It seems like the game will have big world. That's just my impression from the road trip aspect anyway. I heard Nomura got kicked off the project. Anyone have confirmation on that?

More than anything though I'm looking to Xenoblade Chronicles X.

besada

Banned
Whatup BCT? I saw Godzilla and The Purge this weekend. You could have knocked me down with a feather if you'd told me in advance that The Purge was the better movie.

Why, exactly, can movie makers not figure out what people like about Godzilla? If your Godzilla movie isn't at least 50% monster ass-kicking in daylight, you're doing it wrong.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honestly, you can pick up all you really need to know from watching the Basara anime. Hideyoshi was his former lord(and he looked like Raoh from FOTNS), so he's all pissed off about that. I wish it'd come out over here, but I doubt it. I'm just hoping the Dragon Quest game comes out over here. Koei's got a much better track record.
tumblr_nc3vt6yeh91tqv34ko4_1280.jpg

If I was rich like Notch, this would be the shit I'd be funding. That's a game where I actually need to be able to understand it to play it.

Gorillaz

Whatup BCT? I saw Godzilla and The Purge this weekend. You could have knocked me down with a feather if you'd told me in advance that The Purge was the better movie.

Why, exactly, can movie makers not figure out what people like about Godzilla? If your Godzilla movie isn't at least 50% monster ass-kicking in daylight, you're doing it wrong.

I didn't see it but...but godzilla had bryan cranston....walter white

Besada pls

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah? I was fairly satisfied with what I saw. At this point I'm wondering how expansive the over-world will be. It seems like the game will have big world. That's just my impression from the road trip aspect anyway. I heard Nomura got kicked off the project. Anyone have confirmation on that?

More than anything though I'm looking to Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I don't know if he got kicked off, but Hajime Tabata has taken over as director. Final Fantasy Type-0, Crisis Core and The 3rd Birthday are his other directorial credits so not sure if this is good or bad. It's his first non portable game tho.

What makes sense to me is that he was made director so that Nomura could go work on Kingdom Hearts 3, because it really doesn't make sense for him to wait until FF15 is done to get the ball rolling on that game. The wait has been long enough.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's a good dynasty warriors type game for a noob?

If you like Gundam at all, go with DWG3. It's fun.

If you love One Piece go in with theirs.

If you don't like either, Warriors Orochi 3 is the biggest of all and probably best, but I kind of struggle to tell if it'll really be enjoyable for new people.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
One Piece Musou 2 is really fun for One Piece fans, and I'm not even a really big one.

Just wanted to decimate a battlefield as Kizaru and it let me do that 10/10 game

I wouldn't bother with the first one though

Slayven

What's a good dynasty warriors type game for a noob?
One Piece pirate warriors

Purge seemed like a cool concept trapped in a bad movie.

besada

Banned
Purge seemed like a cool concept trapped in a bad movie.

That's a fair review. They sort of pissed away the chance to make it good by staying inside, but there's a good deal of action and thrills. It was okay enough that my wife wants to see the next one, which hopefully takes place outside of someone's house.

Slayven

That's a fair review. They sort of pissed away the chance to make it good by staying inside, but there's a good deal of action and thrills. It was okay enough that my wife wants to see the next one, which hopefully takes place outside of someone's house.

They say the second one is 1000X better

You say way more reckless stuff than that. "check da imdb!" "The Cool better den GKMC" "Y'all didn't even rep Section 80...wonder why"

Just salty bitterness that's why you get attacked. Basically posts of "why you like thing?"

Opinions and observations are salty bitterness Moris? Why is that? Because you don't agree with them?
iR82YpDrmqLL0.png

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Purge 1 was utter basura. lol. There are a bunch of better home invasion movies out there to see.

The Purge Anarchy shocked the hell out of me. It was a good film. The Carpenter influence was on full display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom