• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
Somebody help I am addicted to Civ...

I played some last night and had to hard shutdown the pc in fear of being up all night long. I had this crazy war with every civ except Attila and I wasn't quick to back down. Shaka Zulu is a fucking beast.

RE: FFXV and KH

So I don't remember if I played KH2, but did the series ever move past the maddest that was the first game? Combat never seemed complex there, so I don't feel some huge loss. My beef with the game is having a party a people I cannot completely control. You want to roll with these team combo attacks? Well wouldn't it be better if with skill you could set it up by direct control and character switching at the right time?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I played some last night and had to hard shutdown the pc in fear of being up all night long. I had this crazy war with every civ except Attila and I wasn't quick to back down. Shaka Zulu is a fucking beast.

The Impis are not to be fucked with.

KumaJG

I am slowly getting better. Been watching film like madden and trying new tactics. Once the Modern Era hits try to put up your dukes for some fisticuffs. Sadly the computer always gang on poor me :(.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
BREH!

One of my impis went out like a fucking g. It took on the entire squad of swordsman dolo before dying.

For my money, the Impi is the best military unit in the whole game relative to when you get it.

DominoKid

Man I'm not even sure why you have performance metrics and goals if nobody is ever made to answer for how they measure up.

Had to sit in a staff meeting this morning for once and that shit was depressing as hell.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

So I don't remember if I played KH2, but did the series ever move past the maddest that was the first game? Combat never seemed complex there, so I don't feel some huge loss. My beef with the game is having a party a people I cannot completely control. You want to roll with these team combo attacks? Well wouldn't it be better if with skill you could set it up by direct control and character switching at the right time?

I only played the first one and like half of two

but no I don't think the series ever really moved past your gripes. 2's large system additions were QTE's during boss fights and the fusion dance with another party member.(sort of addressing your issue I guess in the sense that it makes your other party members disappear.)

I never really minded that stuff. I just always treated t like a one against many game. I guess my problem was the amount of mashing you had to do to attack vs enemies with like 10 health bars. Which is why I'm not too bummed if 15 is just making basic attacks automatic

Somebody help I am addicted to Civ...

Bad news...

fb0.jpg

Mortemis

Banned

Not really, KH 2 was more complex but much easier, apparently the Final Mix version fixes that, I'll find out December.

But Versus was basically supposed to fix your beef, it was gonna be combat similar to KH, but with additions like being able to control the whole party by switching through each, switching quickly between each weapon, and warping. Looks like all that's left is warping, dunno about character switching but it certainly isn't similar to KH no more.

RP912

Banned
Looks like the base game for Civ V is $30, base game and all the DLCs is $50. The DLCs worth it?

Hell Yes. The base game is ok for what it is but the expansion packs breath life into the game. Gods and kings bring the religious side of the game and Brave New World focus more on trades and etc.

Also the expansions have new civilizations and scenarios.

So yes its worth it but you can't go wrong with just the base if you really want to cop it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i don't know if you guys ever played it, but imperium galactica 2 is probably my favorite civ-like game of all time

Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth will send players on an expedition from Earth to lead their people into a new frontier to explore and colonize an alien planet, and create a new civilization.

oh shit

I never got heavy into the Civ games but they always sounded interesting

RP912

Banned
Man how I wish we had another Masters of Orion, you young bucks don't know about that.

I always wanted to play that game as a lad.

I was going to cop when it was on sale on GOG but that game looks brutal nowadays. It didn't aged well at all.

Slayven

I always wanted to play that game as a lad.

I was going to cop when it was on sale on GOG but that game looks brutal nowadays. It didn't aged well at all.

It wasn't that hot when it came out. I use to love steal tech from the other races then bombing their homeworlds into submission.

DominoKid

Civ looks like the type of game I,'d get stuck on so I always avoided it. Getting stuck on Football Manager was bad enough. Threw a whole summer in the bushes before I smartened up and hid the disc.

RP912

Banned
Civ looks like the type of game I,'d get stuck on so I always avoided it. Getting stuck on Football Manager was bad enough. Threw a whole summer in the bushes before I smartened up and hid the disc.

Football manager is one of those games where I gotta be in a sports game mood to play...or else it's just a few clicks and I'm done.

My team forever taking L's though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom