• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Wanting modern Lionhead to make another Black and White is like wanting current Lauryn Hill to make another Miseducation.

Sometimes you just say some shit that is just way out of line Slayven

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only tycoon game coming out is Roller Coaster Tycoon world which looks promising since they got rid of the shitty micro-transactions.

There's Maia which is kind of in a similar vein, but I just wanna run a god damn theme park. Everything coming out now is focused too much on the coasters. I wanna see an indie developer say, 'Nah, you know what? I'm not making a 2d platformer with an emotional story that will resonate with you. I'm making Theme Park 2.'

Mumei

Sadly yes. Only folks I can get a good conversation going with is you, Parrallax, Manmadame, J10 when he is not in a mood, that one dude,Mumei when he is slumming, and Angelus when he feels like shitting on Aquaman.

Hah. I'm not ashamed of being a comics fan. :)

RP912

Banned
There's Maia which is kind of in a similar vein, but I just wanna run a god damn theme park. Everything coming out now is focused too much on the coasters. I wanna see an indie developer say, 'Nah, you know what? I'm not making a 2d platformer with an emotional story that will resonate with you. I'm making Theme Park 2.'

I tried getting into Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and just didn't click with it. Its not a bad game but just one of those games you gotta have a session to understand how fun it is/

RP912

Banned
top 3 game. stays on every laptop i get as the first install

and beyond earth is the sequel

tell these hoes i ain't loyal

images

The GOAT.

Girlfriend just left, about to go meet her sister at the pet hospital to put their cat down.

She asked me if I was going to come...

michael-jordan-laughs.gif

lol yeah right..

yeah i feel like if you have a video where a guy gets shot in the face and then his dog gets kicked all the sympathy will go towards the dog most of the time.

sympathy for animals is great. everyone should have that but over human life...never yo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe I've been avoiding it, but I feel like 2k hasn't oversaturated Beyond Earth footage. Seen enough to know that I want it, and everything else will be fresh when I get it.

Even X-Com, I felt like they showed it off way too much.

strobogo

Banned
There is an dichotomy between how black people see pets oppose to white people. Probably because pets are a luxury and black people didn't have such things for the longest.

Not with that credit rating

I think it is a class thing. Like, lower class white people are usually pretty shitty with their pets. Middle/upper class white people treat their pets like part of the family. Poor white trash are the kind of people who get rid of a litter of puppies by putting them in a trash bag, hooking them up to the tail pipe of a truck, and then throwing them in a lake.

RP912

Banned
Maybe I've been avoiding it, but I feel like 2k hasn't oversaturated Beyond Earth footage. Seen enough to know that I want it, and everything else will be fresh when I get it.

Even X-Com, I felt like they showed it off way too much.

I seen live streams of Beyond Earth and so far it looks good for what it is. Usually within weeks before release 2k throws some trailers and gameplay of civ games from what I seen in the past...especially the Brave New World expansion.

RP912

Banned
I dunno....my wife told me about this old black lady that fed her dog gourmet steaks while she ate friggin dog food :/.

Kreed

I think it is a class thing. Like, lower class white people are usually pretty shitty with their pets. Middle/upper class white people treat their pets like part of the family. Poor white trash are the kind of people who get rid of a litter of puppies by putting them in a trash bag, hooking them up to the tail pipe of a truck, and then throwing them in a lake.

Yep. Growing up in SC no one would even bat an eye seeing former pet dogs and cats lying dead on the side of the road every mile or so. South Florida? Shit, ducks crossing the road becomes a legitimate traffic problem.

KumaJG

There is an dichotomy between how black people see pets oppose to white people. Probably because pets are a luxury and black people didn't have such things for the longest.

Not with that credit rating

I fucking love animals. Went to the Zoo all time(one is like a 10min from where I live). Also had two rabbits growing up. Maybe having pets is a luxury thing since my family is middle class.

Sadly yes. Only folks I can get a good conversation going with is you, Parrallax, Manmadame, J10 when he is not in a mood, that one dude,Mumei when he is slumming, and Angelus when he feels like shitting on Aquaman.

You killing me slay.

Poor kitty.

Edit: Steve always beats Bruce.

That's a fair review. They sort of pissed away the chance to make it good by staying inside, but there's a good deal of action and thrills. It was okay enough that my wife wants to see the next one, which hopefully takes place outside of someone's house.
The 2nd one is basically the first one with a real budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom