• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know what cats were expecting with that Kendrick single, I mean preview articles from early listening pretty much tell you exactly what it was going to be.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kemdrick always been the poorman's Silk The Shocker.

iqKysIcFRIF5S.gif

That's a reach. Silk had no flow. He just talked over instrumentals and you prayed the rhyming word hit on the fourth beat of the measure to make it sound like a rap.
The only songnof Silk I actually enjoyed was It Aint My Fault and thats only because Myztical was on it

AfroMW

Real quick question, for those playing destiny.

Which platform are you playing your copy on?

Determining which version of the game to get

i was playing endless space from the early days when it was just two-three factions and a mess of a tech tree. game came a LONG ways and i wish more devs would throw their pride out the window and take feedback in stride like those guys did.

Heh.

Me too, but haven't fired it up in a while since I don't have the free time.

Kraftwerk

Gonna wait for the full thing, I hope we get some classics in it. "i" is too happy for me. His voice is much more high pitches than usual, and the sample/beat is too overpowering.

Trey

lupe > kendrick confirmed

i knew this day would come

I is better than every song Lupe made after 2009. And it's better than a solid fourth of Enemy of the State and The Cool. I is roughly Lupe's average. People are panicking because we expect more from Kendrick.

No good will come from trying to sound less threatening than Macklemore.

I'm sort of concerned.

After all, he hand-picked the track and decided this is what the people needed to hear off his new album. This was a premiere track in his mind.

Shit, I wasn't worried at first, but now you are making me stress.

He'll be fine. Kendrick has more control over his projects than Lupe did his own, and much more skill when it comes to executing his vision. For all that nonsense Dy and Storm Chamber were talking a few pages back, Lupe Fiasco couldn't make a GKMC even if he cut off his hair and trained for 47 years with the monk masters.

Backseat Freestyle was a single he released to lukewarm reception (even though I like the song), and we eventually got GKMC.

I is better than every song Lupe made after 2009. And it's better than a solid fourth of Enemy of the State and The Cool. I is roughly Lupe's average. People are panicking because we expect more from Kendrick.

He'll be fine. Kendrick has more control over his projects than Lupe did his own, and much more skill when it comes to executing his vision. For all that nonsense Dy and Storm Chamber were talking a few pages back, Lupe Fiasco couldn't make a GKMC even if he cut off his hair and trained for 47 years with the monk masters.

Backseat Freestyle was a single he released to lukewarm reception (even though I like the song), and we eventually got GKMC.

Your man dropped a dud. Hold that for the rest of the day bruh

Kreed

You're gonna get that man killed

LOL don't knock it if you're hungry. When I was first getting my feet in the door, I got a lot of jobs off of there. Mostly start ups/contract work, but it was experience and work that helped fill the resume up for better opportunities. Just make sure you don't apply for anything asking for money of any sort, and google any company names/addresses/etc... you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom