• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinluck

Vanquished was my shit.

Platinum'd it just because I loved it so much.

And to prove to myself that I could beat Tactical Challenge 6.

Wonder how long Platinum can afford to release flops.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Platinum make amazing games that don't sell. Hate the over-reacting fans all you want but they have really created some great shit. Viewtiful Joe will always be my favorite, I have no idea why it didn't take off more, it was classic.

I realize its a minor thing to most people but this shit really puzzles me. Do people really actually drop $400-500 on a system without even considering if there are any games they actually want for it? And christ sake, if you're posting on gaf you'd have to be the most oblivious motherfucker to not see the numerous threads on this exact same topic that crop up almost weekly.

People on here will drop $400+ on a console for a single game, then return it and the console after beating it.

Silky

Banned
What a week that was for me. In the time of me being banned, I've gotten horrible news, day after day. thinking on it all, I'm kinda grateful for that ban so I can get some shit together in my life.

My grandmother passed last Friday. Shit hit me hard. But, then I found out exactly why she passed, and I don't really know how to feel after it.

So I'm gonna ask you this, BCT: Would your faith, belief or whatever be in the way of a decision if that decision was life or death?

--

Platinum made Anarchy Motherfucking Reigns. That was a game I spent 8 months on perfecting it's multiplayer. Shit was SO good. Would buy that 30 times over that hot trash Vanquish.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN THEY'RE MAKING A MOTHERFUCKING CLOCK TOWER SUCCESSOR. I am /SO/ excited for that. Biggest highlight of TGS, hands fucking down.

Kreed

So I saw that ot for christianity and wondered if there were ones for other non/beliefs like it. So I just search atheist and see what comes up and I notice this. Holy shit is this real? This is a comedy show? Are their ridiculous reactions supposed to be the joke? Guy seems like a completely decent person and they turn on him cause he's an atheist. Things like this doesn't happen in real life do they?

Yes to all your questions. Old/"conservative" black folks are ready for war when you drop that atheist/agnostic talk on them.

Slayven

Platinum make amazing games that don't sell. Hate the over-reacting fans all you want but they have really created some great shit. Viewtiful Joe will always be my favorite, I have no idea why it didn't take off more, it was classic.

Love for a company is one thing. Zealotry is another. Not that Platinum fans are guilty of that. The religion of Steam is the worse.

Yes to all your questions. Old/"conservative" black folks are ready for war when you drop that atheist/agnostic talk on them.

He aint lyin

Tell an older black woman you're an atheist if you want
iPleyDJSztJZ2.png

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
devo, moris, m, and scare - yal the real mvps ;_;

we might make this raid dream come true
Platinum has earned the love they get.

and the lols for their shitty sales too

i love that girl but she's never coming to church with me

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Love for a company is one thing. Zealotry is another. Not that Platinum fans are guilty of that. The religion of Steam is the worse.
I agree with that. They aren't the second coming, just a great developer that hasn't traditionally had much luck translating the quality of their games into actual sales.

Jado

Banned
"I just bought this system. what games are good for it? I'm incapable of coming to conclusions, do it for me"
I hate those threads. As well as the "sell me on buying game X" threads. Fucking arrogance.

Same, especially the latter. "Convince me to buy Thing!" just comes off very stupid and irritating. Way I see it, the person is intentionally ignoring the mountains of info, impressions here on GAF and across the Internet to draw attention to himself and his obvious future purchase.

Slayven

Same, especially the latter. "Convince me to buy Thing!" just comes off very stupid and irritating. Way I see it, the person is intentionally ignoring the mountains of info, impressions here on GAF and across the Internet to draw attention to himself and his obvious future purchase.

that and the internet is terrible for recommendations.

I agree with that. They aren't the second coming, just a great developer that hasn't traditionally had much luck translating the quality of their games into actual sales.

Considering they work within a genre filled with a lot of niche elitism, it's not that surprising.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
This isn't particularly aimed at you, but I think the extremes are ridiculous as well, when it comes to film directors, but I don't get why it's so abhorrent when it comes to game devs. It's the same shit, but I only ever hear people called out about it when it comes to vg devs, even if they have a spectacular resume. Nobody bats an eye when someone says Cameron is the action movie gawd, yet...

I agree about Naughty dog. Don't get me wrong...they've made a lot of fun games, but they are getting Tarantino status off of the fact that one game had a decent storyline. lol.

It's cool. I don't mind. :)

I barely pay attention to film devs but don't worry, I'm not bothered by people liking devs but any extremes bothers me, not just gaming. I don't like crazy fans, They make the rest of us look bad.

I dunno if you've seen me ranting about how overbearing the Naruto fandom can be. I think it's crazy but this has nothing to do with normal fans. Even my favorite games have trolls. RE fandom is always bitching about co-op. But you know, I know many that are cool. Doesn't stop me from fussing lol

If you really pay attention, I'm always ranting about something hahaha

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That's either a troll thread or dude fell in love at first strip. "yo she's different than the others"

I'm going with the former.

Paging DY

J10

Banned

There's a thing that happens in OT once in a while that I find really annoying, where someone will make a thread crowdsourcing opinions on a really mundane trivial thing.

"Hey guys, I'm visiting A New City and I wanna try This Burger Place. Has anyone eaten there? What should I get?"

Just order a fucking burger, chew it, and swallow it, you fucking muppet.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Considering they work within a genre filled with a lot of niche elitism, it's not that surprising.

Yep.

Doesn't help that they're one of the last developers dedicated to making games for that niche as well. So they're kind of elevated above EVERYTHING else since there really is no one else similar

Jado

Banned
that and the internet is terrible for recommendations.

Not when you rely on people you know have tastes similar to yours and who have an idea of what you like/don't like. Do agree it doesnt make as much sense when you create a dumb thread asking for opinions from a hundred random people.

Slayven

Not when you rely on people you know have tastes similar to yours and who have an idea of what you like/don't like. Do agree it doesnt make as much sense when you create a dumb thread asking for opinions from a hundred random people.

Yeah Parallax likes Aquaman, I know that dude's taste can't be trusted.

Jado

Banned
So how much did you pay her in all?

For any guy thinking he found love, asking himself this simple question should put things into perspective and crashing back to reality.

What the hell is wrong with black parents? You get a cold and they want you to go to ER on some ol goofy shit.

It's all black and Hispanic people + anyone poor or who hasn't had regular healthcare. Hospitals in my old neighborhood get clogged up with so many people with silly problems. One went so far to create an "urgent care" center to keep all that shit away from ER and not tie up resources needed for people who really had an emergency.

Trey

Amber Rose bad as shit, single or married, pre and post child. Best thing Yeezus did in his career was plucking her out of whichever club lobby she was milling around in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Amber Rose bad as shit, single or married, pre and post child. Best thing Yeezus did in his career was plucking her out of whichever club lobby she was milling around in.

mhm mhm, I concur.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
It's cool. I don't mind. :)

I barely pay attention to film devs but don't worry, I'm not bothered by people liking devs but any extremes bothers me, not just gaming. I don't like crazy fans, They make the rest of us look bad.

I dunno if you've seen me ranting about how overbearing the Naruto fandom can be. I think it's crazy but this has nothing to do with normal fans. Even my favorite games have trolls. RE fandom is always bitching about co-op. But you know, I know many that are cool. Doesn't stop me from fussing lol

If you really pay attention, I'm always ranting about something hahaha

True. lol. You're definitely right about overbearing fandom tho. That shit is mind-boggling ridiculous.

RE fans *sigh*. So many lack imagination and I'm sure some have never seen a horror movie ever in their lives, or played another horror game. lol

What the hell is wrong with black parents? You get a cold and they want you to go to ER on some ol goofy shit.

What black parents have you been around? Black folks are always on that, "my grandmother ate this plant, and never got sick" homeopathy only bullshit. Black folks don't trust doctors, never want to be seen with doctors, and are better than doctors (joking obviously). lol

edit:
They're like a hundred times better than gaf's new favorite, from software

*puts on hipster glasses* I liked them when I only knew about Armored Core on PS1.

No I just don't think dark souls is all that good. I respect difficulty but not to the point of making a game feel like a chore, plus the controls can be janky as fuck sometimes. Bloodborne....I'm gonna need a demo. If it's just dark souls 3 with new weapons then I can't

You'll never catch platinum with wack controls. They made one of the most fluid third person shooters of all time

KumaJG

Black parents / parents in general to over over exaggerate things.

I am part of Demon's > Dark Soul crowd. For some reason DS didn't appeal to me

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
No I just don't think dark souls is all that good. I respect difficulty but not to the point of making a game feel like a chore, plus the controls can be janky as fuck sometimes. Bloodborne....I'm gonna need a demo. If it's just dark souls 3 with new weapons then I can't

You'll never catch platinum with wack controls. They made one of the most fluid third person shooters of all time
Idk man, I've never had major beef with the controls. They've pissed me off before no doubt, and I think the second game had some major input lag problems at the start. But they are what I would consider fairly fluid and consistent in their own system at least. Some jank and input lag may or may not have been patched since release (haven't played 2 since I platinum'd it pre-DLC).

From is terrible at porting games to PC, bad sometimes at asset management (see: Forest of the 1-dimensional blurry pixel backgrounds etc.), they have issues with managing consistent, QUALITY difficulty (some stuff like Bed of Chaos, Twin Dragonriders etc are just weak, lame shit that either added a ton of bullshit difficulty or added no difficulty except "same fight, except DOUBLE the enemies!" and there are lots more examples) and obviously the marketing for Dark Souls 2 was on some fuckery with how they had to completely downgrade the entire lighting system prior to release but decided not to tell anyone.

That being said I try to be honest about criticism for the things I like. I won't make a list of PROs because it's already been done plenty. I really like the Souls series a lot. Bloodborne will be day 1 for me even if it really is just a Dark Souls 3 with new weapons. But I have good reason to believe it will be much more than that (original DS director, better team etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom