• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoe

Banned
Eating humble pie out of his hand?

Wow, do people actually talk like that?
eb71bc11b7cd36d1cdc52bb0b33a19f1-hideo-kojima.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can we stop pretending that they're anything special yet?

I mean, Bayo and MGS:R were OK, but anyone would think the studio cured cancer with the way people revere them.

Do not speak ill of the Gaf trifecta of Platinum, Obsidian, and Naughty Dog.
Ye may not make it through the night around these parts.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

I mean, Bayo and MGS:R were OK, but anyone would think the studio cured cancer with the way people revere them.

I dunno, it's not really Platinum itself that attracts people I think, I think it's the devs like Kamiya. Which is understandable, he's always doing something awesome but I wish people didn't go to extremes with their appreciation of the dude.

Naughty Dogs is something else though haha

SmokyDave

Shit, gotta confess that I've got Vanquish on PS3, but I've never actually played it. My PS3 is pretty much just a dedicated Gran Turismo 6 rig nowadays.

Is it really that good? FPS, or TPS?

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Shit, gotta confess that I've got Vanquish on PS3, but I've never actually played it. My PS3 is pretty much just a dedicated Gran Turismo 6 rig nowadays.

Is it really that good? FPS, or TPS?

Gameplay is pure bliss. Best TPS I've ever played.

You can skip the story.

Edit: Platinum fans aren't even half as bad as Ninja Theory fans.

Gorillaz

Some games is cool going in not knowing anything

But not a fresh 60 dollar game. I aint dropping 60 on something I dont know about lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well DmC was more fun than Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

SmokyDave

Buy games without looking up any info on them brahs

Playstation Plus. I don't have enough time in my life to look up every game that fucking service throws at me, much less play 'em. Since I started typing this post at least four new games have probably landed in my library.

Rising is shit. SHIT!!!!!
Eh, it was alright for a quick Sunday afternoon blast. No desire to play it again though.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I dunno, it's not really Platinum itself that attracts people I think, I think it's the devs like Kamiya. Which is understandable, he's always doing something awesome but I wish people didn't go to extremes with their appreciation of the dude.

Naughty Dogs is something else though haha

This isn't particularly aimed at you, but I think the extremes are ridiculous as well, when it comes to film directors, but I don't get why it's so abhorrent when it comes to game devs. It's the same shit, but I only ever hear people called out about it when it comes to vg devs, even if they have a spectacular resume. Nobody bats an eye when someone says Cameron is the action movie gawd, yet...

I agree about Naughty dog. Don't get me wrong...they've made a lot of fun games, but they are getting Tarantino status off of the fact that one game had a decent storyline. lol.

lets not pretend Platinum making great games that sell terribly is some kind of shocking development here.

This goes all the way back to Clover. lol. People acting brand new.

In an era where action games are non-existant, people are still wondering why P* gets all the praise...when not even the old devs have their shit together anymore? Stop frauding.

Gorillaz

Naughty Dog gets credit from a lot of people for not imploding yet for the decade or 2 they have been in business.

They basically pivoted their studio direction and theme each time without fucking up. From Crash to TLOU.

Mortemis

Banned
In an era where action games are non-existant, people are still wondering why P* gets all the praise...when not even the old devs have their shit together anymore? Stop frauding.

Exactly. Platinum is just getting Capcom's old praise plus more since they're the only guys in the game making shit like this.

Nah, they're pretty great, but people still get way to overzealous about hyping them up.

Bayonetta is my favorite action game period, and even I kinda get annoyed by some of the fanbase.

Jado

Banned
Dreamed about gaf last night. Dreamed that Storm went ham on Gamergate and MRAs for some odd reason and got banned.

I took some time to read about Gamergate and there really is a huge chunk of it consisting of concerned people, minorities and women who have nothing to do with the mysogynistic/MRA side that is harassing certain devs and bloggers. They have focused on the cushy relationship between big publishers and gaming sites, and the backlash to writers who go against the status quo (getting fired for criticism-laden writing).

Unfortunately, I kinda still don't care...? Collusion to hype up stuff like Titanfall and Destiny has no effect on my purchasing decisions. I also get that some of these big-budget titles cost a lot to make and everyone involved on all sides is trying to get paid as much as possible. Gaming sites are promotional vehicles, not true journalism/news sources. They don't want any employee compromising revenue sources (no company does). It may suck, but it's true anywhere you go.

In these cases, it's best to go build your own site, blog, YouTube channel, etc. and do honest reporting as you see fit. This is easy and affordable -- unlike when someone says "if you don't like a movie's message, make your own."

Slayven

I took some time to read about Gamergate and there really is a huge chunk of it consisting of concerned people, minorities and women who have nothing to do with the mysogynistic/MRA side that is harassing certain devs and bloggers. They have focused on the cushy relationship between big publishers and gaming sites, and the backlash to writers who go against the status quo (getting fired for criticism-laden writing).

Unfortunately, I kinda still don't care...? Collusion to hype up stuff like Titanfall and Destiny has no effect on my purchasing decisions. I also get that some of these big-budget titles cost a lot to make and everyone involved on all sides is trying to get paid as much as possible. Gaming sites are promotional vehicles, not true journalism/news sources. They don't want any employee compromising revenue sources (no company does). It may suck, but it's true anywhere you go.

In these cases, it's best to go build your own site, blog, YouTube channel, etc. and do honest reporting as you see fit. This is easy and affordable -- unlike when someone says "if you don't like a movie's message, make your own."

Gamergate is an open sewer of revolving conflicting issues. That is why I have a hard time understanding and caring.

Akainu

So I saw that ot for christianity and wondered if there were ones for other non/beliefs like it. So I just search atheist and see what comes up and I notice this. Holy shit is this real? This is a comedy show? Are their ridiculous reactions supposed to be the joke? Guy seems like a completely decent person and they turn on him cause he's an atheist. Things like this doesn't happen in real life do they?

lordmrw

"I just bought this system. what games are good for it? I'm incapable of coming to conclusions, do it for me"

I realize its a minor thing to most people but this shit really puzzles me. Do people really actually drop $400-500 on a system without even considering if there are any games they actually want for it? And christ sake, if you're posting on gaf you'd have to be the most oblivious motherfucker to not see the numerous threads on this exact same topic that crop up almost weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom