• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I might have to bite this bullet and take a pay cut. I've been looking for jobs around what AT&T use to pay me (though in reality that wasn't much compared to what I want) but I have no experience in other industries that pay as much. This just solidifies the fact for me that I need to hop into a masters program or find a way to successfully create something for myself. Unemployment is depressing but it's also eye opening to those harsh realities of live you take for granted. Oh well I made a decision to quit, whether wise or not I stand by it. Lol sorry to vent, y'all.

Slayven

Was thinking that too.

This dude might have already busted one

nuthinfunny-armedfathers.jpg

Man, "issue A is the Civil Rights issue of our day!" might be an "on sight" phrase for me now. Not that whatever issue it is, isn't important--but that phrase carries the suggestions that America's problem with its black CLASS has been handled or is only a minor issue.

Slayven

Man, "issue A is the Civil Rights issue of our day!" might be an "on sight" phrase for me now. Not that whatever issue it is, isn't important--but that phrase carries the suggestions that America's problem with its black CLASS has been handled or is only a minor issue.
I hate that shit, trying to get instant cred but shitting on black people.
I had the exact same reaction.

"I wish you luck finding someone willing to put up with this bullshit."

Then again, I was never one of these mutt-ass niggas desperate to fuck anything that smiled at me.

No Wynning?

I might have to bite this bullet and take a pay cut. I've been looking for jobs around what AT&T use to pay me (though in reality that wasn't much compared to what I want) but I have no experience in other industries that pay as much. This just solidifies the fact for me that I need to hop into a masters program or find a way to successfully create something for myself. Unemployment is depressing but it's also eye opening to those harsh realities of live you take for granted. Oh well I made a decision to quit, whether wise or not I stand by it. Lol sorry to vent, y'all.

I can sorta relate to that shit bruh. I work at the TSA right now and I'm trying to leave and I had a job interview where I would be working on an Air Force base for an internship. I was under the impression that my military and federal time wouldn't count because of what I was told at the interview. Today I found out since I was transferring to another federal job they would match my pay and benefits that I have right now. I am kicking myself in the head trying to see if I can still take the job, but of course they don't want to answer the phone.

Jado

Banned
It was surreal arguing alongside Zoe against the people who thought another Asian poster overreacted to being called "Oriental" by simply telling the person "that's offensive."

Of course she's back to her regularly scheduled shit show regarding a black person.

Not surreal. I don't pay attention to Zoe much except that he/she seems to always pop up in threads to say a lot of borderline stupid/ignorant shit about minorities... except if it's about Asians or about an Asian country. Gee, I wonder why Zoe only sticks up for Asians.

Spinluck

What strategy you fools running on the final boss of the Destiny Raid? Me and my inept friends keep finding ways to lose. I swear that the game has glitched on us before too.

like when I have the shield, and I'm activating the force field, explosions from outside will kill them. I tell them not to stay too close to edge but you know how guys don't like to be wrong.

Spinluck

I feel you.

I worked at Best Buy about 2 years ago and really began to hate it towards the end. I work for a Flight Catering company right now, but I probably should've left after I had something else lined up. Unemployment is fucking rough.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
XagITdD.jpg

EDIT: Elo it was TWC actually, but I have had shitty experience with AT&T as well. Hope you find something better soon.

Slayven

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I can sorta relate to that shit bruh. I work at the TSA right now and I'm trying to leave and I had a job interview where I would be working on an Air Force base for an internship. I was under the impression that my military and federal time wouldn't count because of what I was told at the interview. Today I found out since I was transferring to another federal job they would match my pay and benefits that I have right now. I am kicking myself in the head trying to see if I can still take the job, but of course they don't want to answer the phone.
Stay up man. I know the struggle. Keep pestering them. Better to bug them than to never get that call.

I feel you.

I worked at Best Buy about 2 years ago and really began to hate it towards the end. I work for a Flight Catering company right now, but I probably should've left after I had something else lined up. Unemployment is fucking rough.
What kind of qualifications did you need for a flight catering company shoot

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I feel y'all with this job hunt bs. I am working but it feels like I've been trapped in 3rd circle of hell for the last 3yrs. Thought I had a sure shot recently but didn't even make the interview process. Man it bums you out something fierce.

Edit: tried that LinkedIn thing y'all mentioned a few threads ago only to find that it's Facebook disguised as opportunity.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
it at least did better than brick ass W101.

It also did better than Wind Waker HD and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze in their first weeks as well so...

It miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight just be the platform it's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom