• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

KumaJG

Why do people worship Steam like some God? Another company you can't shit about is Value. I think they are the most worship gaming company on the web.

On another note, I think people give Ubisoft too much shit.

strobogo

Banned
Incredible Hulk (2011) #1

right after Feat Itself, Hulk trying to get his mind right. Hulk's beard game has always been tight

maestro.jpg

The Incredible Kimbo Slice

Like my thing is you have no.idea how the couple operates, how are they a proper model? Because they're together?

Hell some black parents stayed together even though the marriage was shit simply because they wanted to keep the fam together. Not a standard I look to when thinking a marriage is successful. Neither is public affection. Or going to basketball games lol

Trey

the adoration of black couples is nothing compared to how folks love the royal couple and brad pitt and angelina jolie. It's just an extension of celebrity worship.

I thought they were about to split?

rumors started flaring up so of course they're hinting at Beyonce being pregnant again.

ReiGun

Like my thing is you have no.idea how the couple operates, how are they a proper model? Because they're together?

Hell some black parents stayed together even though the marriage was shit simply because they wanted to keep the fam together. Not a standard I look to when thinking a marriage is successful. Neither is public affection. Or going to basketball games lol
People ain't thinking about it that hard. They just know it looks good on an instagram meme and gives them a reason to shit talk regular dudes and women.

And yeah, it is just an extension of celeb worship.

What black parents have you been around? Black folks are always on that, "my grandmother ate this plant, and never got sick" homeopathy only bullshit. Black folks don't trust doctors, never want to be seen with doctors, and are better than doctors (joking obviously). lol

"mmhmm if you got your ass to church and found Jesus, none of that would have happen. That aint nothing but the devil."

Silky

Banned
Got 15 minutes to type this last paper, brehs. then I'm done with school for a couple of weeks. One last page...pls

"mmhmm if you got your ass to church and found Jesus, none of that would have happen. That aint nothing but the devil."

Maaaan, you don't believe how much I hear this shit from my folks

I hate those threads. As well as the "sell me on buying game X" threads. Fucking arrogance.

Those tend to be the biggest articles that people would classify as "clickbait". Just simply answering those questions in a straightforward manner.

Like MetaCritic, we enthusiasts tend to forget there's a wide variety of gamers beyond our ranks who just want to go to the store and buy a goddamn system and some games. They don't want to read and research. They just want to put down their money with the knowledge that they'll find fun at the end of the day.

Like MetaCritic, we enthusiasts tend to forget there's a wide variety of gamers beyond our ranks who just want to go to the store and buy a goddamn system and some games. They don't want to read and research. They just want to put down their money with the knowledge that they'll find fun at the end of the day.

Makes less sense when you're registered on a game enthusiast forum, though.

Old time spirituality lol. I mean I be afraid to speak my mind to my Grandma sometimes when she gets on them tangents. Not that I'm an atheist or agnostic but my beliefs are fundamentally (heh) different.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Those tend to be the biggest articles that people would classify as "clickbait". Just simply answering those questions in a straightforward manner.

i can handle "what good games exist for _______? from people that dont post on gaming sites, but with many sites comprising lists of games for platform where the only thing you have to do is search for them, its a sign of lazyness. and the sell me on game console/game argument is weak for those that propose them. what makes someone so special on a message board that people should even attempt to answer that? noone here gets commission for someone buying a product.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Hey Moris, has that technician come over to your house yet? I want more tales of gross incompetence (consequences of uncontested monopolies).

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

There it is.

Makes less sense when you're registered on a game enthusiast forum, though.

That's the truth.

and the sell me on game console/game argument is weak for those that propose them. what makes someone so special on a message board that people should even attempt to answer that? noone here gets commission for someone buying a product.

I can also agree with this. On here, you can just find the official thread and read through it.

There it is.

Eh?

Hey Moris, has that technician come over to your house yet? I want more tales of gross incompetence (consequences of uncontested monopolies).

A automated message called me asking if I still needed service. I put it on hold to check if the issue was still there, it hung up on me.

It was surreal arguing alongside Zoe against the people who thought another Asian poster overreacted to being called "Oriental" by simply telling the person "that's offensive."

Of course she's back to her regularly scheduled shit show regarding a black person.

Slayven

It was surreal arguing alongside Zoe against the people who thought another Asian poster overreacted to being called "Oriental" by simply telling the person "that's offensive."

Of course she's back to her regularly scheduled shit show regarding a black person.

Love me some Zoe. Some people can't see past their very limited spheres "I am not offended by that so you shouldn't be either" type of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom