• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a strong female character,

iPleyDJSztJZ2.png

I'll admit it's been a minute since I've read/watched Naruto but what what point was Sakura ever a strong female character

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Take a strong female character, turn her into a lovesick idiot over some dude who keeps trying to assassinate her. Cool.

And there's people that want the girl to end up with the guy that keeps trying to kill her! Makes me sick. I'm tired of abusive relationships being glorified. It's bothers me (when it prolly shouldn't), but that's because it's so unhealthy.

Sakura really started off part 2 as a wonderful character. Its mind boggling how she was slowly but surely turned into a punching bag both emotionally and physically, instead of a heroine in the manga.

I hope once this manga ends there's never another like it. Nothing is remotely acceptable about the women in it, nothing. A spare few gems is never enough to excuse the overall presentation.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That's basically the only thing she's done in the entire series.

There are plenty of strong females in the series that don't get a lot of the spotlight (if any at all). It would have been cool if he was trying to make a statement on battered spouse syndrome (or something akin to it) with Sakura, but he's not, and his handling of Sakura has been juvenile as fuck. Her love for Sasuke was cute as a crush, when they were kids, but since then she's been a waste of a character, whom can only do things when her male friends come to help her out. Her love for this jackass causes her to be crazy irrational. Tsunade should have slapped the fuck out of her.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Naruto is more lovesick than her though.

SASUKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEE

hes gotten farther with him than she has, true. but hes at least done shit in the series. none of the other women havent. im suprised theyve completely dropped hinatas prodigy sister

Gorillaz

So whats the BCT verdict on Blackish?

laurence fishburne is uncle/grandfather in your family that says some slick shit and thanks that you ain't shit all the time and has no off button with it lol

edit: Tsunderes and Naurto, had to check to see if I saw in the toonami thread for a min

They nerfing shottys? Damn maaayne that is my go to weapon especially after clearing a room with the GG.

Took a break from Crucible to finish up the story, got to Venus and you cats werent lying this dialogue is terribad, "evil so evil it hates other evil" lolwat

Trey

That was 100% out of character for her though. She's been useless with flashes of worth for the entirety of the series. Naruto as a whole is a cesspool for weak female characters.

hey guys Sakura knocked the final boss upside the noggin' to setup a Naruto-Sasuke two way finisher. That's something, right?!

Kishi is trash, the manga has be horrible to its characters for a while now.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
That was 100% out of character for her though. She's been useless with flashes of worth for the entirety of the series. Naruto as a whole is a cesspool for weak female characters.

It wasn't ooc. She was supposed to come off more mature and so was Naruto. They both were destroyed in characterization for the sake of continuity and to keep fans interested.

Both have an unhealthy attachment to Sasuke, people are blindly mistaking his bond with the guy for 'normal' friendship, when in reality, it's still an abusive relationship.

But you're correct, the only girl I can recall being decent was Ino but she can't save this hideous manga.

lovesick idiot has been her character from the start though

She wasn't the only one. I think EVERY girl had something pertaining to romance as a motivation. Save maybe a few.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I thought Ino was the living breathing L of female characters

Really? I must have missed something cuz I remember her being pretty strong and able to hold up her team during the war with her leadership. But then again, I shouldn't be surprised if she was degraded given what's happened to everyone else.

Slayven

Really? I must have missed something cuz I remember her being pretty strong and able to hold up her team during the war with her leadership. But then again, I shouldn't be surprised if she was degraded given what's happened to everyone else.

Did you read another story? She was always screaming and being deadweight in a fight.

Kreed

The last legitimately strong female I remember Naruto having that wasn't also part fan service was Konan, and she's in the dirt. Sadly Naruto still stomps over One Piece in this area.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Did you read another story? She was always screaming and being deadweight in a fight.

Ino? I fell off around the time the war got started but Tumblr blog I followed used to keep me somewhat up-to-date til I stopped following. I saw a panel of someone coming back from the dead and Team Shikamaru was fighting the guy and she looked like she was handling everything pretty well.

Maybe that was fake? :(

Slayven

The last legitimately strong female I remember Naruto having that wasn't also part fan service was Konan, and she's in the dirt. Sadly Naruto still stomps over One Piece in this area.

Funny that the weapon fruit chick is treated as a joke, cause she could be legit dangerous.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I hate that Konan died to one of the most bullshit eye-hacks ever. She's up there with Itachi, imo. The way she sonned Obito was grand.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I laughed, but it also kinda affirms a few negative impressions I've gotten about army mentality in regards to grievance and HR type stuff.

not really

you got real issues? then as long as you handle it like an adult - you'll typically be fine unless there's some massive underhanded corruption at work (which i've seen and dealt with myself and... it does exist but never in a place where you'd actually see this posted)

but outside of that, man... people can't get 'fired' in the military, so putting up with bitchassness makes shit rough for everyone else actually doing the job - and we all get paid the same regardless too so the common response to stuff is 'stfu we all know it sucks but it sucks more when you got dead weight on the team'

Mumei

Why am I still reading Naruto. I'm so damned committed that I can't bring myself not to finish this train wreck. Sakura is the biggest simp in all of mangna right about now.

I'm about twelve-ish volumes behind, I think. I should catch up to see how much more ass-pulling Kishi has been able to pack into this (insanely drawn out) finale.

ReiGun

Remember Phase Two of the Chunnin exam when Kishi tricked us into believing he was gonna do with Sakura, but then he had her tie with Ino (probably the weakest kunoichi in Phase 3) during the tournament and sit out every major arc till the end of Part 1. Including the Sasuke Retrieval Arc, where scrubs like Kiba and Choji got pushed over her.

Good times.

She wasn't the only one. I think EVERY girl had something pertaining to romance as a motivation. Save maybe a few.
TenTen's only motivation was wanting to be a great kunoichi like Tsunade and Temari was just about dat ninja life/looking out for her bros.

Naturally, both are seldom seen and have shit for character development.

Destiny...let me set up custom rooms in PvP with no supers (or supers always on) or no vehicles etc don't mind if it won't count towards crucible marks or whatever. Let me have fun you dicks.

Provide a system for 'team no friends' to compile a raid team in game, like a bulletin board. Give some marks or something to those who sign up to help and follow through.

5 years on what Bungie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom