• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people keep calling DOFP another Wolverine movie? He literally only
told past Xavier about the future and suggested Quicksilver
. Aside from those things everything else that moved the plot along was done by the other people

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I really should give DD another go.

I found the beginning so boring. Anyone else find it boring and then love it?

I tired 4 different times to get into it. just didn't grip me. Should have had a real online coop system.

KumaJG

I really should give DD another go.

I found the beginning so boring. Anyone else find it boring and then love it?

I loved it from jump but I can see where you are coming from. The game starts off slow and doesn't pick up until the wyrmm hunt quest line. If you don't enjoy it by then the game just not for you.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Peace over war begins.

It mad sad we are legit like 3-5 years from both a class warfare and a possible race war.
You cool but the above is dumb as fuck

People can't even show up to vote but they're gonna have a civil war in the streets. No.

Mumei

I was looking for a post on Gradient Lair about Beyoncé, when I came across this post that starts off with this gif set:

tumblr_nabiv75a7g1qeh4t2o1_500.gif

tumblr_nabiv75a7g1qeh4t2o2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nabiv75a7g1qeh4t2o3_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nabiv75a7g1qeh4t2o4_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nabiv75a7g1qeh4t2o5_r3_500.gif

tumblr_nabiv75a7g1qeh4t2o6_r2_500.gif

tumblr_nabiv75a7g1qeh4t2o7_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nabiv75a7g1qeh4t2o8_r2_500.gif

There's a link to the hour and a half long discussion with bell hooks and Melissa Harris-Perry on the blog post.

KumaJG

Everything wrong with....... is my new guilty pleasure. Nice time waster while at work.

Shit is funny. Very good time waster.

@DY Black/Poor communities dont take voting seriously. I wish they would. Only time blacks got up n vote was to get Obama in office. Some expect Dude to fix everything wrong with the Black community.

People can't even show up to vote but they're gonna have a civil war in the streets. No.

That's because most folks think voting is Bullshit. Niggas will riot before they vote. I don't agree with voting being bullshit but that's the train of thought I hear a lot of the time.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That's because most folks think voting is Bullshit. Niggas will riot before they vote. I don't agree with voting being bullshit but that's the train of thought I hear a lot of the time.
People don't even know what a riot looks like. The rest of the world tears more shit up after a cricket match than we do after a botched election or civil injustice

Slayven

I don't understand folks that have a hardon for some french revolution type of shit. It won't happen because the McRip is always a few weeks from coming back.

Some folks will riot to loot, and that is a small percentage.

Kreed

People don't even know what a riot looks like. The rest of the world tears more shit up after a cricket match than we do after a botched election or civil injustice

I've had the "we are going to have a race war" arguments too, and the above is what makes me laugh at the idea. Even if Black people in the US still had the mentality of black people in the 60s when it comes to rights and getting involved, this country is too large and climates are too different from state to state. Not to mention black people are way more involved in this country than they were in the past. A black man with a good career and a family in California isn't going to go to war for a police shooting in Missouri.

I've had the "we are going to have a race war" arguments too, and the above is what makes me laugh at the idea. Even if Black people in the US still had the mentality of black people in the 60s when it comes to rights and getting involved, this country is too large and climates are too different from state to state. Not to mention black people are way more involved in this country than they were in the past. A black man with a good career and a family in California isn't going to go to war for a police shooting in Missouri.

That has shades of when peeps were mad that the clippers were still playing after dude got caught saying racist shit. Calling them sellouts and shit. It'll be the same thing there.

Kraftwerk

As the writer of the BishxEviLore fan fic, this comment even made me go wat;

Just speaking from a personal point of view, not officially representing myself here. But if I had to choose, I'd definitely have intercourse with EvilLore over Bish.
He looks like he would be a tender, yet passionate lover and wouldn't be afraid of opening his horizons to new means of pleasure.

Also, he looks a bit like me and I've always wanted to be fucked by myself.

KumaJG

That has shades of when peeps were mad that the clippers were still playing after dude got caught saying racist shit. Calling them sellouts and shit. It'll be the same thing there.

People hold celebrities to some ungodly expectations. I personally dont see them as a sellout.

Roots is essential watching or reading, that's why you have people acting surprised with all the institutional racism. I have zero respect for those that can watch and memorize 60 years of comic history or 150 hours of anime but can't take the few hours it takes to look at an almost unvarnished account of slavery and its impact.

Kraftwerk

Young folks not having seen Roots? Is this trolling?

Hmm? I grew up in the middle-east bruh. Only thing I grew up seeing was bombs over Kabul.

Roots is essential watching or reading, that's why you have people acting surprised with all the institutional racism. I have zero respect for those that can watch and memorize 60 years of comic history or 150 hours of anime but can't take the few hours it takes to look at an almost unvarnished account of slavery and its impact.

Watching it over the next few days.

Kraftwerk

I grew up in New Jersey I still know about the Magna Carta

Dunno why you are getting all angry. Not all of us know about everything,

And nice strawman. I didn't say that I didn't know about slavery, just the show Roots.

I get that you want young people to see it, and now that someone like me is finally watching it, you are acting hostile. Thats not the way to do it. You will actually turn people off.

Dunno why you are getting all angry. Not all of us know about everything,

And nice strawman. I didn't say that I didn't know about slavery, just the show Roots.

I get that you want young people to see it, and now that someone like me is finally watching it, you are acting hostile. Thats not the way to do it. You will actually turn people off.

I'm in a forum having a discussion, why am I angry? How do you even claim to know my stae of mind? Am I wearing clothes? Do I like Jazz? Tell me what else you know?

Kraftwerk

don't worry, we're used to white people thinkin we're irrationally angry all the time

oh god...

fuck

seirously though, Just annoyed me when he thought I was trolling, and that I MUST know about Roots, regardless of where I grew up a.k.a in a place where people make fun of blacks and jews al lthe time.

Oh well. Sorry again.

oh god...

fuck

seirously though, Just annoyed me when he thought I was trolling, and that I MUST know about Roots, regardless of where I grew up a.k.a in a place where people make fun of blacks and jews al lthe time.

Oh well. Sorry again.

No harm, no foul. Yes, watch Roots. Even if you aren't Black or America it will be not only educational but probably a humbling experience. Its pretty entertaining too, its going to grab you early on and not let go.

We used to watch it in school in history class, led to a lot of tense moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom