• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if console people are just out of it, not that I don't understand the frustration or anything, but MMOs these days are pretty much money sinkholes. Expansions, gear, aesthetic swag. You're going to be paying for it after the initial purchase of the game.

the potential for teamwork in The Division looks like it will be crazier than Destiny. is that gonna be the new shit whenever it releases? i'm pretty hyped for that game.

the potential for teamwork in The Division looks like it will be crazier than Destiny. is that gonna be the new shit whenever it releases? i'm pretty hyped for that game.

Teamwork (other than rezzing) doesn't really exist in Destiny from what I've seen unless there is some better dungeon crafting in the Raid.

D i Z

I have a question. What makes the teamwork in the preview for this game look like something new and different?

KumaJG

I dunno if console people are just out of it, not that I don't understand the frustration or anything, but MMOs these days are pretty much money sinkholes. Expansions, gear, aesthetic swag. You're going to be paying for it after the initial purchase of the game.

Why weren't gamers this upset with Elder Scrolls Online? !

zero_suit

mjlol.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=903149

I needed a good laugh today.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

At this point MMOs usually end up (or start out) F2P. You either pay nothing up front and then pay for cash shop stuff and maybe expansions, or you pay up front for everything, or have a monthly subscription to keep going. And there are only like 3 or 4 games that even do the straight subscription model anymore.

60 bucks + a map pack when they feel like it is not really how MMOs work. If that's what they were shooting for, they did it wrong.

oh god...

fuck

seirously though, Just annoyed me when he thought I was trolling, and that I MUST know about Roots, regardless of where I grew up a.k.a in a place where people make fun of blacks and jews al lthe time.

Oh well. Sorry again.
Don't watch Roots, watch American History X instead or A Day With Mexicans

Just finished the weekly nightfall mission whew!

Got 10 aacendent shards, friend got an exotic sniper. I'm a little pissed still. Level 29, got exotic chest piece, everything else legendary, all maxed except for one helmet upgrade....still rocking a rare heavy....and no exotic weapon to speak of.

Played tons of strikes/PvP, farmed like mad (177 spirit bloom etc) level 13 with cryptarch level 8 with my faction.

Get no love from Bungie's whack loot system.

Just finished the weekly nightfall mission whew!

Got 10 aacendent shards, friend got an exotic sniper. I'm a little pissed still. Level 29, got exotic chest piece, everything else legendary, all maxed except for one helmet upgrade....still rocking a rare heavy....and no exotic weapon to speak of.

Played tons of strikes/PvP, farmed like mad (177 spirit bloom etc) level 13 with cryptarch level 8 with my faction.

Get no love from Bungie's whack loot system.

Wish I could get some legs tbh.

Trey

Survivor's Remorse is okay but the writing is ridiculous. The characters don't even feel like real people, aside from Marcus.

Trey

Guild Wars 2 played it smart. It's extremely feasible to play the full game and never pay anet a cent beyond buying the game, but the incentives are still there. Makes the player feel more in control.

I can see a lot of mmo's adopting Anet's design philosophy as it pertains to monetization.

brutal sport, damn.

Bought an Epic helmet from that one dude who hides on the weekends, and I also somehow got 2 Epic quests. One was for a Fusion Rifle that involved dismantling 10 Rare or higher rifles, so I chucked it. This one is for a machine gun, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom