• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
To my queer brothers , when did you realize you were attraced to members of same sex?

Follow up: Was it hard for your parents to accept you?

I wish I never had to realize I was into guys. Probably the first day of my shitty existence.

Parents don't know. I'm just going to carry this sin to my grave.

akira28

*Goes to Pizza Hut*

*Orders the thin crust*

...something ain't right here.

that Pizza Hut cracker crust is on point. It reminds me of Godfather's pizza, which was the real pizza back in the day.

Think about it. It's the least pizza hut pizza you can get. Just a thin cracker crust, and then cheese and toppings. No bullshit to get in the way of your pepperoni. No day old oil saturated pan pizza crust. No crappy hand-tossed original bullshit crust.

Sure the stuffed crust is ok. But at the end of the day it ends up being tasteless mozzerella cheese in a slighly salty breadstick. Not excited.

Kreed

I haven't, but I've been to real pizzerias while I was in Vicenza Italy. If you're going to Pizza Hut thinking it's some nice ass pizzeria that whips up good pasta and pizza…so many adjectives I could use to describe such nonsense.

Personally I wouldn't even go to Pizza Hut for Pizza if you have options. But the idea of ordering Pasta from a place that's known for making Pizza doesn't sound disgusting. Sushi from Burger King sounds like a health code violation.

Edit:

Nope.

akira28

Personally I wouldn't even go to Pizza Hut for Pizza if you have options. But the idea of ordering Pasta from a place that's known for making Pizza doesn't sound disgusting. Sushi from Burger King sounds like a health code violation.

jahaha sounds like a GAF, Should I...? thread.

edit: cowfish, 15 dollars for a half lb. burger and fries? nah breh. Can't be that special.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The main problem with the "options" at Pizza hut and Dominoes and the like is that most of them are just combinations of ingredients from pre-existing items on their menus

My boy and I laughed pretty hard when Dominoes came out with those Chicken selects things or whatever. Pretty much paying for some teenager to throw cheese and pizza toppings on their chicken nuggets and shoving it in the microwave.

Basically if it's not Pizza, Wings or Breasticks you probably shouldn't be fucking with it at a national pizza chain. You literally paying to eat some bored at home microwave experiment

3v3 on huge maps.

6v6 on huge maps.

Not only huge but generally maps with no control points.

Feel like I'm playing hide and go seek on all the maps.

yes

When I have to bust out my sparrow just to get back to the entrance of a structure to start looking for enemies. You lost at map making.

Nothing ever happens in the time I spend pressing the touch pad, bringing that shit out and gassing it to the first opening. Ever.

Pizza Hut
i7h3KK1DuumdM.png

Never again

RedSwirl

The lack of japanese support is really showing.

Is it wrong that BloodBorne is the sole PS4 game I give a damn about for the next 12 months?

Edit: And to be honest, this isn't about PC gaming either, because even though I spent $1,000 last last winter on a damn 2ft-tall tower with a GTX 760, I haven't bought a single PC version of a PS4/XBO game to run on it. I don't think I will until February, by which time this rig will be more than a year old.

royalan

Man so far this PS4/XBO generation blows. About to go dig through my PS2 games.

Yeah...usually I have enough incentive to buy into a gen by now, surprised I don't so far.

I mean, the games ARE in development. The tidal wave is coming. This ain't a Nintendo situation.

But damn, whereas last gen felt like devs got wreckless (and paid for it), now it seems like they're all playing it way too safe. Just release the damn games already.

KumaJG

I wish I never had to realize I was into guys. Probably the first day of my shitty existence.

How come?! I said before if you need some1 to talk to I am here. Dont talk about being who you are as a sin. Make me a sad a panda / brown bear

hypernemo you need a inner monologue to help your life decision.

RedSwirl

Actually I think what happened was the "initial tidal wave" of good games got delayed by a few months. Usually it comes around the first X-mas after a console's launch. Now it's been pushed back to Feb.

strobogo

Banned
Best food I've ever had in my life was from street carts in Rome. I lived on pizza and gellato and lost 12 pounds in a week. It was amazing.

Is it wrong that BloodBorne is the sole PS4 game I give a damn about for the next 12 months?

Edit: And to be honest, this isn't about PC gaming either, because even though I spent $1,000 last last winter on a damn 2ft-tall tower with a GTX 760, I haven't bought a single PC version of a PS4/XBO game to run on it. I don't think I will until February, by which time this rig will be more than a year old.

Bloodborne is really the only thing that interests me really. I have yet to purchase a PS4 or XBO. All the hyped games are meh to me. Titanfall always looked like boring ass shit to me, Destiny beta was okay, I mean all these big budget games have been lacking. What's up next? Yet another Call of Duty and Halo:MCC. Fuck outta here.

I have nothing on PC to play, out of the 317 Steam games I own, I can't find myself wanting to play any of them.

I think I'm just burned out on videogames period.

FreeMufasa

People always say its like this every gen but last gen there was DOA4, Kameo, Gears, Condemned, Oblivion, Dead Rising, PGR3, Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark Zero for me. Even tho I couldnt afford every game.

I dont think its a lack of games thats a problem and cross gen dont bother me. I just dont find the games now appealing.

Mans brought the Dreamcast back out.

strobogo

Banned
MOTHERFUCKER I played like 2 hours of The Godfather, took over 10 businesses and a warehouse, plus 3 main missions, and 3 hits. Then it crashes. Just going to skip ahead to 2, then move on to Scarface. It's janky as fuck. Not quite as janky as the PS2 GTAs, but pretty janky. The PC version looks worse than the PS2 version.

We here family. I know my sister and my roaddog went through a tough time upon coming out. But like royal said love yourself and be proud of who you are. It's not gonna be easy, buT I can guarantee you that weight being lifted.....

If you wanna vent, we here family.

royalan

I'm waiting for EA to get their shit together.

Mass Effect and Mirrors Edge were the two standout games for me last gen. But they they're pussyfooting around with the sequels.

Mortemis

Banned
Man so far this PS4/XBO generation blows. About to go dig through my PS2 games.

Forreal, got a ps4 a couple weeks ago and I'm still using my 3DS more. Hell now that I'm getting back into DD I'll probably be using my ps3 more.

I think I'll be getting Diablo 3 for ps4 soon, never tried out a diablo game but might as well try something out.

I'm waiting for EA to get their shit together.

Mass Effect and Mirrors Edge were the two standout games for me last gen. But they they're pussyfooting around with the sequels.

I wanna try out Inquisition but I'm not feeling so good about it. Other than that nothing from EA anytime soon for me.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
People always say its like this every gen but last gen there was DOA4, Kameo, Gears, Condemned, Oblivion, Dead Rising, PGR3, Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark Zero for me. Even tho I couldnt afford every game.

I dont think its a lack of games thats a problem and cross gen dont bother me. I just dont find the games now appealing.

Mans brought the Dreamcast back out.

Well I think cross gen is the problem. That and multiplatform releases in general

Before console launches were full of exclusives. Like you couldn't play most of those games you listed anywhere else but those consoles.

Right now the only reason to own a PS4 is to play better looking versions of games for platforms you already own.(or worse looking versions in some cases if you have a good PC) And it looks like it's going to be that way for the foreseeable future. At least for me.

hypernima

Banned
How come?! I said before if you need some1 to talk to I am here. Dont talk about being who you are as a sin. Make me a sad a panda / brown bear

hypernemo you need a inner monologue to help your life decision.

I think it was a lapse of judgement this time around.

Wow that Bish thread went from bad to worse...

I'm about to cleanse my eyes in the waters of Lake Minnatonka .

yeah, but it got me watchin this video again like six times in a row, so it wasn't all bad. I'm just fuckin' done at the look ol dude is always shooting and when Sunita does that damn Indian move at 1:30

FKA seems so chill and down to earth in her interviews, absolutely beautiful and has a nice body but I can't get into her music to save my soul and lord knows I've tried. I should give her another try via spotify instead of her music videos.

Trey

I was just about to bring up Mass Effect, too.

I played the Citadel DLC recently after not playing a single mass effect game for the last two years. It's everything it needed to be. I'm a sucker for space operas, and the characters of Mass Effect are rather well done. For mostly these reasons am I overall satisfied with the franchise, despite the ending and general missed opportunities.

Gorillaz

What I mean is, the series is irreparably damaged and you should probably move on.

ehhh it depends

If they give it the FF treatment or something like it where it's basically an entirely different "universe" of people but some core lore in place, I think they will be alright. The space jesus story was ok at first but it just got too over the top by 3.

haven't played the citadel yet, been meaning too and might do it this week

Kraftwerk

FKA seems so chill and down to earth in her interviews, absolutely beautiful and has a nice body but I can't get into her music to save my soul and lord knows I've tried. I should give her another try via spotify instead of her music videos.

Heh, that is exactly what Im doing right now on spotify.

On the subject of EA, I want Dragon Age to be good. But man that combat isn't doing shit for me. There is no impact or flair to it at all, it does a poor job at making you feel powerful in any sense of the word.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
On the subject of EA, I want Dragon Age to be good. But man that combat isn't doing shit for me. There is no impact or flair to it at all, it does a poor job at making you feel powerful in any sense of the word.

It's an RPG I thought

royalan

FKA seems so chill and down to earth in her interviews, absolutely beautiful

Yep. She recently started dating Robert Pattinson, and she handled the [completely expected] racist Twitter backlash with the ultimate grace and poise:
gxVSpKf.png

Jguq1ly.png

sNJ8Zkl.png

uYGYcro.png

First of all...Twilight should not be that damn serious in 2014. Second, that classy response couldn't have been me...or Rihanna.

Rihanna would have dragged every last one of them...and EVERY drag would have been funny as fuck.

and has a nice body but I can't get into her music to save my soul and lord knows I've tried.

Eh, I put her in the same lane as Tinashe and Jhene Aiko -- i.e. light-skinded girls making trippy R&B that's great to #JustBlaze and/or #Fuck to, but is a little on the shallow side outside of that.

I was surprisingly impressed by her LP tho.

cyborg009

Banned
I seriously feel lost since finishing Danganronpa everyone needs to play it.

Dragon's Dogma spoiled you too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom