• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Slayven, please go in detail
iYiDOVjLBjkxu.png

Kreed

But then again if the debate is Beyoncé is not a feminist because she doesn't partake in feminist activism then a lot of people on planet earth wouldn't be one. Likewise a lot of people wouldn't be anti-racists despite acknowledging that racism is bad because they aren't engaging in "traditional" forms of activism to stop it.

That's why you don't let instagram/twitter dictate the meaning of words.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With how much more popular tattoos are these days, it's gonna be weird seeing all these senior citizen dudes and ladies with sleeves 40 years from now. Nowadays when I see an older dude with tattoos, I assume he was a complete badass in his youth. I remember one older dude having these real scratchy looking tattoos on his hand. Apparently his friend did them when he was in the Navy.

RP912

Banned
With how much more popular tattoos are these days, it's gonna be weird seeing all these senior citizen dudes and ladies with sleeves 40 years from now. Nowadays when I see an older dude with tattoos, I assume he was a complete badass in his youth. I remember one older dude having these real scratchy looking tattoos on his hand. Apparently his friend did them when he was in the Navy.

Reminds me of that Robert Williams standup where he says some shit about a Madonna tattoo turning into Mother Theresa.

RIP :(

Speaking of The Black Guy Who Tips and feminism, there was a recent episode with the ladies from the Good and Terrible podcast. So, there are three black women speaking on the podcast, all three support women's rights loudly and vocally. Only one identified as a feminist.

Speaking of The Black Guy Who Tips and feminism, there was a recent episode with the ladies from the Good and Terrible podcast. So, there are three black women speaking on the podcast, all three support women's rights loudly and vocally. Only one identified as a feminist.

Yea it's not too shocking, it has to change for the better eventually right?

Slayven

Everyone should listen to TBGWT. Justin is my ain't shit hero.

She can be startlingly callous about Trayvon Martin's family, about the help they've received, financial and otherwise, which she feels her family has been unfairly denied. It often seems as if she believes the Zimmermans have suffered equally, as if they have lost a son as well.
Fuck her and her family. If they all died in a fire I wouldn't shed one tear.

Slayven

If that GQ article is accurate, that shit is just gross. What miserable people.
You know it is. They wanted the dude to be the next John Welsh.
Fuck her and her family. If they all died in a fire I wouldn't shed one tear.
",,,but I understand."

Damn JC snook the dude's family tree. What did he do?

ReiGun

I absolutely hate it when people say that shit. "Everything happens for a reason", I don't care if I'm down and out, don't ever say that shit to me unless you want to irritate me further.
It's such a cliche that every time someone says it, my instant reaction is they're not listening.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah pretty much anyone who tries to give advice in the form of cliches sort of pisses me off

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I remember in a recent thread someone posted something along the lines of

"Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. The trick is to learn how to avoid the ones you don't like the smell of"

and I swear to god nothing on this site has made me more mad than reading this post. I wasn't even apart of the thread and had no stake in whatever they were arguing about(I don't even remember the thread) but this shit right here...

Like if someone ever said this to me in person I'd probably be going to jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom