• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
This last arc of bleach is pretty good imo. Having trouble keeping up with all the new characters though.

jWILL253

Banned
Yeah, I'm only in the 3rd part of volume 1, and it's the "here are the main characters WHILE ALL THIS SHIT HAPPENS AT ONCE" thing that happens with manga sometimes.

I like it so far, though...

Slayven

Man

Between having my angry black man moment at work, consoling a friend on the receiving end of gamergate/net asshole bullshit, and the constant influx of "fuck black lives" news this has been a rough week.

Can you be angry and black in japan?

double jump

J will thanks for opening up man. You don't know how close you hit home with some of the stuff you said. Seriously thanks.

I might be developing a midget fetish...

don't think that word is too cool in 2014

image.php

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Y'all need to get up on that Alien: Isolation.

I originally thought it would be a lot like Outlast but you can actually pick up weapons and the Alien ain't the only problem apparently, there's Android things too. I said goddamn.

akira28

Y'all need to get up on that Alien: Isolation.

I originally thought it would be a lot like Outlast but you can actually pick up weapons and the Alien ain't the only problem apparently, there's Android things too. I said goddamn.

hmm....and my new video card too? fuck socialization, I'm buying a new ssd hard drive next.

Gattsu25

Banned
Too big of a coward for first person horror games. Just watching niggas play the PT demo had me lookin over my shoulder like a mothafucka
PT was trying to murder me.

I love the first two Silent Hill games but that game is scarier than any other game I've played.

I don't know if I can manage playing through a full game in that style.

RP912

Banned
I got Civlization: Beyond Earth on preorder but that Metro Redux is taunting a dude in making a mistake and copping.

Ugh...fucking video games man :/

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I'm scared of fp horror games too but I'm gonna push myself for this. I've always loved Alien movies and what i've seen is awesome. I need to play this. Gotta show support for something as epic as this.

Now P.T? I need my soul. I ain't ready to be scared to death yet LOL

RP912

Banned
The last scary game I played in it's entirety was Doom 3 and it took me years to have the courage to beat it. I want to finish Dead Space since it was free on Origin. I'll probably finish that and Remember me this weekend.

besada

Banned
My wife laughs at me when we play horror games. I startle really easily, so when we were playing PT, I jumped about three times, and she laughed every damn time.

double jump

Please don't spoil A.I. The only thing I want to know is if there's other modes besides single player ? Been on media black out with this and the evil within.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Please don't spoil A.I. The only thing I want to know is if there's other modes besides single player ? Been on media black with this and the evil with in.

I can't tell you (for the same reasons as you. I like to go in blind). Hanging out in the OT for the game is where I'm gathering info. That's as far as I'm going in regards to spoilers.

Wait, now that I think of it, I do recall reading something about extra modes... I think there's a multiplayer.

KumaJG

Where you been bruh

Dont care that much about it tbh.

I dunno, midget sounds better than little person to me

"He's a little person"

ehhh

Dwarf just as bad make them sound straight out of a fairy tale. Don't like little person/people, shit has too many syllables.

We come up with a word that describe the group of people that suffers from dwarfism and the diseases that contributes to short peeps.

RedSwirl

Not having money in this gaming season is just terrible.

I mean, I'm extremely cautious on Dragon Age, Far Cry, and Creed anyway, but my desire for A.I., Evil Within, and Ultimax has filled that right in. But I can pretty much only make room for Smash right now.

DominoKid

so i was listening to the morning radio show here and they were talking about race and shit. these people are pretty funny but they're idiots so i knew nothing good was going to come from this.

2 of the guy hosts were trying to argue with the woman co-host about calling someone who looks Hispanic a Mexican as a blanket term.

these dudes were trying to say that if you call a person a Mexican and they react like "oh don't call me a Mexican" that it makes them a racist and they look down on Mexicans. nevermind the fact that you're out here calling everybody Mexicans w/ no regard as to what they really are.

i could tell she was looking at those guys like
bv6ye.png
cause she was dead silent while these dudes worked through their rationalization of it. i've never heard somebody try to push that argument before.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
PT was some otherworldly horseshit. Scary as whatever. I had that game on in the middle of the day, hot sun shining, neighbour kids playing outside, dog snuffling around the media room and I *still* had to take periodic breaks.

Haven't finished it yet.

RP912

Banned
Thankfully I didn't jump new gen just yet and decided to ride with the PC and vita....because this is the season where shit gets rough on broke pockets :/.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Wanted to play this, but shit looks too creepy

256px-RuleofRose.jpg

I almost got this game but I looked at some of it on YT to make sure it was a good decision. Glad I did. Game really looks rough and there was so much that was lacking with it. Hard to explain but if you ever do consider giving this game a shot, look at some gameplay first. That will make or break your decision.

KumaJG

Thankfully I didn't jump new gen just yet and decided to ride with the PC and vita....because this is the season where shit gets rough on broke pockets :/.

Gaming is only as expensive as you make it. Wait a few months and catch a sale. PC just as expensive unless you are using third-party sites or pirating.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Anyone see how to get away with murder with Viola Davis. This looks to be an excellent show i just wish the entire season was on netflix. I hope netflix gets this show and drops blacklist.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
PT was some otherworldly horseshit. Scary as whatever. I had that game on in the middle of the day, hot sun shining, neighbour kids playing outside, dog snuffling around the media room and I *still* had to take periodic breaks.

Haven't finished it yet.

I never knew the most terrifying feeling in a game could be realistic sounding thumps in the house with a light shooting through your window.

I don't like that shit.

Haven't finished it yet.

It's gotta be played at night man (or in a dark room). It's really creepy tho for sure, I had to quit a few times

Anybody here playing the new lord of the rings game? Hoooo it's batman:middle earth with a really fun enemy mechanic. Dark horse goty candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom