• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Anyone see how to get away with murder with Viola Davis. This looks to be an excellent show i just wish the entire season was on netflix. I hope netflix gets this show and drops blacklist.

It was doing way to much for it's first episode but well see how it goes. Davis was killing it tho

Gorillaz

if the main dude keeps up his silly ass reactions i'm gonna need the gif wizards to get on that.

dude's face was hilarious the whole show, when homegirl had that fight with her BF he was just looking with a mix of
Z0kqP.png
bv6ye.png
for 10 mins straight even after she shut the door on his face

Dude's hairline or lack of one is also distracting

lordmrw

I never knew the most terrifying feeling in a game could be realistic sounding thumps in the house with a light shooting through your window.

I don't like that shit.

I played through the PC version of Silent Hill 3 with headphones on so i wouldn't disturb my father. That......was not one of my better gaming decisions. There were many times I had to stop because all of the random noises and such got to be a bit much.

Wild JUHA BACH appeared...
Go ZERO SQUAD!

ZERO SQUAD used OVERCONFIDENCE!
It wasn't very effective

JUHA BACH used CONVENIENT OP SUPER MINIONS!
It was super effective

Not my comment, but a damn good summation of the latest Bleach chapter. More OP characters OPing already OP characters because POWER LEVELS or some shit.

Was going

tumblr_ncu75jpdjE1r00543o8_r2_250.gif

the entire time

Ichigo about to come in and Worf these guys after they take out the rest of the Zero Squad.

Would be some incredible bullshit. How Kubo gon let the Zero Squad get jobbed like this after biggin' them up since the very beginning of the show? Makes no damn sense.

I could've lived with them getting a good asswhooping by Yhwach. He's god-tier, we've established that.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Go ZERO SQUAD!

It wasn't very effective

It was super effective

Not my comment, but a damn good summation of the latest Bleach chapter. More OP characters OPing already OP characters because POWER LEVELS or some shit.

the entire time

As soon as the chick, whom has a team of fast ass ninjas, did something cool, she got gunned up and clapped quick. Lame as fucking hell.

ReiGun

It's gonna be hilarious when Bleach tries to convince me that Uryu should be, in any way, a credible threat to Ichigo. I remember I was fiending for that match back in the pre-Soul Society days, but now I don't know if I can suspend my disbelief for anything more than a curb stomp before Ichi fights Juha.

DominoKid

if kubo was worth a damn Uryu would be able to give Ichigo that work. and Chad could at least be Piccolo level.

I'll give this show a try since you cats are talking about it. Scandal, Grey's and Private Practice have done nothing for me.

it's still a shonda show. you probably won't like it.

there's a lot of shit that she does that i don't like. but when i was a kid i always had to watch my mom's soap recordings before i could watch DBZ so i'm used to that style of fuckery.

royalan

As with every other Shonda show, I look forward to enjoying How to Get Away With Murder for exactly one season, then cursing myself for continuing to watch the melodramatic, cheesy shit it'll turn into early season 2.

Shonda has amazing premises for shows, and she's a great writer when she's in the "got something to prove" stage. But she's just like Ryan Murphy in that she ALWAYS gives into fan wanking and over-the-top cheese. So her shows just nosedive the second they establish themselves. Murphy gets a pass though because he tends to go for show ideas with goofier premises. Shonda will do this shit with dramas and procedurals.

Scandal's first season was HBO quality. Like, House of Cards good. But then halfway through it's 2nd season it became a complete soap and didn't look back. Olivia's only purpose now is to fuck or not fuck the President, which is really sad for the character that started this new wave of strong black females we're seeing on tv right now.

Gorillaz

Yea shonda is good with proof of concept and having a good premise. But it turns into pure fuckery and fan fiction quickly. No mas...no mas

KumaJG

Driveclub got my lowkey hype. I might see my jordans that I was saving for ol cheese eyes MJ kicked the bucket for PS4 and DC. Maybe I should eat tacobell and take my chances. Decisions Decisions.

As with every other Shonda show, I look forward to enjoying How to Get Away With Murder for exactly one season, then cursing myself for continuing to watch the melodramatic, cheesy shit it'll turn into early season 2.

This.

I liked Gray's season one, when it focused more on really crazy ass surgeries that made no sense (two people getting impaled by a pole and still being alive then having to save one with some weird surgery) and less on people fucking in the hospital.

I liked half of season one of Scandal, then they started doing the same ish over and over again. Olivia and President "break up" they meet in the Oval Office she yells in his face, she cries about some emo shit about being a mistress, her life being ruined, etc. Then in the middle of the argument they do some passionate kiss...and repeat this shtick the entire fucking season repeatedly.

Private practice...I stayed away from it even though I like the red haired (Kate Walsh).

Way too much fanfiction levels of romance.

Currently watching the first episode of HTGAWM. Interesting so far.

ReiGun

Shonda has amazing premises for shows, and she's a great writer when she's in the "got something to prove" stage. But she's just like Ryan Murphy in that she ALWAYS gives into fan wanking and over-the-top cheese. So her shows just nosedive the second they establish themselves. Murphy gets a pass though because he tends to go for show ideas with goofier premises. Shonda will do this shit with dramas and procedurals.

Scandal's first season was HBO quality. Like, House of Cards good. But then halfway through it's 2nd season it became a complete soap and didn't look back. Olivia's only purpose now is to fuck or not fuck the President, which is really sad for the character that started this new wave of strong black females we're seeing on tv right now.

I agree, but I think Scandal's third season was where it turned to shit. I enjoyed the crazy rollercoaster of fuckery in season 2. Season 3, however, it was like all the show's weakness were turned up to 11 and its strengths were no where to be found.

I can appreciate that Shonda's characters are "complex and nuanced" or whatever, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they're just not entertaining anymore. Liv and Fitz got old halfway through season 2 and was completely insufferable in Season 3. I don't even know what they're doing with Quinn anymore. Huck's and Papa Pope's respective schticks old, Jake has less personality than the dump I took this morning, and in three seasons Shonda completely failed to get me to give a shit about Abby or Harrison.

Thank God for Mellie tho. She's carrying this show on her back. Her, Mama Pope, and occasionally Cyrus were the highlights last year.

Trey

Scandal was never House of Cards in any manner. Not tone, not stakes. Both are unrealistic and goofy, but House of Cards tries its damndest to "follow the rules," while Scandal embraces its foolishness and tries to dial things to 11, daring skeptics to turn away.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Scandal was never House of Cards in any manner. Not tone, not stakes. Both are unrealistic and goofy, but House of Cards tries its damndest to "follow the rules," while Scandal embraces its foolishness and tries to dial things to 11, daring skeptics to turn away.

yeah i have to agree.

Go ZERO SQUAD!

It wasn't very effective

It was super effective

Was going

the entire time
I'm about to show up and wreck shit. Done with these regular Sternitter jobbers. Science guy and childhood lovers can handle the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom