• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surpised the first episode was that good. Had an HBO feel to it.

Only because of the gay scene that lasted longer than 2 seconds. And among other things. Last night's episode's ending was quite interesting. I'm not shocked by the two being a couple, but I'm curious on what happened to get them so close in such a short span of time

Jado

Banned
Reading this was pretty harrowing...So fucked up, innocent yet gets his life completely derailed and the worst is there are probably hundreds if not thousands of people like him in the NYC penal system.

That's some crazy shit. That speedy trial loophole nonsense should be illegal. At least NYC is banning solitary confinement for youths, although that wouldn't have helped Kalief after a year at Rikers when he became an adult.
http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/getting-teenagers-solitary-rikers

I'm also mad at that Bautista scumbag who profiled him and couldn't even get his story straight. Obvious he couldn't remember shit and just felt like one of "them" must have done it and one had to pay for what they did to him.

On a lighter note, got Smash Bros downloaded and ready for later. Hoping the controls aren't as bad as some say. But I play casually so it wouldn't have stopped me from getting it. I don't see why anyone who likes this series would hold off or ignore the 3DS version! I wanted portable Smash since the Melee days. It's not an either/or situation.

Shadow of Mordor is so good.

Only because of the gay scene that lasted longer than 2 seconds. And among other things. Last night's episode's ending was quite interesting. I'm not shocked by the two being a couple, but I'm curious on what happened to get them so close in such a short span of time

He lost his virginity to her.

KumaJG

I've had Mexican. I said Spanish. As in Spain.

I would go with Indian and Greek cuisine first. To me they have distinct taste that set them apart from the other cuisine.
I love Thai soups and dessert. Sooo damn good. Coco milk chicken soup and sticky rice mangos delicis.

Pretty sure you had some form of Italian(pizza, pasta,etc ) unless you want the authentic experience. Cheap place for this is Olive Garden

strobogo

Banned
I've had Mexican. I said Spanish. As in Spain.

My bad. Now that I think about it, I've never seen an actual Spanish restaurant. Without looking it up (because I'm a lazy shit) I'd imagine it is probably pretty similar to Italian/Greek. A lot of sea food and nuts and whatnot.

besada

Banned
Shadow of Mordor is so good.

Yes it is. I dropped off a bridge to assassinate some orcs, only to discover that there were another six hiding underneath the bridge, and another five just down the road, so I wound up in a fight with fourteen at once. Finished with a single sliver of health. So good.

Trey

http://www.ozy.com/rising-stars-and...imming-his-way-to-the-fast-lane/33568.article

This is awesome. Kid beat Phelps record and is well on his way to the 2016 Olympics. Pretty good piece highlighting some positivity in youth sports, even if the article does say he is "well-spoken".

This story is the first time Tumblr annoyed me. It's cool this boy conquered Phelps' junior record, but people were passing the story along as if the kid broke Phelps' world record and people weren't talking about it just cuz he was a minority.

Few people care about sub-records in niche sports, that's why no one talks about it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Yes it is. I dropped off a bridge to assassinate some orcs, only to discover that there were another six hiding underneath the bridge, and another five just down the road, so I wound up in a fight with fourteen at once. Finished with a single sliver of health. So good.

is there any significant difference between the versions on different generations?

I pretty much love fighting like 25 orcs at once. I had a fight once with 3 captains and like 15 grunts. Shit was so much fun.

is there any significant difference between the versions on different generations?

The developers say the nemesis system is scaled back on PS3/360

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I pretty much love fighting like 25 orcs at once. I had a fight once with 3 captains and like 15 grunts. Shit was so much fun.

The developers say the nemesis system is scaled back on PS3/360

shit, man the PS4 is starting to become a thing I want.....
Thanks for the info

Mortemis

Banned
Loving Mordor. I usually take out multiple captains on my own but there's this one captain I just don't fuck with. Let the nemesis system get out of hand, I killed him before but he showed up outta nowhere to kill me. Now he's invulnerable to basically everything but arrows and explosions, and I never have enough of them to finish him. -_- Waiting to get lethal shadow strike or stalk him until he gets next to a fire.

strobogo

Banned
You know what's a fun and underrated game? The Godfather Part II. Takes a lot of often odd and needless liberties with the movie (as did the first game), but the core game play of a straighter GTA with all the shake downs and waring with families is pretty fun. Such an improvement over the original game, which wouldn't even be worth playing if it didn't have the license and involvement of many of the actors.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
These Alien Isolation reviews (positive and negative) make it seem like it's the scariest game to come out in a long time
uJH4sY5.png
. Every video I've seen have had people playing scurred as fuck.

Edit: Gaga's cool in my book. I liked her last album. >.> Not as good as the first though.

strobogo

Banned
So...Avatar....not good. Made it about half way through and was done. It's so dumb and if it looked super life like when it came out, it definitely doesn't now. It looks like a full blown Dreamworks/Pixar style movie for most of it.

Kraftwerk

So...Avatar....not good. Made it about half way through and was done. It's so dumb and if it looked super life like when it came out, it definitely doesn't now. It looks like a full blown Dreamworks/Pixar style movie for most of it.

#paging Scullibundo

I agree. It was cliche as can be. If it wasn't for the 3D and animation hype it wouldn't be even talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom