• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
avatar got pretty ballin ass battle near the end. don't think anything since has really compared tbh. could do without the goofball design of the alien species but the james cameron's action filmmaking is still on point.

One thing you can say about Cameron is that you'll see all of the budget on screen. You forgive the writing because the things that happen to them are exciting

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i am so fucking tempted to drive an hour just to taste some cookout drivethru

strobogo

Banned
One thing you can say about Cameron is that you'll see all of the budget on screen. You forgive the writing because the things that happen to them are exciting

I thought it looked really, really almost distractingly GCI at times. There are a lot of scenes that I watched in the first half that looked more CGI'd than Marvel movies.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Alien: Isolation seems to have reviewed very well! Save Polygon, IGN, and Gamespot. But otherwise, reviews are generally 9/10's (or 4/5) and the lowest outside those previous 3 mentioned was a 70/100 I believe.

Still, mostly positive feedback is beautiful! :D

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Alien: Isolation seems to have reviewed very well! Save Polygon, IGN, and Gamespot. But otherwise, reviews are generally 9/10's (or 4/5) and the lowest outside those previous 3 mentioned was a 70/100 I believe.

Still, mostly positive feedback is beautiful! :D

Yep. I can't believe this game exists in this day and age. Alien/Aliens fans have had it bad for so long. :(

She wasn't worth it anyway man don't sweat it take it one day at a time its always darkest before the dawn there's a lot of fish in the sea just be yourself when life gives you le-*explodes*

Lmfao, I wish I were talking about women.

No, that's an area where I'm just done with nonsensical games, and as such I'm just floating.

I'm just trying not to commit harikiri with 17 credits and an extracurricular.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Deadspin creates Madden-style ratings for hip-hop artists

6kiUuGK.jpg

S6at8Kv.jpg

pkown1q.jpg

Cookout is a fast food chain in NC

Cookout is good cheap food. You can get a "Tray" which is a burger, two sides and a large drink for $5.xx.

Every time I'm in town, I grab a 1/2lb cheeseburger all the way, chicken quesadilla, cajun fries and a sweet tea.

Why do I feel this new "Ebola in America" thing is encouraging people to be more "passively" xenophobic/racist?

I mean if America gets anymore passively racist, it'll loop back around and be actively racist...we're nearly there with cops executing black people for the lulz. The next step is to have a president sign off on some dubiously written bill about treatment of people of certain economic standings in the name of freedom and to keep police safe, then the floodgates will open all the way.

Jado

Banned
avatar got pretty ballin ass battle near the end. don't think anything since has really compared tbh. could do without the goofball design of the alien species but the james cameron's action filmmaking is still on point.

Are we talking about best computer effects or overall best battles? If the latter, I havent seen anything yet that tops LOTR's Battle of the Hornburg and Battle of Pelennor Fields. Even taking into account when each came out, I was probably as equally blown away by the practical and special effects of LOTR in 2001-2003. The entire Balrog reveal/fight still gives me chills.

On recent viewings, Avatar is already not holding up so well. Some computer stuff in LOTR doesn't look good anymore, but so much more still does. The Hobbit Trilogy will age horribly tho.

Kreed

Why do I feel this new "Ebola in America" thing is encouraging people to be more "passively" xenophobic/racist?

We were just joking in this topic about staying out of Africa, so you know some people are seriously thinking that in addition to keeping Africans out. I'm sure Fox news has already had a discussion on passing a bill to prevent travel to Africa/deporting Africans.

strobogo

Banned
What if Ebola is actually a plot by the Mexicans to get their immigration woes over looked while everyone is focused on Africa?

Has Fox News brought that up?

We were just joking in this topic about staying out of Africa, so you know some people are seriously thinking that in addition to keeping Africans out. I'm sure Fox news has already had a discussion on passing a bill to prevent travel to Africa/deporting Africans.

Just wait for this.

Fox female anchor: "Well here's something that might be seen as 'contriversal' but I think it's a valid question to bring up. Does Ebola travel faster through African American carriers than other Americans? And if so don't we as a people have the right to protect ourselves from this virus? Shouldn't the government be looking into this very possible situation? Will Mr. Obama wait until it's too late before saying something? Or is he scared to ask this question because he'll be seen by the black community in a negative light? I gotta say Jim, it's very worrisome."

Fox male anchor: "I agree Julie, and here's the thing. If you look at all the ebola patients in Africa, vast majority of them were black so your question DOES have some grounds. I mean just look at the statistics from the GDC. African Americans are more likely to get <insert disease that has nothing to do ebola here> than any other ethnic group in America. If they can contract that then I'm worried about them contracting ebola quicker and spreading it. And in such a case...what should be done?"

Fox male anchor 2: "I-it's maddening I tell you. If you want me to be completely honest, we should be evacuating cities and setting up major quarantine. Keep African Americans enclosed until we figure this thing out. That way they don't infect anyone else. What are your thoughts Stacey? As an African American woman?"

*camera pans to Stacey as she finally realizes how Fox really views her and realizes her entire life she's simply hated herself*

Stacey Dash: "W-well first thing is, I'm technically not African American I'm&#8212;"

Fox male anchor 2: "Maybe, maybe not, but you sure do pass for one *chuckles*"

Fox male anchor 1: *chuckles*

Fox female anchor: "I have to agree with them Stacey, maybe being mixed decreases the likelihood of contracting the virus, but would you really be willing to take that risk and expose millions of Americans? This isn't about race Stacey this is about preserving the country during a time of unrest. It's not about you or I or anyone else in particular, it's about all of us."

DY_nasty

hour and a half there and back

fucking worth it. got a double burger, hush puppies, sweet tea (i swear only ppl in the south even know what this is), and a blueberry cheesecake shake

money didn't matter to me - but the fact that it was only 8 bucks just left me with the utmost satisfaction. haven't been to one in years. goddamn they know what the fuck is up

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Just wait for this.

Fox female anchor: "Well here's something that might be seen as 'contriversal' but I think it's a valid question to bring up. Does Ebola travel faster through African American carriers than other Americans? And if so don't we as a people have the right to protect ourselves from this virus? Shouldn't the government be looking into this very possible situation? Will Mr. Obama wait until it's too late before saying something? Or is he scared to ask this question because he'll be seen by the black community in a negative light? I gotta say Jim, it's very worrisome."

Fox male anchor: "I agree Julie, and here's the thing. If you look at all the ebola patients in Africa, vast majority of them were black so your question DOES have some grounds. I mean just look at the statistics from the GDC. African Americans are more likely to get <insert disease that has nothing to do ebola here> than any other ethnic group in America. If they can contract that then I'm worried about them contracting ebola quicker and spreading it. And in such a case...what should be done?"

Fox male anchor 2: "I-it's maddening I tell you. If you want me to be completely honest, we should be evacuating cities and setting up major quarantine. Keep African Americans enclosed until we figure this thing out. That way they don't infect anyone else. What are your thoughts Stacey? As an African American woman?"

*camera pans to Stacey as she finally realizes how Fox really views her and realizes her entire life she's simply hated herself*

Stacey Dash: "W-well first thing is, I'm technically not African American I'm—"

Fox male anchor 2: "Maybe, maybe not, but you sure do pass for one *chuckles*"

Fox male anchor 1: *chuckles*

Fox female anchor: "I have to agree with them Stacey, maybe being mixed decreases the likelihood of contracting the virus, but would you really be willing to take that risk and expose millions of Americans? This isn't about race Stacey this is about preserving the country during a time of unrest. It's not about you or I or anyone else in particular, it's about all of us."
Jaysus

I'm stealing this bit wholesale and sticking it in one of my comics, Angelus. Telling you to your face like a man

strobogo

Banned
Feel like Meagan Good is in every one of those movies

and she plays the same character every time

Why are all of those movies so awful? Obviously, black people make some fucking rad art of all kinds. Yet, the "black movies" of the last 20-30 years are the worst shit. It's like they're intentionally the most stupid, stereotypical, offensive shit. Blaxploitation movies are far beyond those kind of movies. And almost all of those are offensive as fuck even for their time.

I would think movies made by black people for primarily black audiences wouldn't make so many movies where black people look awful in them.

Are we talking about best computer effects or overall best battles? If the latter, I havent seen anything yet that tops LOTR's Battle of the Hornburg and Battle of Pelennor Fields. Even taking into account when each came out, I was probably as equally blown away by the practical and special effects of LOTR in 2001-2003. The entire Balrog reveal/fight still gives me chills.

On recent viewings, Avatar is already not holding up so well. Some computer stuff in LOTR doesn't look good anymore, but so much more still does. The Hobbit Trilogy will age horribly tho.

I'm a huge lotr fanboy, would take any of those battle scenes over every action scene after it released so far. Dat music, dat spectacle

But post-avatar, nothing since has been as cool as the sky and ground assault. Avengers, xmen, edge of tomorrow etc? Nah

The raid movies tho but that's a martial arts series and maybe I'd make a case for quicksilver scene too just for overall entertainment

DY_nasty

I'm a huge lotr fanboy, would take any of those battle scenes over every action scene after it released so far. Dat music, dat spectacle

But post-avatar, nothing since has been as cool as the sky and ground assault. Avengers, xmen, edge of tomorrow etc? Nah

The raid movies tho but that's a martial arts series and maybe I'd make a case for quicksilver scene too just for overall entertainment

see, i thought that the entirety of the battle scenes in avatar were just wack top to bottom. weigh felt off, crappy shockwave effects, no fucks to give for either side (michelle rod eyeroll here)... even 300-2 had better fights imo

Jaysus

I'm stealing this bit wholesale and sticking it in one of my comics, Angelus. Telling you to your face like a man

Creative Common license sir, do with it what you will!

For all I know, you copy and pasted an actual transcript. lol

They pay me enough, I'll write for them...and cry myself to sleep every night in the arms of my conservative "hates black men, but you're okay" wife, with our two kids I can't even look in the eyes on some DY shit because they're already running around talking about how black people are lazy and look like monkeys.

I'm surprised Fox News doesn't just call him Honorable Brother-President Hussein at this point.

Well I doubt they'd use "Honorable" the denotes respect.

Do Better

Why are all of those movies so awful? Obviously, black people make some fucking rad art of all kinds. Yet, the "black movies" of the last 20-30 years are the worst shit. It's like they're intentionally the most stupid, stereotypical, offensive shit. Blaxploitation movies are far beyond those kind of movies. And almost all of those are offensive as fuck even for their time.

They use the same stereotypes and stock characters used in blaxploitation, but they play them for laughs and tone down the grittiness. They're basically blaxpoitation farces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom