• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
People who think any thing shown in a movie means the movie endorses said action.

If you walked away from ZDT thinking anything about the movie showed America in a positive light, you are willfully ignorant.

Yeah what I really took away from the movie is that both sides are shit heads in their own ways and how ridiculous humans are to be in those situations to begin with. The main torturer dude has a line telling the main character to make sure she isn't the last one with a dog collar when the over sight commission comes in. If that doesn't say, "what we're doing is fucked up and you better make sure you don't get caught when the bosses come in", then I don't know what does. I sure didn't come out of the movie thinking rah rah USA USA USA shit at all. It made me feel gross about the entire century so far.

Bears is the midwest Cowboys

I roll with the Bears cos I've been a Bulls fan.

Now football is a fuckery on either side of the Atlantic
8j4rH.png

Storm is that one black friend you reluctantly hang around because he's always saying some ignorant shit—he found on Facebook and clearly did no due diligence in researching—that embarrasses the fuck outta you. You keep him around in hopes that you'll rub off on him.

This stuff is no different or better than the stuff we call OT out for.

You're not pushing back against oppression, you're just being randomly racist. We don't get down like that.

Well thank you brother Trey, I did not know that.

I have truly seen the light and it shines brighter than EvilLore's boat shoes in direct sunlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom