• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Raven Symone officially came out on Oprah a few mins ago apparently.

I guess keyword officially? Cause everybody knew, right?

Why is it that some people you just know that they are homosexual my inclined? Like Zachary Quinto, Ellen Page. They came out and I was like, yeah I figured as much. Only time I can recall be actually surprised by a celeb orientation was Portia de Rossi.

Mesousa

Banned
I knew it!

I call him that as a sign of respect for his old age, and the FEW good things he has done in terms of outreach for the community(the million man march being one). I am not a member of the Nation of Islam though, and I most definitely would not ever be one based on personal views that differ greatly from a lot of their outlandish claims.

Slayven

Years if you've been paying attention.

Raven Symone been on that Queen Latifah, "I ain't saying nothin because it's none of your goddamn business but Y'ALL KNOW!" tip...

It is interesting that there is a whole list of black celebrities that everyone knows is gay, but no one says anything except "And? thats old news".

jWILL253

Banned
I guess keyword officially? Cause everybody knew, right?

Why is it that some people you just know that they are homosexual my inclined? Like Zachary Quinto, Ellen Page. They came out and I was like, yeah I figured as much. Only time I can recall be actually surprised by a celeb orientation was Portia de Rossi.

Years if you've been paying attention.

Raven Symone been on that Queen Latifah, "I ain't saying nothin because it's none of your goddamn business but Y'ALL KNOW!" tip...

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Shit is barely newsworthy.

On the other hand, if someone like Meagan Good or Jhene Aiko came out the closet out the blue, the world would overflood from the shocked tears of a million thirsty lightskinned dudes.

It's one thing for the world to know, it's another thing for someone to finally admit to something everyone else knew.

Subsequently apparently she does not like the terms "gay, lesbian, bisexual". She says she's a lover of humans.

So we wearing dashikis or what?

I'll pass and continue to wear my jeans and sneakers.

Mesousa

Banned
Raven's girlfriend was really pretty if I recall correctly.

Sure, send the link. I'm curious to see the reasoning behind why you're always trying to drag rap music. Sounds like an interesting topic.

I didn't know final call had posted it on their official Youtube page lol. I can post it here then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKFl-Lsnd3U

He rambles, but he speaks openly of the slaughter of black people being readied by that music. Very interesting stuff.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

On the other hand, if someone like Meagan Good or Jhene Aiko came out the closet out the blue, the world would overflood from the shocked tears of a million thirsty lightskinned dudes.

i just think its thirsty dudes in general for goode

Kreed

I call him that as a sign of respect for his old age, and the FEW good things he has done in terms of outreach for the community(the million man march being one). I am not a member of the Nation of Islam though, and I most definitely would not ever be one based on personal views that differ greatly from a lot of their outlandish claims.

Ok, I'll leave you alone. I've hit my quota on NOI discussions in this thread(s) anyway. Just be careful that you don't start calling him God's newest prophet watching those videos.

Slayven

What I heard Aiko coming out of the shower would be newsworthy.

I

I'll pass and continue to wear my jeans and sneakers.

And your arcade fire t shirts?

Slayven

I'm too frugal for such, Hanes black V-neck T shirts.

02152013b_michael_jordan.jpg

jWILL253

Banned
I'm onto Volume 4 of BLEACH. I like it so far.

Someone tell me in which Volume it all goes to shit, so I can lower my expectations...

I thought this was known for a while now?

Read.

It's one thing for the world to know, it's another thing for someone to finally admit to something everyone else knew.

Example being. Tim Cook CEO of Apple is gay and has probably been known for years. But Tim Cook himself hasn't come out.

One can argue the reason these celebrities don't come out despite the world knowing can be a myriad of reasons. They feel it's none of your/anyone's business, they fear it'll ruin their career, scared once they put a label on it themselves things will change, etc. There's some pseudo-symbolism in one coming out that you gotta respect even if it's been known for ages.

Jhene's writing is so weird

Definitely is, I still like the album. Unfortunately after hearing Tinashe's...Jhene gonna have to step it up.

royalan

I never understood the deal with Jhene, tbh. She's not very talented, her music's not good, and she's only so-so looks-wise. And it always seems like she's being propped up by the men around her. I've never gotten the impression that's she's real thirsty for it like Tinashe (who has been hustling mixtapes for what seems like decades now)

Def Tinashe>>>>>>>>>>>>Jhene

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I never understood the deal with Jhene, tbh. She's not very talented, her music's not good, and she's only so-so looks-wise. And it always seems like she's being propped up by the men around her. I've never gotten the impression that's she's real thirsty for it like Tinashe (who has been hustling mixtapes for what seems like decades now)

Def Tinashe>>>>>>>>>>>>Jhene

tinashe seems familiar for some reason.

Trey

All Hands on Deck is the Aquarius cut you decide to showpiece?

We gotta do better, breh.

Jhene looks good but Tinashe got her. I will be extremely surprised if Drake doesn't make a Feels Like Vegas remix. That song is right in his wheelhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom