• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I try watching people play videogames it just does nothing for me to watch someone else play a game. Though I like watching Let's Plays when it's like 3 guys just shooting the shit while playing (it's why I watch GB Quicklooks). But one single dude playing a game is bleh to me. It becomes infuriating when he or she is oblivious to obvious shit.

I just can't watch people play a game when it could be me playing.

However special mention to watch an iJustine playthrough of Portal 2...

Imm0rt4l

wSvoup5.gif

besada

Banned
GAF discussion most definitely took a hit in the last 1-2 years when the first 15 posts of every thread, no matter how inappropriate the subject matter, became about who could come up with the best puns the quickest. Then the next page would talk about the puns instead of the topic. Mods not cracking down on that made things go to shit in a hurry all across the b oard.

And yet, funnily enough, in the top three complaints about moderation, one of them is that we ban people for drive-by shit posts.

The other two involve us being too "in the tank" for minorities.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And yet, funnily enough, in the top three complaints about moderation, one of them is that we ban people for drive-by shit posts.

Drive-by shitposts are...wanted here? What?

Who the fuck got me for liking Blade goddammit Besada

Imm0rt4l

I'm suddenly reminded of reddit calling gaf neoniggers.

lol

strobogo

Banned

Who the fuck could possibly want MORE drive by shit posts? Except perhaps the ones who seem to do that exclusively.

besada

Banned
Who the fuck could possibly want MORE drive by shit posts? Except perhaps the ones who seem to do that exclusively.

Everyone thinks THEIR drive-by shitpost is gold! We had that "What would you change" post, and it was a bunch of people I've banned for shit posting whining about their shit posting bans. Because getting banned for shit posting in a thread with any political content is always seen by the banned as being about their opinion, rather than the fact that they dropped a shitty one liner and fled.

I'd be happy to scourge the board of that shit, but people throw fits and it requires a concerted effort by multiple moderators over an extended time to bend the curve on the stupid.

RP912

Banned
I get stage fright even thinking of creating a thread. i have the ideas but shitty execution to maintain especially with the fact that I got so much on my plate to keep up with a thread.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I get stage fright even thinking of creating a thread. i have the ideas but shitty execution to maintain especially with the fact that I got so much on my plate to keep up with a thread.

Threads are fun when you drop a bomb and leave it. which I like, rarely do, but that's when insanity takes hold. Don't fear it. Just make sure you've got something to say.

Malyse

Most threads run themselves. It's not a big deal really

*creates like three threads a day*

Threads are fun when you drop a bomb and leave it. which I like, rarely do, but that's when insanity takes hold. Don't fear it. Just make sure you've got something to say.

Or you can be completely vapid.

RP912

Banned

Sounds like a plan for a few of my ideas :p

Most threads run themselves. It's not a big deal really

*creates like three threads a day*

Yea I used to make threads in other forums and even was a mod....it's not the matter of it being a big deal but just the idea of it being closed because of various reasons.

strobogo

Banned
I like to think of most of Sunny's threads as a coordinated military strike to gather as many Al Qaeda operatives in one spot and then drop the bomb.

Or Johnny Zasa's hit on The Commission in GF3.

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/medics-respond-possible-hanging-xenia-school/nhdRD/

Christ.

On an unrelated note:

When the going gets tough just remember to Barium, Carbon, Potassium, Thorium, Astatine, Arsenic, Sulfur, Uranium, Phosphorus.

Also:

http://m.whio.com/news/news/national/classmates-find-out-teen-girl-was-actually-31-year/nfxWP/

Fluorine, uranium, carbon, potassium, bismuth, technetium, helium, sulfur, germanium, thulium, oxygen, neon, yttrium.

I try watching people play videogames it just does nothing for me to watch someone else play a game. Though I like watching Let's Plays when it's like 3 guys just shooting the shit while playing (it's why I watch GB Quicklooks). But one single dude playing a game is bleh to me. It becomes infuriating when he or she is oblivious to obvious shit.

This is why I love Achievement Hunter / Let's Play and Rooster Teeth so much. It's like 85% shooting the shit, 15% game in everything they do.

nvm the thread for the cop hitting the dude in the face with a gun was the one I was thinking about.

So much police brutality I gotta fix my hat

This.

I don't understand twitch.

Trey

To be fair, jhonni blaze probably broke his spirit. That's a built woman. Probably got him to spend a couple g's on her, too.

The 2k15 face scanner thread had me crying at work. Laugh of the month.

To be fair, jhonni blaze probably broke his spirit. That's a built woman. Probably got him to spend a couple g's on her, too.

The 2k15 face scanner thread had me crying at work. Laugh of the month.

like any major rapper doesn't spend a couple g's at the strip club.

even on a particular person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom