• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats good to know. I'm all expecting a ps3 version with higher detail on the blocks with the ps4 version.

In all fairness, I haven't played the PS3 version, so I can't really speak regarding that comparison. It may indeed be very similar. I just know it doesn't make my laptop heat up/make noise at ridiculous levels and it can be played sitting back comfortably.

akira28

I think they literally just don't know. PC gaming outside doujins and VNs almost doesn't exist in Japan. But then again this is the company that put out FFXIV.

console gaming was alive and well in Japan when we had all moved to computers after the original fall of Atari. I mean, they had the MSX which was a standard gaming machine as venerated as the Commodores and Apples over here, but somehow consoles edged out PC gaming over there.

I don't fuck with supernatural stuff. Nope. I can't play around with anything that will risk something dead coming after me.

And we all know you can't physically fight off a ghost so, nope. No thank you.

I like my house quiet, not full of spirits dancing around and shit.

You see this is why they kill black people early on in horror movies. We would go around, acting too rational and shit, screwing up everything by not involving ourselves in it

akira28

You see this is why they kill black people early on in horror movies. We would go around, acting too rational and shit, screwing up everything by not involving ourselves in it

A realistic movie, the black dude would be the one person left alive, either because they stayed down, or left as soon as shit started getting weird.

"I got work tomorrow. can't fuck around with ya'll. peace"

Anyone know some one who wont go near a Ouija board?

a dorm room full of them. and an Ouija board they watched me set on fire.
Spirit just would not say "Goodbye". Kept wanting to predict our deaths.

A realistic movie, the black dude would be the one person left alive, either because they stayed down, or left as soon as shit started getting weird.

Actually, that's kind of how Cabin in the Woods was. The most rational person there, ignoring the pothead, was Jesse Williams' character

Onemic

In all fairness, I haven't played the PS3 version, so I can't really speak regarding that comparison. It may indeed be very similar. I just know it doesn't make my laptop heat up/make noise at ridiculous levels and it can be played sitting back comfortably.

Is the vita version even coming out with MS buying Mojang?

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I think they literally just don't know. PC gaming outside doujins and VNs almost doesn't exist in Japan. But then again this is the company that put out FFXIV.

Aw jeez, no wonder then. :(

This is fact.

Lmaooo

This is also fact.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

I don't own it, but from looking online I'm pretty sure FFXIV has actual graphics options.

XIII was clearly just a cash-in

jWILL253

Banned
It's taboo to suggest that many gamers are entitled due to the context in which its said in and who is saying it, but that shit is 100% true in a lot more cases than people are willing to admit. I can see why people hang themselves with twitter all the time, because if I had an audience/viewership and received half the shit developers do, then I'd probably end up burning bridges through any medium possible.

I don't know if I'd call it entitlement. There is definitely a whole fucking lot of uneccessary vitriol on GS, but this is a rare case of publishers putting their feet in their mouths when their heads are already up their own asses.

No one thinks gaming companies should be our friends, but I do think we expect the relationship to be as less adversarial as possible. We also should expect them to be a bit more consistent with their decisions and policies. I.e, "parity" didn't become a thing until Microsoft decided to fuck up royally. Now, seemingly everybody in the gaming industry, journalists and gamers included, is supposed to feel sorry for them and bend over backwards to make sure their feelings aren't hurt over a game with low resolution?

To add to that, they are treating the community as if they don't have brains. A publisher literally came out and admitted to lowballing a port to "avoid debates" as if that would make things better. I can understand the anger on Gaming Side; I just don't understand how overboard it always goes...

I think I ran into one of those incognito GAF posters, who post to try and pimp a product. Dude joined on 6/11/14 has 8 post and all of them involve the same product. You would think you could try and hide it better.

jWILL253

Banned
I don't own it, but from looking online I'm pretty sure FFXIV has actual graphics options.

XIII was clearly just a cash-in

Yeah. I was planning on picking this up purely for the modding possibilities, but with this new info, and the fact that it's a 60 GB download, Square can once again fuck right off...

KumaJG

I know a lot of them, and they alllllllll black.

Ouija bored really is black people krytonite. I been trying get fam together to have an Ouija night for years. I get called a jackass and that look when Gena had to ask ShaNeyNey for help. One of these days I would experience the Ouija.

besada

Banned
I watched the first episode of Blackish. I'm liking it. It's funny, but even better, I like the husband/wife dynamic. They treat each other like real people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom