• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Esco threw that trailer together to move up from the small janitor closest office they gave him.

Get it however you can get it, fam.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Ot mods on that fuck shit. Real talk though while banned I was chilling on ktt and the coli and I'm thankful that GAF is a little more heavy handed cause it doesn't seem like any real discussions can take place on those two boards.

Let's see while gone
-Cop killing/beating minorities again.
-UniSoft meltdowns.
-Jaden smith wearing skirts and making bangers.
Did I miss anything ?

Kreed

Going in on bru.iserbear in particular and Xbox fans in general.

Ami always went hard with that stuff. It's just games, man.

Eh, honestly I didn't see anything wrong with the posts in question, but it's the Gaming side vs the OT side.

royalan

Sorry brehs, but:

kQAfgaO.jpg

Officially the most annoying character on TV.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Was just listening to GKMC on the drive back from class. This album really is every bit as good as it's hyped to be. Yep, definitely GOAT status. Used to be some scrub in here talking it down but I think his moms grounded him off the computer or something cus I don't see him post anymore.
She's still cute af tho...so that kind evens it out?
That just makes it worse. If she wasn't so cute it'd be easier to write her off but now it's like "ughh why you gotta be this way"

strobogo

Banned
Let me say that I'm not even out of the second chapter of the Koran and can see why the Muslim world has been such a mess for...ever, really.

RP912

Banned
Was just listening to GKMC on the drive back from class. This album really is every bit as good as it's hyped to be. Yep, definitely GOAT status.

Indeed. GKMC hit me so hard it's not even funny. I haven't fell in love with an album that strong since A Piece of Strange.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Let me say that I'm not even out of the second chapter of the Koran and can see why the Muslim world has been such a mess for...ever, really.
ACME instantly deployed can of worms right there, Stro. Personally I haven't read the Quran so I can appreciate if that is just your interpretation so far, but anecdotally I could say the same thing about the Bible.

strobogo

Banned
ACME instantly deployed can of worms right there, Stro. Personally I haven't read the Quran so I can appreciate if that is just your interpretation so far, but anecdotally I could say the same thing about the Bible.

Oh I'm sure. I mean I'm not a believer or follower in any of the books. I wouldn't even say I'm an atheist or agnostic. I don't give a shit about any of it. But after reading books about Islam, I thought I'd go to the source. And god damn if it doesn't seem to be based entirely on fear of Allah. Fear every other sentence. Fear fear fear fear fear fear. But then it says that Allah is merciful and forgiving. But it says he most definitely is not either of those to those who don't believe or question at all. So...make sure you fear him or you are boned.

Don't kill or fight unless you are attacked. Killing for any other reason other than for the glory of Allah is bad shit. Then it says to go out and kill or at least run off anyone who doesn't believe, because that is for the glory of Allah and cool as long as you fear him. Also it is cool to kill someone if they transgressed you, as long as you fear him.

Seems pretty morally confusing and at odds with each other, and in general, it seems at least 90% based on fear, without anything being said about love. I can see how centuries of being scared shitless of your god would have some negative outcomes on society.

Even something like the stuff on marriage is at odds with itself. Men take precedence. Period. But women should get what they want out of the divorce, you can't keep a wife by force, and you can't dick around with her next marriage. All while saying that women are your tilth and it is up to you to decide how you do your tilling.

Of COURSE the Muslim world is full of conflict with its neighbors and itself. The book they follow is conflicted on everything it says. "Do this, except is is okay if you don't for this reason, but make sure you fear Allah or it isn't okay, unless this or that...."

royalan

So the sweet potato thread in OT has me wondering:

Are sweet potatoes a black thing?

Because sweet potato fries were never a "trend" for me. My grandmothers have been making them homemade since I was a kid. Hell, before me. In fact, if you go in my great-grandmother's kitchen, you will see a big ass decorative bowl on her table that holds the following: lemons, onions, garlic, yams and sweet potatoes.

In fact, NOBODY in my family makes pumpkin pie for the holidays. ONLY sweet potato pie...all year 'round...because it is in every way a superior pie.

cdyhybrid

jj watt hit the shittiest naenae of all time.

but i wouldn't tell him that to his face though.

Yeah, that was pretty rough.

Dude's a top-3 player in football though, he gets a pass.

Because sweet potato fries were never a "trend" for me. My grandmothers have been making them homemade since I was a kid. Hell, before me. In fact, if you go in my great-grandmother's kitchen, you will see a big ass decorative bowl on her table that holds the following: lemons, onions, garlic, yams and sweet potatoes.

In fact, NOBODY in my family makes pumpkin pie for the holidays. ONLY sweet potato pie...all year 'round...because it is in every way a superior pie.

Native Hawaiians grew sweet potatoes.

strobogo

Banned

I don't think so. I think they are just a general Southernish food. Most of Indiana counts as Southernish and sweet potatoes and sweet potato fries have been common here for my whole life.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

I wanted to make a sweet potato vs pumpkin pie thread back in August but figured I should wait till it got closer to the holidays. Made right they both good imo.oh yeah sweet potato fries garbage though. Sweet potato feet are goat though.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

the only pie better than sweet potato is pecan

but yeah, sweet potatos have never been a fad thing for me.

royalan

LL Cool J is on Jimmy Kimmel right now. Why does he look more and more like a ninja turtle with every year that goes by?

But don't get me fucked up: the lip licking is still sexy. The nigga could STILL smash

I come from one of the whitest German families I know and my mom still uses sweet potatoes, mainly for fries. We keep some in the house because they're a decent healthy option. I'll make a spread out of them to add to PB&J from time to time.

Pumpkin pie is infinitely superior, though. I love the whole Pumpkin Spice trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom