• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

That bayonetta demo has me feeling like a rookie. Never played the first one but I got a few wood medals. Haha. Hopefully, i get better. I'll give the first game a run thru before taking on #2.

I got to the last stage on the demo and couldn't figure out if I was connecting with certain hits.

Mumei

In another installment of "Let's have a study to confirm that thing we already knew":

A new study by Pro Publica of FBI data on police-involved deaths found that black males between the ages 15 and 19 are 21 times more likely to be killed by police than their white counterparts.

[...]

Could higher rates of crime commission by black teens relative to their white peers explain that difference? Or, put differently, are black teenagers simply that much more likely than white teenagers to be involved in situations in which police violence is justified?

The data suggest that the answer is no.

strobogo

Banned
Mumei, I'm dragging you into another thread.

----

I kinda want to make a thread about institutional racism and title it "you can't be racist to white people", but I'm pretty sure I know how that ends…

One time I was looking for a lady friend in a bad part of Indy. She got super drunk at a bar and left with some stranger that none of us knew. This area was the kind where there are fewer house windows the farther down the street you go. And a dude tried to sell me crack. He was of the Huxtable persuasion. Here I am a short white dude (part Jewish) wearing pumas, a track jacket, and cargo shorts looking for my friend. And he said to me, "This probably isn't a good area for you to be in." It was SO RACIST. Why can't I be in the "ghetto"? Am I not hip enough? Guys. I was dehumanized by his "help" and "thoughtfulness" to make me leave the area by "warning" me of danger for a pale skinned warrior.

royalan

Can't blame anyone on that thought. On Breakfast club, Tinashe talked about how she had complete creative control for this album. She needs someone to pick her beats for her, I swear most artists regardless of genre are horrible at beat selection. Shit, Rick Ross could really make that a side hustle...picking beats for people. Dude's ear for beats is fucking ridiculous!

Well the thing is Aquarius is actually doing really well critically. It's currently sitting at 80 on metacritic, which is damn good for a pretty, light-skinned R&B girl with crossover appeal that's NOT named Beyoncé.

I'm not surprised the sales are low. Tinashe's profile is too low right now, it's to be expected. But homegurl just went and put out one of the best R&B albums since Ashanti's debut album, and people are hyping her up because of it. So I can the album having longevity as more people learn about it.

tinashe needs to make a whole tape with ryan hemsworth. one for me is her best song by landslide.

but to be a success...i dunno. she's got it but she just didn't pop with this. maybe her next album.

harSon

Banned
That feel when your boss tells you at 4:30pm that you have to give a presentation at EBay tomorrow morning at 9:30am for a grant.

Fuck this guy. Dude sat on this for like 2 weeks claiming that "he's got it".

True words. People can say whatever about the ducktails, but his selection for instrumentation is never off.

If only Nas would come to the light. To busy giving Salaam Remi money for beats he'd never would have given to Amy Winehouse. Da gawd outchea letting random dopplegangers (droog) fool people into thinking Nas actually picked good beats without Ross. *facepalms*

U buggin, Life is Good had a pretty good beat selection., best since God's Son imo. Between those albums tho... Ehh

akira28

My momma's pineapple upside-down cake will make you fight your momma for a pan of it.

That feel when your boss tells you at 4:30pm that you have to give a presentation at EBay tomorrow morning at 9:30am for a grant.

Fuck this guy. Dude sat on this for like 2 weeks claiming that "he's got it".

We got a call from the Obama office for some last minute shit. They're like "can you complete this by Sunday morning?" I'm like 'nigga who else do you know works on the weekends?' But it's for the president, so, we'll try. I'll actually be checking my work email tomorrow.

Malyse

My momma's pineapple upside-down cake will make you fight your momma for a pan of it.

We got a call from the Obama office for some last minute shit. They're like "can you complete this by Sunday?" I'm like nigga who else do you know works on the weekends? But it's for the president, so, we'll try. I'll actually be checking my work email tomorrow.

My pineapple upside down cake will convert you to me-isim.

----

You have a better job than me too.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
U buggin, Life is Good had a pretty good beat selection., best since God's Son imo. Between those albums tho... Ehh

Life is Good had some okay beat selection, but it's nowhere near as good as if it could have been, if he'd let other producers give him beats. People would probably give him free shit, off the strength of him being Nas.

Exactly at the bolded. He's one of the most guilty of can't-pick-a-beat-worth-shit-itis. Every song he's done with Ross has been amazing, due to Rozay's ear.

ReiGun

Input lag wrecks my shit in Smash more than the people I'm playing against. It's not too bad, but there's always that one or two second delay when I'm going for a counter or airdodge that ends with my losing a stock.

I'd also like to retract my previous "Fuck Little Mac" statement. He's not so bad once you've played him a couple times, especially since most Macs are totally brain dead. Palutena and Rosalina can fuck off though. Bowser Jr and Koopa Kids too.

Malyse

Input lag wrecks my shit in Smash more than the people I'm playing against. It's not too bad, but there's always that one or two second delay when I'm going for a counter or airdodge that ends with my losing a stock.

I'd also like to retract my previous "Fuck Little Mac" statement. He's not so bad once you've played him a couple times, especially since most Macs are totally brain dead. Palutena and Rosalina can fuck off though. Bowser Jr and Koopa Kids too.

I don't play n games online because of it. They almost always are about precise controls and lag will totes fuck you up.

Silky

Banned

Gotta get that Pac-Man, dawg

chuck a key in a nigga's face

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

the stuttering fucks my shit up. then i end up offing myself afterward.

Most Mac's are simple as fuck to get around if they do the whole charge thing. Fighting them with counter characters is fun.

ReiGun

Gotta get that Pac-Man, dawg

chuck a key in a nigga's face
Pac is one of the like 9 or so characters i keep saying I'm going to try. I'm having too much fun with my regulars tho: Peach, WFT, Lucario, and Lucina. I also picked up Shulk and I'm trying to relearn Sonic.

huehuehuehue
This ain't the way, Beef.

the stuttering fucks my shit up. then i end up offing myself afterward.
Nothing like being in the air, thinking you're about to sail smooth past a Palutena up smash, and watching your dodge not come out.

Most Mac's are simple as fuck to get around if they do the whole charge thing. Fighting them with counter characters is fun.
That feeling when they Smash right into Lucario's counter and lose a stock because of it...

sogood.gif

Mortemis

Banned
I was playing with little Mac for a while but now I'm going back to old favs and others. Been maining captain falcon, samus, lucina, and zss. Been trying to learn duck hunt dog but having little luck with that, and getting better with Zelda too.

Kreed

Had to do a favor for a friend today and pick up a new car battery from a Benz dealership. Got mistaken for Mercedes Staff by three different customers. One dude even stopped his car right in front of me as I was walking out the place, keys in hand trying to give me valet instructions.

RGt54.png

Malyse

Had to do a favor for a friend today and pick up a new car battery from a Benz dealership. Got mistaken for Mercedes Staff by three different customers. One dude even stopped his car right in front of me as I was walking out the place, keys in hand trying to give me valet instructions.

RGt54.png

Should have taken his offered gift.

akira28

RGt54.png

Next time that happens, take the keys, start the car, pull up to the guy and say "I'm not a valet, by the way." Drive off.

park the car around the block and lock the keys inside.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
uGbHzRH.png
@ Mockingbird. This is from the same dude that made, "The Strangers." Might be the WOAT ending. At least the other movie with the same ending had the supernatural element that worked with the plot.

Wtf is up with people. Was telling my friend the story of that crazy guy from Tuesday. And his little brother started to spew the same bullshite on Obama and telling me I should watch the news to get informed

Silky

Banned
I play Time solely to troll motherfuckers fighting each other in 4P For Glory.

Yeah, y'all keep hounding each other. Just gonna sit at this corner with my fruit, building your damage up then BOOM. Side smash > Hydrant > +3 points

Sabrewulf

Banned
Hello. Actually surprised to see one of these threads.

Where you're from- Venezuela. Lived there for only a year, then Immediately moved to the US with my grandmother.
Where you live- United States
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Afro-Venezuelan
Do you know your roots- So-so. Once I finish with university I want to learn a bit more about myself before pursuing my career.
Your Age- 23
Favorite musical genre- Hip-Hop/Rap, J-Rap, Ska, Reggae, Speed Punk
Your profession/major/career interest- Biology
Your religious affiliation- No comment.
Hobbies- Gaming, of course. Fighting game and RTS lover. Along with a bit of anime. I raise two dogs, one husky the other beagle (GF owns a Daschund. :L)

I hope I can stick around long enough to post. University has me swamped. :l

strobogo

Banned
I remember seeing the trailer for All You Need Is Kill and thinking that was the dumbest name for a movie I had ever heard. I didn't realize EoT was the same movie until I was half way through it in a movie theater and remembered some of the shots. I thought they were 2 unrelated sci-fi Cruise Missile movies. Wtf wrong thread.

Where you're from- Venezuela. Lived there for only a year, then Immediately moved to the US with my grandmother.
Do you know your roots- So-so. Once I finish with university I want to learn a bit more about myself before pursuing my career.
Your Age- 23
Hobbies- Gaming, of course. Fighting game and RTS lover. Along with a bit of anime. I raise two dogs, one husky the other beagle (GF owns a Daschund. :L)

You better hope GAF lets you stay around long enough, It'll swamp you.

Silky

Banned

Your Age- 23

Welcome, sport.

Popeye's or KFC?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Your Age- 23

Welcome! Awesome breeds of dogs and taste in gaming. Educate yourself first, you don't have to keep up with every post in here, just check in when you can. 50% of posts are just shooting the shit / game of the month talk (has been destiny lately, might have moved to smash) / pure fuckery (Kuma, Slay, jandro, JC).

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Well I guess I'm a horrible person finally. Maybe I can find a place in hell or something. Went on a date tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom