• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
pure, unadulterated fuckery (wshh warning)

iEt61mZroWElR.gif

did not expect that level of fuckery

RP912

Banned
They had me until I saw the oodies and noodles :/

Dudes smiling over honey buns and ramen on some dad came through with the groceries type of shit.

RP912

Banned
man that "It's Dark and Hell is Hot" tho...

People kill me with the whole DMX on crack herr derr stuff but forget he's one of the best to do it. He made that grimey hip hop cool again while rappers were trying to wear pink suits and smoke stogies.

It pains me to see dude so jacked up now because he has so much potential to do major things beyond hip hop.

man that "It's Dark and Hell is Hot" tho...

People kill me with the whole DMX on crack herr derr stuff but forget he's one of the best to do it. He made that grimey hip hop cool again while rappers were trying to wear pink suits and smoke stogies.

It pains me to see dude so jacked up now because he has so much potential to do major things beyond hip hop.

This is true.

How does sexual purity exert power over consenting adults when applied to both sexes?

Well you had people basically narcing on other people for doing things other than missionary. The powers that be all up in people's shit. It was definitely a form of control over subjects and your fellow neighbors if they were convinced you were up to shit and just wanted to give you trouble. If people are busy gossiping about each other and trying to throw each other under the bus under rigid rules, then they're less likely to come together and question the rules or the rulers.

Many religious people are brought into churches from birth/before even entering a school. For those people it's not a choice they decided to make one day, it's part of their cultural traditions and overall family acceptance. It's not hard to make that leap when your parents have made it for you.

it's always a choice, i was brought into it all the same and that never factored into my choice. I was a kid (6) and couldn't be left alone so was still taken to church but didn't mean i had to keep listening to what they spewed at me. Then i was old enough (13) and they didn't need somewhere to put me while they imbibe

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=911075

How on earth could ANYBODY think this thread was going to last long?

My only regret is that it was closed before I could flood it with dudes getting their asses slapped...because that would have been totally accepted, right?

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=911075

This could of been the GOAT thread......Le Sigh

That shit was DOA the second he pressed "post".

I have no words. That was fantastically horrible.

So I just hit 90 on i-20 after drinking a Cocaine. All the whole listening to Yukio Yamagata singing the Gaoranger theme song. I feel like I just drank the blood of my enemies while the populace sang praises to me as held the decapitated head of a lesser deity in my hands.

Im feeling amazing.

it's always a choice, i was brought into it all the same and that never factored into my choice. I was a kid (6) and couldn't be left alone so was still taken to church but didn't mean i had to keep listening to what they spewed at me. Then i was old enough (13) and they didn't need somewhere to put me while they imbibe

I think distilling everything down into choices is consistently ignoring the power of socialization. Just because you were able to shrug it off doesn't mean it applies universally. In fact the evidence, that many of your peers in fact do not just let it go, especially as early as you did, means you're in fact the exception not the rule. The reason it's less hard to shrug it off now is education but many people get into a rhythm with these things or get attracted to the idea of "community" which, by the way, is one of the few things the Church still manages to have that can't be found elsewhere.

Slayven

That shit was DOA the second he pressed "post".

I have no words. That was fantastically horrible.

So I just hit 90 on i-20 after drinking a Cocaine. All the whole listening to Yukio Yamagata singing the Gaoranger theme song. I feel like I just drank the blood of my enemies while the populace sang praises to me as held the decapitated head of a lesser deity in my hands.

Im feeling amazing.
Yukio Yamagata aka the Asian James Brown?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBIink7ecD0

I think distilling everything down into choices is consistently ignoring the power of socialization. Just because you were able to shrug it off doesn't mean it applies universally. In fact the evidence, that many of your peers in fact do not just let it go, especially as early as you did, means you're in fact the exception not the rule. The reason it's less hard to shrug it off now is education but many people get into a rhythm with these things or get attracted to the idea of "community" which, by the way, is one of the few things the Church still manages to have that can't be found elsewhere.

i'm not saying it applies to everyone other then it being a choice even when it's forced upon you. See all the other stuff in life people play along with until they make another choice to not do that.
Anyway, it'll continue to be a mystery why people do it, just like smoking, but i'll keep randomly asking like always

man version 39.0.2171.13 of Chrome is buggy as fuck, crashing left and right for me

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You better not post that in OT, folks might lose their minds. And that would be bad, very very bad. Terrible even.

Yeah, it would be bad. Very bad.

It would be a bad idea to make that thread. A very bad idea to make that thread. Awful, even.

Nobody should make that thread.

Whatever you do, don't make that thread.

i7WtH29NIZ2t2.gif

Malyse

This gamergate bullshit is depressing. People are holding mental Winter Olympics to try and say it's anything other than ignorant bullshit and harassment.

Gamergate makes me hate gamers. Also, this is the part where I say all fandoms can unilaterally fuck off. Otaku can fuck off. Gamers can fuck off. Comic nerds can fuck off. Bronies can fuck off. Whovians can fuck off. Homestuckers can fuck off. Anything that you are so attached to that it defines you gets a fuck off. Fuck your fandom.

How about this instead?
http://www.vox.com/2014/9/6/6111065/gamergate-explained-everybody-fighting

Gamergate makes me hate gamers. Also, this is the part where I say all fandoms can unilaterally fuck off. Otaku can fuck off. Gamers can fuck off. Comic nerds can fuck off. Bronies can fuck off. Whovians can fuck off. Homestuckers can fuck off. Anything that you are so attached to that it defines you gets a fuck off. Fuck your fandom.

How about this instead?
http://www.vox.com/2014/9/6/6111065/gamergate-explained-everybody-fighting

You may need to take a breath

G-Fex

stream monsters with seemingly 10 alts really fucking bringing me down today on a otherwise great cast. I'm used to being trolled by haters on here but fuck man, now I don't feel like casting anymore in the future.

I agree with dreamdrop, fandoms can fuck right off.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Fandoms are generally very fun to be a part of DreamDrop. Don't let the vocal trolls and dumbasses deter you. Fandoms can be very productive and positive experiences, they typically are for most people, myself included.

strobogo

Banned
stream monsters with seemingly 10 alts really fucking bringing me down today on a otherwise great cast. I'm used to being trolled by haters on here but fuck man, now I don't feel like casting anymore in the future.

1XWgm2X.gif

Chill, brah

Is this real cause this sounds a lot like the tea party for gamers

That really is a succinct way to put it. Their main tactics are harassment and terror, they're against diversity of any kind, and they have right-wing spokesmen, most notably Adam Baldwin

Idk I do think people think it's a about game journalism and payments to them but you're just in with a bunch of confusion

The problem with this is while proponents claim that it's about journalism and ethics, their targets are exclusively women, most of whom are devs or academics, not journalists, and they resort to the highly unethical tactics of falsifying dcouments/tweets/emails etc. and harassment. Anyone with sense who might actually care about journalism and ethics has distanced themselves from the movement, and anyone still attached is fully responsible for being associated with what it stands for.

G-Fex

Fandoms are generally very fun to be a part of DreamDrop. Don't let the vocal trolls and dumbasses deter you. Fandoms can be very productive and positive experiences, they typically are for most people, myself included.

Honestly, they do more bad than good. Could be my outlook but w/e.

Goddamn, pulled a post 9/11 Frank miller, fuck your flags

9-11-01.jpg

9-11-02.jpg

you were streaming? Should have gave me a heads-up, I could came in there and made fun of you in the stream chat, like the good ol days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom