• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way I wish I had more free time to stream since it's pretty fun. Got done streaming DKC2 earlier today, and even though I only had 4 people watching it was still great.

G-Fex

you were streaming? Should have gave me a heads-up, I could came in there and made fun of you in the stream chat, like the good ol days

Yeah make fun all you want, I beat Longdays.wad today. Hold that L JC :)

its the hardcores that give the groups a black eye

True.

You know it's times I really wish I never browsed through tumblr out of morbid curiousity, it made me see the real horrible want to bleach my eyes part of fandoms.

To the point I never ever really want to ever fucking see certain tv shows or stuff.

Malyse

Fandoms are generally very fun to be a part of DreamDrop. Don't let the vocal trolls and dumbasses deter you. Fandoms can be very productive and positive experiences, they typically are for most people, myself included.

There's a difference between being a fan and being in the fandom. I'm a fan of a ton of things. For example, let's use the gaming fandom. I'm not a gamer. I like games, but liking games doesn't define me. I like movies as much as games, as much as comics, as much as a number of entertainment mediums. Personally, by including yourself in fandom, you're tacitly accepting the worst parts of that fandom. So I categorically reject being included in any fandom.

I think the negatives far out way the positives.

G-Fex

Depends on the fandom. The ones I'm part of are pretty tame. Only one that isn't is the RE fandom and I'm very much ready to abandon it altogether. Too stressful.

Resident Evil Fandom? Could've told you that! They're horrible.

Man, the Resident Evil community I was on twitch with was ok for a while but , still pretty bad.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
There's a difference between being a fan and being in the fandom. I'm a fan of a ton of things. For example, let's use the gaming fandom. I'm not a gamer. I like games, but liking games doesn't define me. I like movies as much as games, as much as comics, as much as a number of entertainment mediums. Personally, by including yourself in fandom, you're tacitly accepting the worst parts of that fandom. So I categorically reject being included in any fandom.

I think the negatives far out way the positives.

you can be all that and not have it define you. i read comics, have been for long as i remember, but i dont define myself by the fandom. i am because i enjoy doing it. fuck what everyone else thinks

Kreed

it's always a choice, i was brought into it all the same and that never factored into my choice. I was a kid (6) and couldn't be left alone so was still taken to church but didn't mean i had to keep listening to what they spewed at me. Then i was old enough (13) and they didn't need somewhere to put me while they imbibe

It's always a choice, but your scenario is still different from what I'm talking about and you clearly had a lot more freedom than most people in religious households have. For many kids staying at home isn't an option as long as you are living under your parents roof, the same as not going to school. While one is illegal and the other isn't (in the US anyway), parents would still intervene with your "choice" and get you back in the church. Then there's also friends and other relatives who would pressure you to go, in addition to fellow members of any church programs you were involved in (Jr. Ushers, Bible Class, Kids Choir, Private Church School, etc...).

And that's if you get into this thought process. With that type of community surrounding you at all times, most people just go with the flow/just fit in and don't think that much about it until they are much older, if that.

First we got NuBlack because we don't want to associate ourselves with all the negative qualities of niggas, now we got NuFans because we don't want to associate ourselves with all the negative qualities of fanboys.

whats next...I'm that NuHuman, don't call me human, humans are awful and racist and sexist and stupid, etc. Think about how dumb the average person is; now think about half of them being dumber than that

Order

Gamergate makes me hate gamers. Also, this is the part where I say all fandoms can unilaterally fuck off. Otaku can fuck off. Gamers can fuck off. Comic nerds can fuck off. Bronies can fuck off. Whovians can fuck off. Homestuckers can fuck off. Anything that you are so attached to that it defines you gets a fuck off. Fuck your fandom.

FUCK BILL O' REILLY

my bad i got caught up in the moment

G-Fex

group of gamers who hate women and/or minorities start harassment campaign under the banner of #ethics and #journalism-directed mostly at female devs and academics. also slurping up Adam Baldwin

So it's a bunch of moronic trolls, that constitutes a ...gate?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
group of gamers who hate women and/or minorities start harassment campaign under the banner of #ethics and #journalism-directed mostly at female devs and academics. also slurping up Adam Baldwin

Basically it's the MRA but for self defined gamers

Yukio Yamagata aka the Asian James Brown?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBIink7ecD0

You. God. Damn. Right. Sir.

Him singing that shit live, makes me wanna slap the living fuck out of something more powerful then i. This is the song that gets me crunk as fuck. That, Til I Collapse, Climax Jump, Vice Versa, and http://youtu.be/ECSwaBiqX7o
That.

Real talk I felt like Deng Feng in full on Musou mode wearing lvl 5 gauntlets fighting the Yellow Turban Rebellion after grinding for 99 hours.

Silky

Banned
These GG people are so desperate for acceptance theyre sucking dick for bad journo appreciation. Got this cat named Nero--racist/misogynist-- out there 'investigating' the corruption

When you notice the same people that mock/Insult suicide threats are supporting this trash because some chick fucked a dude or had a kickstarter then you know this shit is meaningless.

Malyse

These GG people are so desperate for acceptance theyre sucking dick for bad journo appreciation. Got this cat named Nero--racist/misogynist-- out there 'investigating' the corruption

When you notice the same people that mock/Insult suicide threats are supporting this trash because some chick fucked a dude or had a kickstarter then you know this shit is meaningless.

It's also made claiming gaming as a hobby toxic. I mean when you got Joss Whedon basically saying shut the fuck up in as many words, that ain't doing you no favors.

Silky

Banned
People still going on about that girl's sex life? Ugh, people need to start killing themselves.

Butbut muh ethics!

Stahp generalizing, IM a girl and IM not an asshole! Btw did we mention that all SJWs are ruining games?!?!?

These motherfuckers made a symbol of their perfect woman to tout as a sign of their inclusive tendencies. Foul.

G-Fex

Is twitch fucking up for anyone else? trying to catch The Fall Classic

"trolls' is a little light when they're sending death/rape threats to people and their SOs and kids, but yeah bascially

Ok, douchebags that should be in trouble for making threats.

They thought it was a juicy fuck for coverage/reviews journalistic ethical thing. It was quickly disproven but mouthbreathers tried to finish the fight.

LOL.

What a joke.

So that explains the tweets someone linked in a twitch channel talking about it. I looked at the tweets and well..

well once you seen stream monsters like the ones threatening/insulting me today, you've seen all the stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom