• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
Nope. But he has a massive twitter presence and is influential. So when someone like that calls you out…

Thays why theyre rallying behind Adam Baldwin lmao cause hes noteworthy.

Hope he wakes up and sees that hes spearheading a hate campaign with a bunch of other racists

Malyse

Hope he wakes up and sees that hes spearheading a hate campaign with a bunch of other racists

Umm. You haven't seen Baldwin's other tweets, huh? SPOILER: he ain't shit.

Dammit autocorrect. How the fuck do you turn his into ghost? Are you haunted iPhone? Are you?!

Nope. But he has a massive twitter presence and is influential. So when someone like that calls you out…

wouldn't use these as qualifiers...

anything can be bad if taken to extremes. as someone who now makes games in addition to enjoying them I have a responsibility to slap down gaters whenever they pop up and make it known this shit is not tolerated. People like Leigh Alexander who've been targeted most have also been gaming longer than some of these slugs have been sentient. She also wrote a scathing piece that was on point about how fucked up some gamers are, and of course the ones whose nerves were struck started howling.

Baldwin has been about that life for a long time. Watch Independence Day closely and see how he looks at Will and Jeff...

Malyse

Apropos of absolutely nothing, meet Teala Hart.

teala_3d_model_by_mahoukokorohime-d7ygqqn.png

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

it would mean more if it were kamiya, miyamoto, carmack or someone influential that has something to do with gaming. im sure many of those dudes arent really concerned with what whedon thinks.

jWILL253

Banned
Everybody wants to disassociate themselves from a group of people on some "Don't box me in with those assholes, I'm ME" shit. But that's the same shit we rag White people on within the topic of racism. You don't just get to remove yourself from shit when shit gets real.

I'm a gamer, I'm Black, I'm a Hip-Hop nerd, all that shit. All those terms partially define who I am as a person, but not completely. Yet, it is entirely possible to be all of those things, and still have individual disagreements, concerns, and anger about certain aspects of those communities without disassociating myself from them.

Also, if you call yourself NuBlack, I'ma assume you're a fuckboy. All that term says to me is "I want to act like a complete weirdo fuckboy without getting dehumanizing stares from other niggas, and be accepted by White people for my fuckboyness. I also want to be able to say dumb, nonsensical bullshit to and about my race without being ostracized by my own community."

Malyse

wouldn't use these as qualifiers...

anything can be bad if taken to extremes. as someone who now makes games in addition to enjoying them I have a responsibility to slap down gaters whenever they pop up and make it known this shit is not tolerated. People like Leigh Alexander who've been targeted most have also been gaming longer than some of these slugs have been sentient. She also wrote a scathing piece that was on point about how fucked up some gamers are, and of course the ones whose nerves were struck started howling.

Baldwin has been about that life for a long time. Watch Independence Day closely and see how he looks at Will and Jeff...

it would mean more if it were kamiya, miyamoto, carmack or someone influential that has something to do with gaming. im sure many of those dudes arent really concerned with what whedon thinks.

Solely referring to his ability to influence the mainstream, not gamers.

Slayven

he was on chuck after. but that show seems to have tanked everyones career with it

They keep that shita round but kept slashing the budget. Everyone should have dipped on the third season.

The whole gamergate thing was started because some nerds were worried about who was fucking who.

Parallax

thats like saying rihanna came out against GG. its great that shes against it, but if you want to change the minds of the bigoted, then your gonna need someone that they respect to come out and tell them to knock that whack shit off.

This gamergate nonsense is the most nonsensical shit I've ever been witness to. Only thing this stupid "movement" has shown/proven is that many gamers are fucking sexually inept idiots living in their parents shoe closet.

I'm saying having a massive twitter presence and being influential don't automatically equal valid opinions, because Adam Baldwin has the same things. And these people are quick to turn on anyone who strays from the script.

The problem with gaming on both the industry and player side is that when problems arise, they are allowed to remain problems instead of being shutdown. I actually think the industry side is demonstrably worse about it because of the focus on the bottom line. Most of the anti-GG push is from average people with common sense. I've got my personal twitter that still says where I work and thankfully my boss has no problems with me being vocally anti-fuckery, and a lot of industry people are trying to do their part but until big names step up and unequivocally condemn bullshit, it'll be rough

Mortemis

Banned
Man, it feels like dudes moved on from little Mac and now on that captain falcon high. Played most of today and had tons of matches filled with him.

It's always a choice, but your scenario is still different from what I'm talking about and you clearly had a lot more freedom than most people in religious households have. For many kids staying at home isn't an option as long as you are living under your parents roof, the same as not going to school. While one is illegal and the other isn't (in the US anyway), parents would still intervene with your "choice" and get you back in the church. Then there's also friends and other relatives who would pressure you to go, in addition to fellow members of any church programs you were involved in (Jr. Ushers, Bible Class, Kids Choir, Private Church School, etc...).

And that's if you get into this thought process. With that type of community surrounding you at all times, most people just go with the flow/just fit in and don't think that much about it until they are much older, if that.

eh even if they made me go past that age i wouldn't have cared other than just being stuck in the same place over and over but i was already doing that with school so you deal with it. the church programs i sat in them and did nothing. I fit in, when i bothered to talk to those people as I was rarely talking about anything they repeated verbatim week after week. With knowledge they couldn't actually force me to do anything, and i didn't disrupt them so it was all win win. Then i got a CD player fuck yea!

I'm not saying that everyone has to do what I did. Just that is what I did

G-Fex

I'm not sure I can think of a portion of a community that would do stupid shit like GG. Coming out in so many numbers to display their moronic true colors.

Not sure at all.

Parallax

I'm not sure I can think of a portion of a community that would do stupid shit like GG. Coming out in so many numbers to display their moronic true colors.

Not sure at all.

many fandoms have an....element to them. supernatural is one. sending death threats to the wives of the main dudes because they belong together is crazy as hell too.

I don't think there is another group that actively antagonizes the people who make what they're consuming

comics.

akira28

Not sure at all.

redpill and mens rights advocates are of the same ilk. Hell, they essentially spawned GG.

G-Fex

many fandoms have an....element to them. supernatural is one. sending death threats to the wives of the main dudes because they belong together is crazy as hell too.

I can't think honestly of other fandoms that'd do death threats. Jealous pop fans? But I guess nothing will surprise me how people take so many things to extremes -_-

redpill and mens rights advocates are of the same ilk. Hell, they essentially spawned GG.

Oh right that.

Shit I guess I forgot reddit. 4CH and etc.

They've done a lot of bad more than good.

Mortemis

Banned
I tried using Mac and I stunk up the joint. He ain't for me, I'll stick with my boy Ike.

Mac is aight for 4 man smash, but I've been on a roll with ZSS when it comes to that, can't win shit with her in one on one tho. I've been trying to get better with toon link, I have much better luck in one on one with him.

I really need to try out Ike.

Magical girls can be black. I've been trying to put you people on this book.

But ya'll ain't havin that. Like I just showed you mofos some kryptonite.

Frankly, all those groups are the same thing until someone convinces me otherwise.

Racist, sexist petulant man-children.

Pretty much how I view it all. And I have yet to see anything that runs counter to said summarization.

Silky

Banned
DreamDrop them designs are awesome. The first and third one. <3

For Smash, im sticking with Diddy, Pac, Falco (I REALLY like Smash 4 Falco) and probably Shulk.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Magical girls can be black. I've been trying to put you people on this book.

But ya'll ain't havin that. Like I just showed you mofos some kryptonite.

Pretty much how I view it all. And I have yet to see anything that runs counter to said summarization.

I love that artwork. Anyway to find it without the text?

Trey

That's a L

Indeed. Let my loss be a learning experience, folks: no matter how bad your girl is - no matter how sure she'll bust it wide open for you and make your weekend - you're probably far better off masturbating and crying into a pillow than going to see that train wreck of a movie.

I love that artwork. Anyway to find it without the text?

Unfortunately not. You'd have to edit it out yourself.

Mexican, actually.

OH! and the Middle girl (Eshelia) is Japanese-Chinese. I know she's pale, but she's not white

None of my characters are.

You say Mexican, I say Cocaine Lorraine. :eek:

Dream Drop, have you ever thought about getting into manga or animation as a career?

I'd imagine it'd be quite hard for him to become a mangaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom