• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Dream Drop, have you ever thought about getting into manga or animation as a career?

I wanna make a game.

That's what all this is from, the game I want to make. Teala is a magical girl....

Actually, does anyone care? Because it's a bit to type up, but I don't wanna waste time if no one cares.

Get your kickstarter started

I'm so far from that, it's not even funny. Plus, I'm a nobody. ^^;

jWILL253

Banned
I wanna make a game.

That's what all this is from, the game I want to make. Teala is a magical girl....

Actually, does anyone care? Because it's a bit to type up, but I don't wanna waste time if no one cares.

I care.

Hell, I'll be a writer for your game, if you need one...

Silky

Banned
I wanna make a game.

Like the game pitch? Just shoot a PM or something.

If I were better in the artist dept. Id get to work on that adventure game I wanted to make

--

This nigga Rick just bit a dudes neck and tore a chunk out of him wtf

hypernima

Banned
I got involved in a GamerGate/feminism in gaming convo in a twitch chat once, big mistake.

They pretty much claimed there's nothing sexualized about Lara Croft because the game makes 0 mention of it and that pointing out that her design is sexualized is what the media wants you to think, and that the limits of the playstation is why she wear shorts.

It was one of the strongest arguments I encountered on the internet, I had to admit that femfreq brainwashed me and immediately bowed out of the discussion.

I wanna make a game.

I'm so far from that, it's not even funny. Plus, I'm a nobody. ^^;

If you ever need artists, lmk.
I could stand to eat.

Malyse

You say Mexican, I say Cocaine Lorraine. :eek:

Nope. This is her ideal VA.

Incidentally, Teala would ideally be Jessica Williams.

So basically you're the textbook definition of a kickstarter...

I need to finish the design concept. And the character profiles. And a dozen other things.

----

Aside from all that, do yall want to see some of the other stuff I've done on the project?

I mean, I have tons of stuff that is done already.

Silky

Banned
I got involved in a GamerGate/feminism in gaming convo in a twitch chat once, big mistake.

They pretty much claimed there's nothing sexualized about Lara Croft because the game makes 0 mention of it and that pointing out that her design is sexualized is what the media wants you to think, and that the limits of the playstation is why she wear shorts.

It was one of the strongest arguments I encountered on the internet, I had to admit that femfreq brainwashed me and immediately bowed out of the discussion.

I've never considered Lara's design to be oversexualized tbh.

I need to finish the design concept. And the character profiles. And a dozen other things.

----

Aside from all that, do yall want to see some of the other stuff I've done on the project?

Run it (via PM for security)

There was a gaming side thread a while ago where people were just giving away their game ideas, and you better believe some of those have been filed

Malyse

Well that's a line between sexy and sexualized and a lot of it has to do with intent.

Do I think Lara was made to be "easy on the eyes"? Yes.
Do I think she's designed with male gaze in mind? Yes.
Do I think Lara is sexualized? Not really? She's sort of one of the closest things we have to a feminist icon in games.

Slayven

Internet taught me to be careful of fandoms. They can turn toxic and crazy at the drop of a dime. Thank jeebus for Tokugaf, we only one crazy guy because we are so small.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

There was a gaming side thread a while ago where people were just giving away their game ideas, and you better believe some of those have been filed

Yea, I'd advise this too. Make sure you get your copyrights in order as well.

hypernima

Banned

I don't think it is oversexualized, but I don't really fault anyone who does perceive it as sexual.

I mean compared to new Lara especially. Might be the wrong word, but she was design to appeal to a male demographic in that sort of way definitely, I remember my male cousin who bought it for that reason and my sister who bought it because simply because she was a woman.

Well that's a line between sexy and sexualized and a lot of it has to do with intent.

Do I think Lara was made to be "easy on the eyes"? Yes.
Do I think she's designed with male gaze in mind? Yes.
Do I think Lara is sexualized? Not really? She's sort of one of the closest things we have to a feminist icon in games.

I think you explained it a bit better than I

Lara is sexualized the same way the DOA girls are, hilarious large breasts (that thankfully each subsequent entry in the series has toned down) that serve no purpose other than giving lonely gamers something to wank to.

I'm still going to go with Cocaine Lorraine! Let me have this! D: Something something I can't relate something something!

J.Williams is always a good pick for anything.

----

Send it via PM, I don't want your stuff being bojacked by some bitchmades.

Malyse

Shit tier playcalling today. Unacceptable. This cute shit Bevell keeps pulling with Harvin needs to stop.

EDIT: You gon' give us the pitch for this idea for your game or what, DD?

I'm not going to say enough to give it away.

Basically, Teala is a magical girl freedom fighter that is trying to collapse the governing authority. The twist? By most views the world looks to be a utopia and most people are happy. As for the game, the most interesting part is that the ending you get is purely reflective of how you played the game. At no point is there going to be a binary choice of A or B, but rather you the people you fight or avoid and the amount of time it takes for you to finish tasks will open or cut off options.

That's the most basic jist I think.

honestly, the only reason I'm making this game is because no one else is. I would kill for a Magical Girl game. Please, steal the concept of Magical Girl games. Please

Yea, I'd advise this too. Make sure you get your copyrights in order as well.

Oh. And all my stuff is copyrighted for ages. I've been messing with this for four years, but it was only two years ago that pieces started falling in place.

līən Project © 2010-2014

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Internet taught me to be careful of fandoms. They can turn toxic and crazy at the drop of a dime. Thank jeebus for Tokugaf, we only one crazy guy because we are so small.

i guarantee if tokugaf were to increase by large numbers, there will be infighting. most of us seem to be on a similar page. but if theres a divide on sub groups, it wont be pretty

Malyse

Sorry, was on mobile. Just went to DesktopGAF to send it. You should have it now...

EDIT:

... Huh.

Got and returned.

I have massive ambitions.

Also, please feel free to ask questions. I'm pretty happy to talk about this.
It helps with my cripplingly low esteem and self loathing

Hmm, well maybe you should work more on it before you plan a kickstarter. Develop more characters and things like that.

Like I said, no where near KS ready. And I honestly think people will be burned out on KS by the time I am.

Hmm, well maybe you should work more on it before you plan a kickstarter. Develop more characters and things like that.

ah, big rosters are overrated, especially for a new IP. and actually, i think if DD wants the story to be important a smaller cast works fine. It'll allow the story to be fleshed out without being confusing or getting lost in itself.

Need that antagonist tho

ReiGun

People try too hard too distance themselves from "labels." You can still be a "gamer" or whatever else and still be a unique person and also call out fuckery wherever it may dwell in your chosen fandom. I do it all the time with comic book fans (who are only like a step or two above gamers, but that's neither here nor there).

At the end of the day, shit's just shorthand for describing your interests. Anyone who matters is going to get to know you beyond that. Your part is just making sure there's something for them to get to know.

Speaking of annoying fanbases. Get the fuck over firefly already, Christ.
Whedon fans are annoying as fuck. Like, okay Avengers was hot. He did his thing on Dr. Horrible. I guess Buffy and Angel were cool if that's your thing. But the deifying people have done on the man just gets on my nerves.

Deifying in general gets to me, actually.

Ike and Reflet (not sure what he and she are called in the NA version) are the truth

Marth and Lucina can kick rocks

Chill, B

Speaking of Smash, I got to stop picking up characters. Just started using Luigi and Pac-Man. Might try Robin tonight.

Malyse

ah, big rosters are overrated, especially for a new IP. and actually, i think if DD wants the story to be important a smaller cast works fine. It'll allow the story to be fleshed out without being confusing or getting lost in itself.

12 playable characters.

Need that antagonist tho

He'll get a redesign, but meet Marate deAni.

Commish___Marate_by_Vergilsparda666.jpg

^yeah what's up w/ the villain DD?

so like Blazblue?

Villain is all about perspective.

I'll give this away too. Two of the three major themes are "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter" and the question of "When do the means not longer justify the ends?"

Little bit like BB, but without binary choices.

Chill, B

Speaking of Smash, I got to stop picking up characters. Just started using Luigi and Pac-Man. Might try Robin tonight.

If Robin is the FE character who can be male or female, I think you'll be satisfied. Better options than the dolphin slashers.

Lucina's better than Marth, but still...

Like that villain, DD-he's like "I got my guitar back here for after I kick that ass"

Malyse

If Robin is the FE character who can be male or female, I think you'll be satisfied. Better options than the dolphin slashers.

Lucina's better than Marth, but still...

Like that villain, DD-he's like "I got my guitar back here for after I kick that ass"

Antagonist

Well actually, the main Big Bad is a pretty big spoiler, but if you really want to know, you can PM me.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Chill, B

i just started fucking around with him since my reset, and i can see why people like him. hes easy to use, and can fuck shit up. not like wii fit trainer who i still cant get the hang of

Yo.

WALKING DEAD PREMIERS TONIGHT!?

How the hell did I miss that!?

Thanks for posting this, because I would have been oblivious. I was thinking about not bothering with this season because the preview at the end of the last seemed like they were repeating Mayberry, but more obvious about its corruption. I'll give the first episode a chance.

Malyse

Just conversations people are having in my presence. Like, even black couples refuse to see their partner (or themselves) as black, or at least what black "typically is."

this is what happens when all of the media tells you that you ain't shit and should be hated and killed

RP912

Banned
Self hatred seems like its at an all time high period over the course of a few years. Folks fail to see their self worth and want to denounce their own color for the sake of acceptance. My main hope for the world is unity among people regardless of skin color, class and gender...but I refuse to follow that "nu black" fuckery that's been going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom