• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

If Robin is the FE character who can be male or female, I think you'll be satisfied. Better options than the dolphin slashers.

Lucina's better than Marth, but still...
Yeah I had Robin pegged as the best FE character from day one, but I needed my Marth, and since he ate nerf bat I had to go with Luci. She ain't bad tho. I will miss that extra bit of satisfaction that comes from getting the tip.

Might try ZSS and Sheik too.

i just started fucking around with him since my reset, and i can see why people like him. hes easy to use, and can fuck shit up. not like wii fit trainer who i still cant get the hang of
Wii Fit's biggest problem is a lack of range on her grabs and smashes. Her normals are okay in that a lot of them hit behind her, so you can catch people slipping when they're in range. Plus they're all pretty powerful. But her smashes never go as far as you need them to to get the kill and some characters can even go right under them (fucking Pikachu).

Volley ball and Sun Salutation are godsends once you get the hang of them. Gimp killed so man Macs with that ball, and SS is one of the better fireballs in the game imo. Still haven't been able to incorporate Deep Breathing into my game though.

Self hatred seems like its at an all time high period over the course of a few years. Folks fail to see their self worth and want to denounce their own color for the sake of acceptance. My main hope for the world is unity among people regardless of skin color, class and gender...but I refuse to follow that "nu black" fuckery that's been going down.
Either denounce their color or pull some "we is our own worst enemy" shit to put down other black folk. It's been especially high these last two years in my circle.

Malyse

Self hatred seems like its at an all time high period over the course of a few years. Folks fail to see their self worth and want to denounce their own color for the sake of acceptance. My main hope for the world is unity among people regardless of skin color, class and gender...but I refuse to follow that "nu black" fuckery that's been going down.

To be vlear my self hatred has nothing to do with my race. I hate myself because I'm me, not because I'm black. I love being black.

Oh!

Since y'all sort of disparaged tumblr earlier, I'm guessing y'all dunno about these:

http://damnlayoffthebleach.tumblr.com/
http://thisiswhiteprivilege.tumblr.com/
http://shadesandsupers.com/
http://racismschool.tumblr.com/

Someone in the gamergate thread trying to say holding them accountable for their behavior is me acting like right wingers saying black people are responsible for violence in Ferguson?

they not knowing

Malyse

DreamDrop,
your vigor inspires me to stop being a scrub and really finish my damn graphic novel.

I need to spend a day or two writing on my wiki.

Plot so big I need a wiki.

sobs

Someone in the gamergate thread trying to say holding them accountable for their behavior is me acting like right wingers saying black people are responsible for violence in Ferguson?

they not knowing

Why haven't you noped the fuck out yet? I didn't even open that thread cause my fuckery alarms were blazing

RP912

Banned

they not knowing

o_o...and this is why I go to gaming side during daytime hours. Them shady parts after dark threads I avoid for sanity reasons and the sake of my account.

I need to spend a day or two writing on my wiki.

Plot so big I need a wiki.

sobs

Why haven't you noped the fuck out yet? I didn't even open that thread cause my fuckery alarms were blazing

o_o...and this is why I go to gaming side during daytime hours. Them shady parts after dark threads I avoid for sanity reasons and the sake of my account.

I said I was going to hang back and let cooler heads prevail, but ignorance must be slapped.

I like Gaf, but not at the expense of my dignity

Kreed

they not knowing

w13H2sO.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Speaking of annoying fanbases. Get the fuck over firefly already, Christ.
It was a good show, and I really liked it (and the movie), but yes people need to move on

im sure there are other fanbases dedicated to a show that died a decade ago that only had one season....right?
Guaranteed, if a sci-fi show existed there is a fandom out there for it. People still bring up Space: Above and Beyond for example.

Firefly had the "benefit" of being from the guy who did Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, so people who liked Whedon's style of show were used to getting a lot of episodes. Add to that the fact that Fox really did screw over the show, and you have a recipe for a cult following right there.

I don't think it is oversexualized, but I don't really fault anyone who does perceive it as sexual.

I mean compared to new Lara especially. Might be the wrong word, but she was design to appeal to a male demographic in that sort of way definitely, I remember my male cousin who bought it for that reason and my sister who bought it because simply because she was a woman.I
New Lara was okay, but fuck that game.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Ishi that thread in OT, so much side eye.

Yep. Just too much sometimes.

I kinda pity guys that feel like they have to be a special type of person to appeal to a woman. You shouldn't have to change who you are to catch a date and it isn't like you have to treat women like these goddesses who will do no wrong to get one.

If dudes aren't treating women like trophies, they're treating us like shit.

I can't really think of which is worst to be honest. Either we are less than dirt or we're objects, not humans. Gross either way.

If black people got $1 each time someone brought up black people in a conversation not revolving around them in any way. We'd all be upperclass/1%ers.

Scratch that, America's debt would be hilarious as fuck.

RP912

Banned

I kinda pity guys that feel like they have to be a special type of person to appeal to a woman. You shouldn't have to change who you are to catch a date and it isn't like you have to treat women like these goddesses who will do no wrong to get one.

I can't really think of which is worst to be honest. Either we are less than dirt or we're objects, not humans. Gross either way.

I used to be one of those guys until I realize that there's no such thing as a "special kind of guy" for a woman to be attracted. It all goes towards self esteem issues that some dudes deal with on a regular basis. Some men fail to see that they have self worth and can get a woman's attention with the right attitude. Nobody wants to deal with somebody that's dragging their self worth on the ground.

Bottom line...what you got to lose in taking a chance in talking to a woman besides a simple no...

Mm, I've met all sorts of guys in relationships. Even those that people think could never be in a relationship.

I used to be one of those guys until I realize that there's no such thing as a "special kind of guy" for a woman to be attracted. It all goes towards self esteem issues that some dudes deal with on a regular basis. Some men fail to see that they have self worth and can get a woman's attention with the right attitude. Nobody wants to deal with somebody that's dragging their self worth on the ground.

Bottom line...what you got to lose in taking a chance in talking to a woman besides a simple no...

Yep, I was in that boat too, but I just said "fuck it" one day and from then on it was business as usual. Even if someone is cruel with the rejection, once it's done it's done.

ReiGun

Everybody is someone's type unless are you just an absolutely unpleasant human being. And even then, you might get lucky. Too many of us psych ourselves out worrying about being the perfect type or meeting some list of requirements you heard rather than just shooting your shot.

And I'm speaking from experience here. Lord knows I got self esteem issues out the ass. So I can relate to some gaffers to a certain point. Not with that thread tho; don't know wtf that's all about.

RP912

Banned
Yep, I was in that boat too, but I just said "fuck it" one day and from then on it was business as usual. Even if someone is cruel with the rejection, once it's done it's done.

I think my confidence gain when I started working as a cashier. Some women came by and gave me the "make a move first" type of vibe. I guess it's the sense of being modest which I tend to feel to this day even with my wife. Sometimes I wonder why she chose a "herb" like me until I realize my self worth.

I got over fear of women back in like middle school when one of the cutest girls was into me specifically because I didn't worship her. If she was bothering me I told her so. From there I realized that treating women like goddesses is the dumbest thing ever. Nowadays I talk to all women the same way whether or not they're a girl I'm interested in, my girlfriend, a friend, a random girl who just struck up conversation.

Downside is that now most girl I speak to think I'm interested in them when chances are high I'm never interested beyond having a decent convo.

I do have more female friends than male friends by a good 4:1 margin.

I blame being raised by all women.

I got over fear of women back in like middle school when one of the cutest girls was into me specifically because I didn't worship her. If she was bothering me I told her so. From there I realized that treating women like goddesses is the dumbest thing ever. Nowadays I talk to all women the same way whether or not they're a girl I'm interested in, my girlfriend, a friend, a random girl who just struck up conversation.

Downside is that now most girl I speak to think I'm interested in them when chances are high I'm never interested beyond having a decent convo. So once I f

I do have more female friends than male friends by a good 4:1 margin.

I blame being raised by all women.

I need to stop hanging out with certain people. Clown me for basic shit and make me even more self-conscious than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom