• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinluck

I like Bayo but it's pretty shallow and Kamiya is given far too much credit for what's basically a female Dante built up from his exaggerated preferences/fetishes.

Based off the Bayonetta threads on Gaming Side, there are many different ways to interpret Bayo!

I think I'll just stick to "she's a super powerful badass witch who flaunts her parts and yells 'climax'" because sexy sells, and it appeases fan boy/girl wet dreams.

There is so much of, "that's not what Bayonetta is, you don't understand it/her," in that thread. Cats in there acting like there are layers to this shit. The games are fun, but let's not pretend that they are not also trying to appeal to pervs. There is such a look don't touch vibe to those games :lol.

I never pretended Bayonetta was a progressive mark for feminism or anything, shame on you for not seeing that blah blah blah. I just think she's cool.

Just finished this small business (like 50 people) branding project. They paid me so well and let me have free range of it all. Rent is paid for the next 3 months. They referred me to this older lady who needs a minimal styled book cover and is paying well. Awwww yisss.

ReiGun

If cooking is a game, eggs are like "super baby you can't possibly lose" easy mode difficulty. The idea that anyone cOuld mess that up is more than i can bare.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't read any Berserk in about 5 years. Did they finally get off the boat?

Man they sell liquid egg in the store, it takes some next level bullshit to fuck up eggs.

Yeah, I do egg whites. Not going to die from cholesterol-related shit like half my family. It'll be cancer, like the other half.

Based off the Bayonetta threads on Gaming Side, there are many different ways to interpret Bayo!

I think I'll just stick to "she's a super powerful badass witch who flaunts her parts and yells 'climax'" because sexy sells, and it appeases fan boy/girl wet dreams.

There is so much of, "that's not what Bayonetta is, you don't understand it/her," in that thread. Cats in there acting like there are layers to this shit. The games are fun, but let's not pretend that they are not also trying to appeal to pervs. There is such a look don't touch vibe to those games :lol.

I thought her portrayal was generally sex-positive and empowered, but I can certainly see it in the other direction. It's all good.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That, "I can't play this game around women" nonsense can go to the left. Grown people acting like children.

It blows my mind that they were able to make 6 of those shitty movies.

That foreign market money.
wwbdd46.png
I hope the tv show is half as fun as the films.

Just finished this small business (like 50 people) branding project. They paid me so well and let me have free range of it all. Rent is paid for the next 3 months. They referred me to this older lady who needs a minimal styled book cover and is paying well. Awwww yisss.

Good shit.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Love seeing monicas stunting.

That leaked Rogue Squadron Wii game footage looks kinda busted. Not sure why people are crying over it.

It's a 100M franchise, nothing shocking about that.

I shoulda said I'm surprised it made enough money to warrant 6 movies.

Saw the first one and part of the second, what a fucking mess.

That leaked Rogue Squadron Wii game footage looks kinda busted. Not sure why people are crying over it.

Looks like a bunch of Wiimote mini-games yeah

what I AM mad about though is the Rogue Squadron trilogy remake getting canned. 60fps, new graphic engine, all one one disc...man that would have been nice.

This would have been less shitty if Dolphin could run Rogue Leader, but it can't :(

harSon

Banned

The best thing in the world.

Good shit.

ReiGun

Don't forget us when you make it to the top, Angelus.

That, "I can't play this game around women" nonsense can go to the left. Grown people acting like children.
The entire concept of "guilty pleasures" is lost on me. Of all the things I'm self conscious about, how I choose to spend my free time/entertain myself is just not one of them.

If cooking is a game, eggs are like "super baby you can't possibly lose" easy mode difficulty. The idea that anyone cOuld mess that up is more than i can bare.

Bruh i was scrambling eggs when I was 8, Im still in disbelief. I honestly think these people would fuck up a tv dinnner

Slayven

Congrats.

Can I get 25 dollars to next Friday?

Infinite

Swag on em.

It is. I blame people with no understanding of web design wanting the "cool" effects on their pages.

With that stated.

tumblr_n9gi5isEA41r5taq7o1_1280.png

I'm 100% for Ruth Negga being Zatanna.

Trey

Why aren't web pages with automatic music play not outlawed yet? I'm tired of coming across a random blog with some Drake mixtape song instantly blaring.

Jado

Banned
None of you ever had eggs that are overcooked/dry, salty or too runny/raw? I dunno... I think a lot of people have a way of fucking up eggs in a way that makes them kinda nasty.

Why aren't web pages with automatic music play not outlawed yet? I'm tired of coming across a random blog with some Drake mixtape song instantly blaring.

I don't know but that shit should be illegal. Like you get thrown in prison for 30 days for being guilty of that shit.

Kreed

It's even worse when they don't play the audio right away. You open up a random blog for some info and then leave the tab open/jump to something else. Then 5 minutes later, it starts playing music. But by this time you've already opened up 5-6 other tabs.

Like RedSwirl said, I am glad Google added that sound indicator.

Slayven

Is it weird that as a black man I don't like Cornel West? I don't deny he says some right things once in a while, but other wise I just don't like him.,

Infinite

Is it weird that as a black man I don't like Cornel West? I don't deny he says some right things once in a while, but other wise I just don't like him.,
I don't like when he's on that "we is out worst own enemy" shit but otherwise he's ok. I don't think it's weird that you don't like him.

akira28

I believe that you find his hairstyle threatening, on a subconscious level.

He's way better than Allen West though...even you have to agree to that.

Slayven

I believe that you find his hairstyle threatening, on a subconscious level.

He's way better than Allen West though...even you have to agree to that.

I didn't know who that was so I googled, and it said people also searched for Ben Carson. Told me all I needed to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom