• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Clara's great.

Rose Tyler can turn into a literal spacetime goddess, but let Clara talk to the Doctor as a kid and suddenly y'all can't deal.

I can't deal with Who fans. The whole show is built around bullshit plot devices, that is what makes it fun.

J10

Banned
Someone should do a black version of Expendables with Eddie Murphy, Denzel Washington, Bill Duke, Sam Jackson, Michael Jai White, Gina Torres, and get some older heads involved like Richard Roundtree, Danny Glover, Pam Grier, Jim Brown, Carl Weathers.

Have The Rock and Will Smith and Paula Patton play the villains.

Slayven

Someone should do a black version of Expendables with Eddie Murphy, Denzel Washington, Bill Duke, Sam Jackson, Michael Jai White, Gina Torres, and get some older heads involved like Richard Roundtree, Danny Glover, Pam Grier, Jim Brown, Carl Weathers.

Have The Rock and Will Smith and Paula Patton play the villains.

So this ?

original-gangstas-original-adv-promo-poster-pam-grier-fred-williamson-96-1683-p.jpg

closet black people got to ensemble films are struggle thrillers like Addicted, Romcoms that inevitably always have Meagan Good, American prison documentaries, or Tyler Perry films

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell is wrong with you?

Nothing's wrong with me, aside from all the X-Men being shitlords, Peter Parker is the pits and absolutely horrible. Doesn't deserve to be in most of the shit he's in. Fuck Spider-Man.

Nothing's wrong with me, aside from all the X-Men being shitlords, Peter Parker is the pits and absolutely horrible. Doesn't deserve to be in most of the shit he's in. Fuck Spider-Man.

and I thought Storm Chamber wrote the most offensive post in this thread

I'm so disgusted right now with now

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly the X-Men books have always been a home for the most hamhanded, clumsy "romance" bullshit I've ever read. It's like almost every one of their stories is made to appeal to a 40 year old mouthbreathing virgin, that's how poorly it's handled.

I understand most people like Peter Parker. That's fine, it's just not for me. Secret Wars? Parker had no place to be there. Outclassed at every turn.

But the goddamn X-Men, christ, I can't handle that stuff. I know there's good stories buried within all the bullshit sometimes. I really enjoyed uh...yknow I'm not sure I like any X-Men stories.

Make Tyler Perry the star and call it "Madea Saves The World" so it can get green lit. Either that or have Steve Harvey write it and call it "Think Like An Action Man".

That just gave me the worst idea. Picture this......

Meteor Man 2 starring Tyler Perry as Madea and a plethora of other characters. The villain played by Mario Van Peebles. It's 2015 and the Golden Lord's are now the Platinum Lords. They takeover all of Decatur. Some of the members will include a whose who of the greatest musical talents. Soulja Boy, Icejjfish, the Puppies, Another Bad Creation, Soul 4 Real, and Men at Large. Guest appearance by Chunky A playing Madeas sidekick, Stratosphere.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That just gave me the worst idea. Picture this......

Meteor Man 2 starring Tyler Perry as Madea and a plethora of other characters. The villain played by Mario Van Peebles. It's 2015 and the Golden Lord's are now the Platinum Lords. They takeover all of Decatur. Some of the members will include a whose who of the greatest musical talents. Soulja Boy, Icejjfish, the Puppies, Another Bad Creation, Soul 4 Real, and Men at Large. Guest appearance by Chunky A playing Madeas sidekick, Stratosphere.

that is the worst idea. Another Bad Creation is what, 40 years old now? 35?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I suggested this once and got ran out of MCU gaf. Tried to have Slay and J10 get me back in; said there was nothing they can do.

You dont want back into mcu gaf.

They embarassed themselves in that secret wars thread.

I know, chat is like it always is. My brain is melting reading the chat though.

I'm curious as to how anyone can defend some shit like this. lol

Stay for the Dear White People chat

and yes, that was an interesting chat session to say in the least, but I don't think half of them even know what is going on... on either side.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why would someone not want Morales in MCU? That's a decent goddamned Spider-Man.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Bout to come on in 3 minutes

Watched all of it.

Jesus, bless Brianna for speaking up about all of this and that Fredrick guy is such a piece of crap. I wanted to mute the goddamn vid whenever he spoke because most of it was just bullshit.

No accountability for anything. Smfh how sickening

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Why would someone not want Morales in MCU? That's a decent goddamned Spider-Man.

Hes decent, and he seems to finally be coming into his own in the current arc, but it probably has a lot to do with why people dont want photon as the first captain marvel.

But personally, you cant get worse than mcguire spider man at this point.

ReiGun

You dont want back into mcu gaf.

They embarassed themselves in that secret wars thread.
Can't even read MCU threads anymore. Once something gets to the point of just being worship with little room for dissenting opinions, I'm out.

"Something something not my Spider-Man something something diversity quota" was gist of what I heard.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Stay for the Dear White People chat

and yes, that was an interesting chat session to say in the least, but I don't think half of them even know what is going on... on either side.

They sure as hell don't. Directionless, naive, self-absorbed, etc...

You can hear it in that one dudes voice. He knew what time it was when the journalist brought up the harassment. All you can do is deflect and try and save face. That guy that acted as mediator was playing nice. Any journalist that felt some type of way would have destroyed those 2 dudes.

The 8 chan dude didn't give a single fuck. lol. wow.

Watched all of it.

Jesus, bless Brianna for speaking up about all of this and I that Fredrick guy is such a piece of crap. I wanted to mute the goddamn vid whenever he spoke because most of it was just bullshit.

No accountability for anything. Smfh how sickening

My eyes rolled out of my head and onto my keyboard. Thank god for typing classes, cause it sure is dark right now.

That last line of his was grade school immaturity.

Slayven

Can't even read MCU threads anymore. Once something gets to the point of just being worship with little room for dissenting opinions, I'm out.

"Something something not my Spider-Man something something diversity quota" was gist of what I heard.

Can't talk about shit. It just be "How awesome is this new little tiidbit?" "So awesome"

I know, chat is like it always is. My brain is melting reading the chat though.

I'm curious as to how anyone can defend some shit like this. lol

Let's be honest, what kind of demographic can even make it to that chat. Most people are working or aren't going to care. It's going to be trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom