• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
But those X-men pairing they must have used a hat to pick names out of.

It didnt help that you could barely see any of them.

Put me in charge of an amalgam project. Id put some of that grant morrison level attention on it. It wouldnt come out til 2025, but it would be worth it.

Parallax

Why is Amalgam looked on favourably? Every single design to come out of it was vomit inducing.

I say that whenever someone tries to rep AoA.

Amalgam was a fun series that had a lot of detail behind it. It would have worked better if they were actually able to do some stories instead of one shots, but it was one of my favorite times in comics.

I feel like a lot of people in this thread were like "Destiny is the truth" with the Beta ages ago and yet everybody has fallen out of love with the game so fast. Did the game just run out of fun things to do? Or were y'all deceived earlier?

Not here. I still love it and play 5+ hours a night. Just cleared Vault of Glass with my clan recently and it was an amazing experience. I understand people's frustrations with the game but I have enjoyed every minute of it and look forward to more content. I think perhaps since I've had a large group of clan mates to play with since day 1 my experiences have been different than most.

I feel like a lot of people in this thread were like "Destiny is the truth" with the Beta ages ago and yet everybody has fallen out of love with the game so fast. Did the game just run out of fun things to do? Or were y'all deceived earlier?

I still love it myself. Have cleared normal Vault and HM Vault. The game is great. But I also approach it the way that I approach MMO's and while I do think the game needs to work on the social aspects, I haven't had an issue with getting groups together to play the content. A lot of people trash the game for it's story but most people skip MMO quest text/lore/story anyways, so I'm used to not minding if it's weak. Repeating of missions is common in MMO's as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I went ahead and bought all 3 of the Berserk movies on blu-ray. I heard they improve quite a bit, last I had checked in was when the first one released and people were irritable. Hope they're good, and mostly faithful to the source material. The 90s anime left out so much, and this is really just a retelling, but probably one of my favorite stories.

Why is it not surprising at all that a lot of the posters who have issues with Anita Sarkesian also like to get cute in race threads

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Any way just saw this posted, fits my opinion of Gamer Gate to a T!

Bz_xr2_CIAIhDvm.png

Gorillaz

Static would definitely be a better pick if they are trying to build up the quota for black heroes. I would be more interested in that then cyborg

Iceman and Sunfire were marked improvements over high school ice bro in speedos and frog mask flag man.

Apocalypse was better. Many were admittedly worse, but the design fit the theme of the world. Amalgam is literally taking pieces of a costume and pasting them together.

Mortemis

Banned
Yeah I would be so hyped for a static movie. Can't say I really like cyborg at all, I wonder if a teen titans movie would work out better.

Ya boy was sick yesterday but I was gonna post that TEW is pretty good so far for me anyways. But why is anything related to Bethesda janky as Fuck animation wise?

Parallax

Iceman and Sunfire were marked improvements over high school ice bro in speedos and frog mask flag man.

Apocalypse was better. Many were admittedly worse, but the design fit the theme of the world. Amalgam is literally taking pieces of a costume and pasting them together.

Spiky iceman is better than snowpacked iceman, sure but not his modern variations. I will give you sunfire. But everyone else was garbage. And although amalgam fused costumes together, dark claw, spider boy, and dr strangefate were quite good among some decent mashups.

Slayven

Spiky iceman is better than snowpacked iceman, sure but not his modern variations. I will give you sunfire. But everyone else was garbage. And although amalgam fused costumes together, dark claw, spider boy, and dr strangefate were quite good among some decent mashups.

THanoseid was an abomination. Thy did they go with the majority of it being Darkseid?

Slayven

Still don't agree with that, Destiny isn't nearly as bad a case as Titanfall.

Titanfall was dead after a week or two. Destiny has limited content for an MMOFPS, Titanfall has limited content for a retail game.

You know I use to cape for Titanfall, but even I haven't played it in months. Every match just seems the same..

Because you like comic book movies.
I love them, I am just starting to hate people that love talking about them. If I am explaining it right. I just want to talk about the history the characters, what they might do storywise, etc. I could give a shit about the studio pltlics, who is scoring the soundtrack, who is directing, etc.

Parallax

I love them, I am just starting to hate people that love talking about them. If I am explaining it right. I just want to talk about the history the characters, what they might do storywise, etc. I could give a shit about the studio pltlics, who is scoring the soundtrack, who is directing, etc.

noone cares about that anymore for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom