• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at that subreddit shitting on Gaf and this thread specifically. Damn.

I love all these pasty-white nerds posting in the black community thread.

iW6KUcyjapo68.gif

I'm not up on the Palmer hate.

She's a woman that leads the entire Spartan division and doesn't take shit.

Basically she's everything nerds fear about women in videogames or female characters. A leader, independent, tough, not showing off ass and titties every 3 minutes, nor is a damsel in distress.

I don't know why you guys are acting like game commentating is any different from any other kind of commenting, outside of what I'm assuming is "Lol gamez!"

It's not like they're commenting on tic tac toe or something ridiculously simple

Soundscream even named names in professional sports who showed commentating ain't shit, and there are plenty more.

The only real difference is that the stakes are a hell of a lot smaller for e-sports commentators.

I love how creeping on another forum is the highlight of these dudes year

http://proplayerinsiders.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/but-thats-none-of-my2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Creeping is an understatement...its pretty godamn sad at the length they've gone.

[SPOILER]But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't laughing at a few things on there[/SPOILER]

DominoKid

black excellence in the Little League World Series. team from Chicago w/ the US Championship just now and will play for the World Championship

Creeping is an understatement...its pretty godamn sad at the length they've gone.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't laughing at a few things on there

The hateful and belligerent sentences they string together could only come from hands attached to a body whose penis has wilted to chalk from non-use and a brain that desperately needs friendship and/or professional help.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What did yal expect? The post to view ratio has only gone up since the barbershop days

and the content in this thread/community has only gone downward since OT3-4ish anyways lol

DY_nasty

yo they short as FUCK

green ranger dishonoring his whole line with that flabbiness too. scust

I see it happening. Dude's going to reach the character cap for a post talking about how much he hates niggers.

Everyone in here will be clutching their pillow the night he does it.

ENTIRE FAMILY TREES, BRUH

black excellence in the Little League World Series. team from Chicago w/ the US Championship just now and will play for the World Championship

Excellent. Win it all! I'm gonna miss Mo'Ne, though.

DY_nasty

If Joe Budden could promote as well as he talks shit he might get around to putting up Big Sean numbers...

and not all, just a lot.

yeah, i really shouldn't type up replies listening to 'ante up' and it's a good thing i'm so accustomed to hitting 'preview post' and re-reading questionable replies. don't wanna catch a 13 month staycation.

Where is this subreddit that shits on GAF? I want to see the hate.

LOL at all of us being pasty white nerds. For the record, I'm one of the darkest black men on this board.

Have y'all discussed Joe Budden actively taunting the NYPD's manhunt?

http://2dopeboyz.com/2014/08/23/joe-budden-wanted-by-nypd/

/r/NeoGAF_Sucks? lmao

yeah, i really shouldn't type up replies listening to 'ante up' and it's a good thing i'm so accustomed to hitting 'preview post' and re-reading questionable replies. don't wanna catch a 13 month staycation.

I've been listening to MOP for the better part of the weekend. Firing Squad is still a classic

Tangent: I will admit when it comes to art, I prefer artists who deal with more realistic proportions and depictions. However one artist I like is KR0NPR1NZ; dude's amazing at his craft. I respect artists who take the time to learn the basics and rules before they start breaking/ignoring them. I like that he adds real life touches to his more animu style characters (the slight red to their noses and cheeks since blood tends to pool there, he makes the eye/iris appear round instead of flat like many manga artists tend to do, etc).

audrey_WIP.1399206979.gif

shibuya_river_wip_by_kr0npr1nz-d7qtuns.gif

heavy_l_WIP.1402349632.gif

hachiko_WIP.1400283627.gif

sm_WIP.1398551043.gif

45489623_m.jpg

The post processing/filters he uses really add to the images

DY_nasty

yal are bullshittin. that story will be just as on time and promoted as terrence howard's swim team movie that you all forgot about years ago
I respect artists who take the time to learn the basics and rules before they start breaking/ignoring them.

There are waaay too many people thinking they're above the game in a lot of fields. Really doing themselves a disservice and no one else. :/

There are waaay too many people thinking they're above the game in a lot of fields. Really doing themselves a disservice and no one else. :/

Much truth, shit is a shame. If cats swallowed their misplaced pride and went and learned the basics they'd realise they'd improve their craft like ten fold.

DY_nasty

Much truth, shit is a shame. If cats swallowed their misplaced pride and went and learned the basics they'd realise they'd improve their craft like ten fold.
I don't know if I brought it up before, but I was really going hard at bringing together a bunch of friends and guys I used to work with to establish a sort of organization to help in managing and generally guiding intellectual properties (whole thing really came together because each of us had been fucked over in some way before).

I'm going back to school to at least give it a serious shot before falling back on my existing career stuff - but its downright painful watching guys with loads of potential just stiff arm opportunities because of pride and ignorance of their own field. One guy was absolutely sure that he could jump from his short stories to taking on a House of Leaves endeavor and I'm just like... 'go'.

I don't know if I brought it up before, but I was really going hard at bringing together a bunch of friends and guys I used to work with to establish a sort of organization to help in managing and generally guiding intellectual properties (whole thing really came together because each of us had been fucked over in some way before).

I'm going back to school to at least give it a serious shot before falling back on my existing career stuff - but its downright painful watching guys with loads of potential just stiff arm opportunities because of pride and ignorance of their own field. One guy was absolutely sure that he could jump from his short stories to taking on a House of Leaves endeavor and I'm just like... 'go'.

Word. When it comes to graphic design, I'm always studying bare basic stuff (color theory, data flow, etc) just to always keep myself knowledgeable on basic stuff I would otherwise forget as I focus on more "advanced" stuff.

Like for many fields, you get cats who are ridiculously talented but even they'll tell you that learning the basics of their crafts help them.

Those people are idiots so I'm not surprised they threw fits and tantrums.

Fuck that shit, I am reinventing the grammar game.

Good luck with that, most of America will see you as another coon.

White male privilege under attack!

Angelus, prepare to be blown away if you haven't heard of Kim Jung Gi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGbvhyTZXfs

Yeah, I've definitely noticed this issue. I've seen WAY too many friends that somehow developed amazing painting skills but their stuff always looks really off because they didn't seem to learn the basic anatomy/proportions for things. And then you can tell they completely didn't bother with perspective cuz they either don't have backgrounds of they're always from the same simple head on perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom