• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

he looked like he had some warrants.(dat built in white officer facial recognition technology) his headlights were off after sunset?(looks like the sun is right behind the officer's head, but maybe it's a streetlight?) and black man and a white woman(so threaten the baby with child services).

Seems legit.

The thing is the officer could have stopped them for any number legally valid reasons and then had a reason to search the car. It's bullshit. I hope that family is safe and out of prison.

Slayven

As that newscaster said after the guy being arrested in the skywalk, how the fuck are you supposed to get out of these situations if you're black? Anything you say, you're still getting cuffed because racist fucks have already made up their mind you're getting arrested, they're just looking for the "good enough" reason to do it with.

Exercising your rights is obscration of justice.

Infinite

As that newscaster said after the guy being arrested in the skywalk, how the fuck are you supposed to get out of these situations if you're black? Anything you say, you're still getting cuffed because racist fucks have already made up their mind you're getting arrested, they're just looking for the "good enough" reason to do it with.

You don't. Just know that you'll have your day in court and so will they :/

Slayven

Dream when you make a thread like that you got to cover all your bases, be on point for everything. Because anything out of place will derail the thread and used to shout down any conversation.

Malyse

Dream when you make a thread like that you got to cover all your bases, be on point for everything. Because anything out of place will derail the thread and used to shout down any conversation.

Still unsettled about that and the other link from earlier.

Fuck it. I'll make the other thread too.

FyreWulff

And fuck, since arrests sort of exist outside the court system, policemen can target people with it and there's no oversight because you can be let go, but it's still on your record, but you can't get it off the record because it wasn't a matter to be brought before a judge.. fucking hell how easily rigged that is. Depressing

akira28

he's got to be twice as good and doubly organized than the average GAF poster.

Yeah, have to use the sword and not the club. You see what happens in even the most innocent and/or immaculate threads as soon as melanin is involved.

You had someone declare they weren't even going to watch the video.

Slayven

Yeah, have to use the sword and not the club. You see what happens in even the most innocent and/or immaculate threads as soon as melanin is involved.

You had someone declare they weren't even going to watch the video.

Folks forget they don't have to interact with a thread at all.

RP912

Banned
I'm seriously thinking about jumping next gen with the wii u. I had my intentions on either the ps4 or xbox one but I'm seriously saddened of how they approached next gen...meanwhile Bayonetta 2 coming out next week and I gotta jump on that shit hard :/

Malyse

I'm seriously thinking about jumping next gen with the wii u. I had my intentions on either the ps4 or xbox one but I'm seriously saddened of how they approached next gen...meanwhile Bayonetta 2 coming out next week and I gotta jump on that shit hard :/

It really is the best choice right now.

Nows the best time to get a ps4 or x1

Malyse

Nows the best time to get a ps4 or x1

And play what?

what the hell am I reading

truth%20title-filtered.png

Furyous

I hit the big 3-0 today and almost got fired. Matter of fact I was fired but talked my boss out of firing me by pointing out that I've never shown up late once so this was an anomaly. Technically, I don't need to work for a good year and half plus whatever the financial aid office kicks back to me in January so I could say fuck this job. However, I need something on my resume to convince these fortune 500 companies that I am worth investing money into.

If you would've told me I'd grind it out working at a shit job I hate 11 years ago, I'd laugh in your face.

I miss iOS because this Android shit is uselessly complicated.

Infinite

what the hell am I reading
Feel the same. Been enjoying my wiiu and 3DS more than the other two consoles. I plan on just hooking up my PC to play the multiplat games that won't be on the console. I'm sure some Ps4 and Xbox One games will interests me down the line however.

Silky

Banned
That feeling where your girlfriend is pissed at you for something and you can't seem to recall why or what you did to make it so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom