• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he say exactly three months or was he saying within three months?

Either way some people like structural relationships, some work out that way some don't.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Either way some people like structural relationships, some work out that way some don't.

You don't get it. You can't do something like this with relationships without looking like a control freak. That's like saying, I will fall in love after 3 months. That's not how love and relationships work. No one lives systematically by nature if you did, you'd be pretty robotic.

This isn't the same as a structural relationship. Those are usually mutual agreements. With this, there's one person calling the shots with hope the relationship will turn out this way or the other, and that's a pretty unhealthy view to have.

G-Fex

Nothing is wrong with not liking something.

You watched him play TEW. Had that been a reviewer or some random, they would have been calling for a resignation. I watched AngryJoe play it and be utter ass, but could separate when he was fucking up from when something bothered him about the game. Not, *takes two steps and dies*, "this is horrible game design".

To be fair I only caught the real later half he played. I lost it when the evil roombas came in.

Could be right though, Carc needs to stick with the old RE's like I have no business fucking with new FPS's.

it only gets good when you get the typewriter then you can play it like the gallery shooter it is. even then it meh.

Yeah, it's kinda good having from some weak weapons then upgrading them to good noticeable power. Not sure if TEW's 'upgrades' are just as good.

You don't get it. You can't do something like this with relationships without looking like a control freak. That's like saying, I will fall in love after 3 months. That's not how love and relationships work. No one lives systematically by nature if you did, you'd be pretty robotic.

This isn't the same as a structural relationship. Those are usually mutual agreements. With this, there's one person calling the shots with hope the relationship will turn out this way or the other, and that's a pretty unhealthy view to have.

I don't really think that is the point anyways. This is done way before the relationship anyways mainly at the dating stage. The point is simply to weed out any undesirable men who want sex under the guise of a relationship. It there for those women who value sex as an intimate part of a relationship instead of something someone does as pleasurable. Or for those who have not been lucky enough to actually meet a guy who she can be immediately sexual with and still have a possible relationship in the running.

I think Steve(or his publishers) chose three months because it is fucking absurd. That's the point. Do you actually like me or do you just want me for sex? Its flawed for sure because for one, no one is perfect and two guys will wait just for sex. It all depends on how you value sex itself and your experience in relationships whether or not its sound advice.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

You're taking his "advice" too literally.

He's just telling people what they want to hear. That's the goal of any self help book. Just to reaffirm what their audience already views as common sense.

The "90 day rule" isn't meant to be taken literally I think. It just does it's job and confirms what his audience already thinks. If this person really likes me for me they won't mind waiting for sex or something.

Basically it's not about whether it works or not, it just has to sound right to the audience.

I mean his latest book is on some straight up hold onto your dreams I lived out of my car and look at me now you can do it too just buy my book shit. It should be extremely apparent to anyone not caught in the vortex of it all to see what he's selling to people

Or the taking back of 'fag'.

People should know better than to try and take moral lessons from m people who are above all else trying to get a laugh.

I remember hearing a comedian on a podcast comment about how alarmed he was at how much a fan that approached him after a show identified with his material and apparently shared some of those experiences.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I wasn't speaking for myself in these posts, I'm speaking about how most take Steve's advice and I'm saying why that mind frame isn't sound. But I'm too tired to go into it...

Lol EP 6 of oitnb is awesome. Don't see why you guys think the main character is trash. You do know Jenji just makes the main one unlikeable

Tho I don't like that she's developing a show about Salem when "Salem" already exist and awesome

^ I came back in here wondering what on earth is going on with Gaf in that thread and that thread just started. How on earth can people think that's ok or that she looks black.. And I'm not sending sarcasm nor is the topic even woth being sarcastic about.

KidJr

You're taking his "advice" too literally.

He's just telling people what they want to hear. That's the goal of any self help book. Just to reaffirm what their audience already views as common sense.

The "90 day rule" isn't meant to be taken literally I think. It just does it's job and confirms what his audience already thinks. If this person really likes me for me they won't mind waiting for sex or something.

Basically it's not about whether it works or not, it just has to sound right to the audience.

I mean his latest book is on some straight up hold onto your dreams I lived out of my car and look at me now you can do it too just buy my book shit. It should be extremely apparent to anyone not caught in the vortex of it all to see what he's selling to people

I remember hearing a comedian on a podcast comment about how alarmed he was at how much a fan that approached him after a show identified with his material and apparently shared some of those experiences.

But thats not the reality, as soon as most guys realise your HOLDING out on sex... we're gunna wait.... and wait.... and wait.... and wait... and wait until we do hit.... Guess what if that guy does like your mind, you've wasted x amount of time and it wouldnt have changed sh*t, if he doesnt like your mind he's still gunna up and leave lol

All these people throwing out Social Justice Warrior as an insult. Damn i want to go in.

Then why don't you.

SJW tend to be lazy attempts that trivialize serious issues or confuse intention/context . Like labeling a simple cosplay as racist or catching feelings over a Sarah Silverman joke.

Malyse

People were wondering why I didn't just drop that in the thread. Well, I did. And nothing happened like I expected. 😑

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People were wondering why I didn't just drop that in the thread. Well, I did. And nothing happened like I expected. 😑

Just gotta pace yourself and let the first one run its course

That thread's fate was decided in the first post

A lot of people don't care. They wouldn't care if the woman was rocking big red lips and singing mammy. Some are slick about it, some are blunt. Anytime someone isn't being stabbed with a burning cross with nigger written on it in blood 100 times, it's not racism, it's not even insensitive or ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom