• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That being said, as a white dude, it took some talking to me to finally understand why it was offensive. It may sound easy to most people but it took someone spending some time talking to me so I could understand why it is - this type of topic was very tough to wrap my ignorant head around years ago. There's some people in there that do want to be educated so that's good.

Slayven

That thread's fate was decided in the first post

A lot of people don't care. They wouldn't care if the woman was rocking big red lips and singing mammy. Some are slick about it, some are blunt. Anytime someone isn't being stabbed with a burning cross with nigger written on it in blood 100 times, it's not racism, it's not even insensitive or ignorant.

Empathy for black people ranks very low for some people on gaf

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You ever notice how GAF gets more riled up about calling a white person the R word than they do about calling a black person the N word?

Malyse

That being said, as a white dude, it took some talking to me to finally understand why it was offensive. It may sound easy to most people but it took someone spending some time talking to me so I could understand why it is - this type of topic was very tough to wrap my ignorant head around years ago. There's some people in there that do want to be educated so that's good.

I wish I could have gotten my post in on the first page.

Slayven

You ever notice how GAF gets more riled up about calling a white person the R word than they do about calling a black person the N word?

Because you can get angry and slip and call someone the N word. But to label some a racist you got to be a sociopath.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Royals going to the World Series. Baseball is now relevant in my town for the first time in 25 years. I'm a bandwagon fan now

Sabrewulf

Banned
Woo, my girlfriend's pregnant! I'm excited af, man. Been together for three years. Spent this entire weekend celebrating with friends/family. Life's good.

Crocodile

I'm reading through that thread and I honestly don't know who to contribute without resorting to expletives. Some head in the sand type shit going on in there :(

strobogo

Banned
I'm reading through that thread and I honestly don't know who to contribute without resorting to expletives. Some head in the sand type shit going on in there :(

This is a message board where, in a pedo thread, someone actually suggested that getting raped/molested as a kid isn't always bad, because that raped/molested kid might grow up to be the scientist that cures cancer. That same thread also had someone saying it was unfair to hold pedophiles criminally responsible for biological urges. I think the thread got nuked before someone could ask them why it is okay for murders to go to prison for killing people based on their biological urges.

Mental Winter Olympics going on in there to justify everything

"Of COURSE you should paint yourself white to cosplay a white person!"

(a few pages earlier)

"White Girls is RACIST BULLSHIT! Dave Chapelle"s Chuck Taylor is TERRIBLE!"

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I can't believe we live in a time when, "social justice warrior" is considered a means of an insult. There are about a dozen other words to call someone whom is argumentative for the sake of being right, or overzealous and accusatory in tone, and often wrong, or just reactionary, yet...people pick that to use?

Woo, my girlfriend's pregnant! I'm excited af, man. Been together for three years. Spent this entire weekend celebrating with friends/family. Life's good.

Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom