• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

So... how's everyone doing?

I got fired on my 30th birthday then talked dude into rehiring me so I could improve the look of my employment record. I managed to come up on some financial aid money that means I can move or live here rent free for 24 months.

I'm trying to figure out where to move to.

Trey

When JC actually sits down and thinks about a game he usually comes up with a decent and insightful review. That TEW review told me all I needed to know, and your Halo: Reach lookback was nice too.

Infinite

I got a job interview for overnight stocking at Toys R Us

Not that you're asking for advice or anything but just because it's over night stocking don't think they don't want you to come across as the most extroverted person possible in the interview. Good luck!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
this hardcore RE/Surival horror speed runner guy (CarcinogenSDA) hated nearly every moment of Evil Within

It's not surprising. He hates RE4 with a flaming passion, and I'm pretty sure that he can't stand RE5 or RE6.

To keep it funky, a lot of the shit he was dieing to, I didn't see gaffers dieing too...at all, on Akumu even. He was brute forcing certain shit instead of approaching things differently and calling it bad design or whatever. Dude is gdlk at breaking shit down, but nah.

That's not to say there isn't some janky shit, cause there is, but yea. He'd know better than I though, so it's whatever.

RP912

Banned
I just don't understand the logic of some people in general when it comes down to hip hop. It's like god forbid there's more to it besides whats being played on the fucking radio. Folks kill me with that hip hop is all about blah blah blah...yet can dig in the fucking crates for an indy rock album that nobody ever heard about.

That shit pisses me the fuck off because it's 2014 and people still on the Rap is Crap bullshit.

I just don't understand the logic of some people in general when it comes down to hip hop. It's like god forbid there's more to it besides whats being played on the fucking radio. Folks kill me with that hip hop is all about blah blah blah...yet can dig in the fucking crates for an indy rock album that nobody ever heard about.

That shit pisses me the fuck off because it's 2014 and people still on the Rap is Crap bullshit.

Ignorance is timeless

It's not surprising. He hates RE4 with a flaming passion, and I'm pretty sure that he can't stand RE5 or RE6.

To keep it funky, a lot of the shit he was dieing to, I didn't see gaffers dieing too...at all, on Akumu even. He was brute forcing certain shit instead of approaching things differently and calling it bad design or whatever. Dude is gdlk at breaking shit down, but nah.

That's not to say there isn't some janky shit, cause there is, but yea. He'd know better than I though, so it's whatever.

Because the game plays like TLOU. You have weapons and shit but you have to take each section delicately. He probably has RE4 in mind where you could brute force your way through a lot of the game.

RP912

Banned
Ignorance is timeless

That's like my biggest pet peeves on these boards and on the internet in general. It's always an excuse along with my favorite "If Biggie or Pac were here...Wayne would be *insert fast food career*"

When in reality Biggie would have did songs with Chief Keef and Pac would have did kiddie movies with Ice Cube. Fuck off with that logic.

Infinite

That's like my biggest pet peeves on these boards and on the internet in general. It's always an excuse along with my favorite "If Biggie or Pac were here...Wayne would be *insert fast food career*"

When in reality Biggie would have did songs with Chief Keef and Pac would have did kiddie movies with Ice Cube. Fuck off with that logic.

Right. by far my biggest pet peeve with the internet and forums and such is the pseudo-"experts" who would say that shit.

Yeah I went into that thread and realized how ignorant some of those comments were. Hip-hop has plenty of environments to explore if you actually know some shit about hip-hop.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Oh my

It should have just been integrated throughout the ciriculum instead of given an entire month. It's offensive to all other races that black people get an entire month of history class dedicated to them. Asians, Indians, Hispanics, etc don't get that level of representation.

RedSwirl

This, stay with parents, work shit job until better job pops up then move out.

A common idea that get's thrown around is that time is better spent looking for a job that will get you livable income (or at the very least, a low-paying job that actually utilizes your professional skills and contributes to your resume), since the retail job amounts to little more than extra pocket change.

I probably wouldn't be thinking about it this hard if my freelance writing could get off the ground, but whatever.

Slayven

Man I was going to get back into the walking dead, but I am over it already. I will just keep up with it on #Deywalking. The Zombie genre just pisses me off. .

Gave up on the walking dead long ago, characters are too damn dumb and the directors/writers are shit at portraying gray areas or dissenting opinions among the survivors without at least one character seeming like a complete idiot.

Too frequently was I saying to my tv, "the fuck are you doing?" "The fuck were you thinking?"

I gave up on Walking Dead real early on. Like, two dudes were fighting over a key or some shit and it just so happen to land like, perfectly in a grate

nope.gif the fuck out of there, knew that show was gonna piss me off with dumb shit like that

Slayven

Gave up on the walking dead long ago, characters are too damn dumb and the directors/writers are shit at portraying gray areas or dissenting opinions among the survivors without at least one character seeming like a complete idiot.

Too frequently was I saying to my tv, "the fuck are you doing?" "The fuck were you thinking?"

There never zombies in that world, and evidently now one learned how to detect bullshit.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
smh @ the Walking Dead.

Went over the black people from the wire quota again.

its amazing how popular the walking dead is, but people dont question the complete lack of black people in atlanta.

that, and zombie series are a thing of fiction that i cant accept without some source of magic.

its amazing how popular the walking dead is, but people dont question the complete lack of black people in atlanta.

that, and zombie series are a thing of fiction that i cant accept without some source of magic.

Once the Europeans gained knowledge of zombie lore, they completely erased all the roots related to Haiti and Africa. We have how many mediums that focus on zombies in this age and how many of those pay tribute to that. Zombies in the original mythos are nothing like how they're portrayed in film, tv, and video games.

I gave up on Walking Dead real early on. Like, two dudes were fighting over a key or some shit and it just so happen to land like, perfectly in a grate

nope.gif the fuck out of there, knew that show was gonna piss me off with dumb shit like that

it's a pretty annoying show, i realized i was hate-watching it and now only check out some highlights once in a while.

there's always dumb shit in there like people conveniently tripping and injuring themselves over nothing when zombies get close

Mortemis

Banned
I don't even know how I got through 2 and a half seasons. Shit was always ridiculous but I was able to stomach it, well not for long though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom