• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
Did I miss something?

Why are so many people leading off posts with "I'm a black guy, and I UNCOMMON OPINION THAT WILL MAKE ME EVERYONE'S BLACK FRIEND"?

Is that a thing now?

I brought this up a while back because I've been seeing this a lot in all this gamer gate shit.

Made me do a side eye multiple times.

Man, do people seriously not understand the Tropic Thunder joke? Every "is this blackface" thread has several idiots using that as an example that didn't cause outrage.

It's cute.

harSon

Banned
The fact that nobody brought up Snoop Dogg at this year's Hip Hop awards, is proof that nobody watches BET. I'm sure it'll pop up now that I've mentioned it though.

snoop-dogg.jpg

RP912

Banned
Last time snoop was on the radar...sexual eruption came out and I enjoyed the hell out of that song.

Dude trolling more nowadays than Arty from Pete and Pete.

Devin the Dude>>>>Snoop D O double G

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Devin the Dude is one of the greatest. still listen to The Dude often, it doesnt get better than Boo Boo'n

AfroMW

Man, do people seriously not understand the Tropic Thunder joke? Every "is this blackface" thread has several idiots using that as an example that didn't cause outrage.

It's cute.

Being dense is a proud trait that must be shown

The fact this happens yearly is what is killing me, is this just a yearly cycle that just has to happen?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Kinitari-ing has been a thing on these forums for a while now

I brought this up a while back because I've been seeing this a lot in all this gamer gate shit.

Made me do a side eye multiple times.

Shit is just so foreign to me

why immediately box yourself in?

why use THAT position of all things to get people on your side? its just so weird
Kinitari-ing has been a thing on these forums for a while now

you joke, but i would regularly cringe reading some of the things he posted

fuck, I need a job

but why does every one of these mothafuckas ask for five years of experience tho

moris halp use your nepotism powers

I have 5+ years of experience and I still can't catch a break.

The bare minimum at these things is 3-5 years but old, shoulda retired in the 90s ass people are trotting in with decades of experience, degrees from the early 80s and a savings that won't last them long enough, coming in willing to do the job for entry level pay.

You need connects more than anything else. And all the people I know are struggling to stay employed.

The bare minimum at these things is 3-5 years but old, shoulda retired in the 90s ass people are trotting in with decades of experience, degrees from the early 80s and a savings that won't last them long enough, coming in willing to do the job for entry level pay.

You need connects more than anything else. And all the people I know are struggling to stay employed.

Welp
, I'm boned

it was nice knowing ya'll

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

I wish I learned that lesson when I was younger. Ugh.

BCT |OT9| Winter mode struggle

Pretty much.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of TEW, boy I wanted to like that game, but what a rough first couple chapters...tapped out. I will go back some other time but...man. I dunno what I expected.

was it worth it

Niggas gonna be eating peanut butter and dreams sandwiches until the next check but at least he can get TEW close to 35fps with no black bars.

Aint got no peanut butter, have to use soul-crushing depression instead alongside dem crushed dreams

you better be on Halo for my last few months on this planet

Welp
, I'm boned

it was nice knowing ya'll

Asking friends and family for leads will be of more help than craigslist.

The first banking gig I got because my mom heard about the opening that an associate of hers was offering and then they essentially shut down the candidate search after my interview because I was good enough (I know I wasn't most qualified) and the second gig I had was with a supervisor that I loosely worked with at the first place who remembered me, didn't even have to interview.

blackface threads bring out the dumbest motherfuckers.

You'd swear they wear blackface to make a living the way they defend it. Acting like its hard to not rub paint on your face and go outside to the world. Like every so often they wake and just have blackface on, like a prank got pulled on them or they're going through a herpes flair up.

"Sorry boss, I can't come in, my blackface is flaring up.....yea...yea...gonna have to sleep this off. You know my cubicle is right next to James, and you know he won't understand my condition."

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

You'd swear they wear blackface to make a living the way they defend it. Acting like its hard to not rub paint on your face and go outside to the world. Like every so often they wake and just have blackface on, like a prank got pulled on them or they're going through a herpes flair up.

"Sorry boss, I can't come in, my blackface is flaring up.....yea...yea...gonna have to sleep this off. You know my cubicle is right next to James, and you know he won't understand my condition."

Lmao

Lol exactly. I think I'm done with that thread for now. It's just too much ignorance.

The thread about the young man who got lynched in NC = Meek Mill album numbers.

Thread with people defending blackface = Beyoncé numbers.

I'm going to be at that MLP movie on day one. Fuck the haters.

My five year and four year olds will be there with me

On second thought, I'll probably give it a month. I don't want to see the opening week fuckery that crowd is sure to bring.

Michonne not even black anymore cause of that cosplay thread. Someone write up the condolence letter.

She's actually just a character with dark skin and a larger than 'european normal' nose....we really have to wait until the facts come in.

My favorite posts in race threads are when they use definitions

RDJ in Tropic Thunder
Wayans brothers in White Chicks
White people portraying other races in film and television
It's definitely not offensive to anyone in anyway and if you are offended you're a baby
cosplayers painting themselves red or green to match a character
the websters definition of racism and blackface.
International celebrations involving 'friendly blackface'
World is not The US
It might be racist/offensive but I don't care
It wasn't intentional, therefore ok
If there's no hate speech or burning cross, there's no racism

Blackface Bingo time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom