• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall motherfuckers serious on a goddamn monday.

*sips drinks*

Fuck it I'm bout to tell you all what happened to me last night that's gonna shut this shit down real quick.

Embarrassing moment- So I'm feeling under the weather. Sinus issues, horrible backache, just all around misery. Decided at 4 am that I need some painkillers and a sleep aid. So I go to wally world, which is a ghost town, in some grey sweatpants and the loosest boxers known to man. I'm walking down the aisle and bam, boxers fall to my kneecaps. But thankfully my pants stay up. The issue is my back hurts so damn bad, I didn't have it in me to bend over to pull them up without looking like I'm stealing something. So I resigned to my fate, and trekked back to the register and had to wait with my boxers to my knees as I checked out. On the bright side, I'm loosing weight and it showed. Have a smile and a good morning family.

Motherfucker was walking around like Iori from KOF with that strip between his legs.

My sub just brought me some icy hot patch and put it on my back. Feels good man.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Black gaf, do you have any experiences playing video games with older members of your family, aunts, grandparents maybe?

My friend's dad was crazy good at videogames.

In Starfox 64 we'd play the versus mode and he'd have my friend and I and his younger brother all team up on him and he'd still take us all out.

I also remember another weekend I went over there and he was in the basement all weekend playing some yoshi puzzle game on SNES. We'd periodically come in and check on his progress and he spent the entire day getting to the final boss on the hardest difficulty which was Baby Bowser or something. This was after clearing the game on the easier difficulties and finding out that some stages were left out, so he had to play it over to see all the content.

He was better at games than I've ever been and I've been playing my whole life. I thought he was the coolest guy growing up and wished he was my dad. lol

I remember when I unlocked Ness and smash bros and then did it again on my friend's console. His dad came home from work shortly after and was like "YOU UNLOCKED THE BOY!!" genuinely excited and shit. It was pretty cool seeing an adult react so enthusiastically to something I did in a game.

Malyse

7ce88a30-09ea-0132-7060-0add9426c766.jpg

2016! I'm so ready.

Sorry to detract from you never ending battle against racists on gaf, but there is an experience I would like to share

I was playing DCUO with one of the dudes I regularly play with, and he mentions his son getting on, I was curious didn't know he was a dad and his son is old enough to play games So I asked him how old he was. Turns out the dude is like 64 and his son is like 34, and his grand kids even play. I thought that was kind of sick ya know, I never really had much experience with older family members playing games with me, my parents along with being generally terrible people didn't have much interest in games, well my dad played madden I guess. I played Mario and Megaman games with my aunt, this is before she was also a horrible human being, I still cherish the moments when I didn't know of her crimes against humanity ( you might be like that's a stretch, no its not ). And i used to play tekken with my grandpa before he died of a surgical mishap, I kinda wish he was still around so I can show him where tekken has come. He also played street fighter and stuff.

Black gaf, do you have any experiences playing video games with older members of your family, aunts, grandparents maybe?

My mum loves puzzle games (and Crash Bandicoot), and my uncles love games almost as much as I do.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Sorry to detract from you never ending battle against racists on gaf, but there is an experience I would like to share

I was playing DCUO with one of the dudes I regularly play with, and he mentions his son getting on, I was curious didn't know he was a dad and his son is old enough to play games So I asked him how old he was. Turns out the dude is like 64 and his son is like 34, and his grand kids even play. I thought that was kind of sick ya know, I never really had much experience with older family members playing games with me, my parents along with being generally terrible people didn't have much interest in games, well my dad played madden I guess. I played Mario and Megaman games with my aunt, this is before she was also a horrible human being, I still cherish the moments when I didn't know of her crimes against humanity ( you might be like that's a stretch, no its not ). And i used to play tekken with my grandpa before he died of a surgical mishap, I kinda wish he was still around so I can show him where tekken has come. He also played street fighter and stuff.

My dad used to play Tekken like a champion. Yoshimitsu was his main haha

Jado

Banned
even on walking dead white people giving daps now?

Damn Obama!

"Someone's gonna die in this episode."

^Me after the scene with Rick walking to the zombie infested food bank with four black people (+ another back at camp and one more about to catch up and join the group any day now).

Furyous

Rod put his foot in the ass of this gamer gate controversy on movie trailer reviews aka insanity report podcast. He proceeded to read all of the BS over the past months about Ferguson as well.

Y'all talked about the Keene College thugs yet?

"It's just like a rush. You're revolting from the cops," he told the paper Saturday night. "It's a blast to do things that you're not supposed to do."

Other young people shouted expletives at police, started fires in the road, pulled down a
street sign and apparently tried to flip over a Subaru, the Sentinel said.

Because of arrests (140 last year, the Sentinel reported) and injuries at past festivals, the community has held forums in recent years -- inviting police and emergency room doctors as well as residents -- to explore ways to mitigate the violence, vandalism and littering that come with the celebration.

Why didn't bring out the tanks and riot gear? Why are the leaders from "their" community condemning these actions? The national guard needs to show up next year to "keep the peace". Is there a GAF post about this?

I'm sending this link to the Nappy Afro podcast in hopes they speak on this issue of these young thugs revolting against the police.

Malyse

Rod put his foot in the ass of this gamer gate controversy on movie trailer reviews aka insanity report podcast. He proceeded to read all of the BS over the past months about Ferguson as well.

"It's just like a rush. You're revolting from the cops," he told the paper Saturday night. "It's a blast to do things that you're not supposed to do."

Other young people shouted expletives at police, started fires in the road, pulled down a

Because of arrests (140 last year, the Sentinel reported) and injuries at past festivals, the community has held forums in recent years -- inviting police and emergency room doctors as well as residents -- to explore ways to mitigate the violence, vandalism and littering that come with the celebration.

Why didn't bring out the tanks and riot gear? Why are the leaders from "their" community condemning these actions? The national guard needs to show up next year to "keep the peace". Is there a GAF post about this?

I'm sending this link to the Nappy Afro podcast in hopes they speak on this issue of these young thugs revolting against the police.

there will be shortly.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Yall motherfuckers serious on a goddamn monday.

*sips drinks*

Fuck it I'm bout to tell you all what happened to me last night that's gonna shut this shit down real quick.

Embarrassing moment- So I'm feeling under the weather. Sinus issues, horrible backache, just all around misery. Decided at 4 am that I need some painkillers and a sleep aid. So I go to wally world, which is a ghost town, in some grey sweatpants and the loosest boxers known to man. I'm walking down the aisle and bam, boxers fall to my kneecaps. But thankfully my pants stay up. The issue is my back hurts so damn bad, I didn't have it in me to bend over to pull them up without looking like I'm stealing something. So I resigned to my fate, and trekked back to the register and had to wait with my boxers to my knees as I checked out. On the bright side, I'm loosing weight and it showed. Have a smile and a good morning family.

Motherfucker was walking around like Iori from KOF with that strip between his legs.

My sub just brought me some icy hot patch and put it on my back. Feels good man.

that iori shit is on point. ive been there with the boxer briefs. fucking recently too. had to retire some of my favorites because i cant wear them anymore.

Slayven

Nah Rod got his right

"Gamergate people is annoying as fuck and started from a guy trying to slut shame"

Malyse

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=915952

Soo. If you can take a quote from one of the Ferguson threads condemning the looting and re-purpose it to attack the rioters in NH, well that would be pretty grand.

I sincerely wish that the people condemning the looting in Ferguson would try to say this was all in good fun. How I want that to happen.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
What exactly are you trying to accomplish with all these threads DreamDrop?

RP912

Banned
I was shitting on Souled Out but WAYS might legitimately be song of the year.

Souled Out is one of those albums where it's on a playlist and you just don't care if it plays. Now playing the album just for the sake of listening to music...that's another story :/

royalan

BCT's favorite new Natural Hair songstress, FKA Twigs, is really reppin' Google Glass in her new video #ThroughGlass.

Ok, the Google Glass stanning is a bit cheesy...but she makes up for it by working some SERIOUS choreography. #WERK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom