• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Yep. It will be. Too goddamn funny.

You catsunami finally got me looking at a race thread. Ole boy got curb stomped by most of yall. It was entirely entertaining.

Yeah, I had fun.

----

honey cake

3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup honey
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup warm coffee or strong tea
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup rye or whisky (see Note)
1/2 cup slivered or sliced almonds (optional)

OH.
MY.
GAWD.

I can't wait to make this.

I used to wonder why people show their ass like that, but after a few days in the Gamergate thread, I realized that some people break fool for cool points with fellow slugs.

Useless points, but whatever

Malyse

Bruh, that was "auticorrect". But that shit bout to be adopted into the Revanche lexicon for daily use.

Just a new Revancheism.

The what now?

Yes yes, two years late, but I just found out Sherman Hemsley was dead.

Now I have another reason to go to Walt Disney World.

1280px-Hemsley.JPG

Experimental cancer drugs are real deal . The constant test afterwards to find effects are the devil/bieber. Friends dad hit another milestone with relapse or spreading.

Infinite

I dunno, I think SZA is pretty much a NeoSoul artist. Her shit won't get spins on any radio. Not even Babylon gets much spin because many people say it's too "hippy" (many people call NeoSoul black hippy music...I've never understood that. I mean there is some REALLY hippy shit out there that makes Neo Soul sound like fucking gangster rap).

I don't really see a ton of similarity between SZA and FKA at all to be honest.
Yeah I agree. sza is pretty much the quintessential modern neosoul artist. I just think there's similarities between her and fka without their music sounding not quite similar. Like they both have that ambient and atmospheric vibe going on with their sound and the sensual and sometimes soft vocals but of course they take it in different directions. IMO of course.

And yeah there's other black artists doing some really eclectic indie pop + chamber pop with acoustic instrumentation and soul vocals type shit that should truly take the mantle of black hippy music imo. Like Estere for example. Once people get out their bubble or comfort zone it's a lot of interesting sounding stuff from black artists waiting to be listened too

The what now?

Yes yes, two years late, but I just found out Sherman Hemsley was dead.

Now I have another reason to go to Walt Disney World.

1280px-Hemsley.JPG

There was once a man who use to post back on these forums. He used to type some strange shit due to the auto correct on his phone. His tales of dehumanizing people in random restaurants was legendary. He had a penchant for drinking the strangest libations and had an uncanny love for cats and merriment. He also used the word motherfucker a LOT and had encyclopedic knowledge of pop culture. That man was Riov... wait we can't say that word.

Furyous

I bought Destiny. What do I do on this shit?

breeze through and start grinding resources.

Eh. guess my age is showing.

----

I'm going to make a manga app for tablets.

I'll support it as long as it allows me to backup the data.
A. You did a fabulous post too.
B. I'm unexpectedly okay with being called Demi. It would help differentiate between myself and Dreams-Vision.

Please call me Demi.

That was a tank on my part. Demi moore is a cougar now.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Maybe someone wants to take a spin with the bs Raven and lil boosie was saying for the new OT title?

I thought of BCT OT9: Black? I'm American!

strobogo

Banned
I'm probably going to get banned because of you people. Wondering aloud when GAF will get to stamping out racism before making sure people aren't being mean to pedos and Bronies. I'm down for the cause, friends, so when I get banned, I hope you *insert random racial stereotype* in my honor.

I'm probably going to get banned because of you people. Wondering aloud when GAF will get to stamping out racism before making sure people aren't being mean to pedos and Bronies. I'm down for the cause, friends, so when I get banned, I hope you *insert random racial stereotype* in my honor.

Btw, you put a smile on my face. I'm not a regular here, by far, but that post was quite solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom