• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
Or being me

wait maxcriden is a brother, too

--

Friend of mine is opening a local restaurant near campus. Asked if she needs employees and she said 'yes.' Gonna see if I can sweet talk my way into a job just in case if this interview doesn't fall through.

Slayven

wait maxcriden is a brother, too

--

Friend of mine is opening a local restaurant near campus. Asked if she needs employees and she said 'yes.' Gonna see if I can sweet talk my way into a job just in case if this interview doesn't fall through.

Get Wynn to teach you the 2 finger exploding pussy no jutsu.

Silky

Banned
Spindashing what is this

KFC-Brazil-Creamed-Corn.jpg

How many Ls is this

I'm not particulary enthusiastic about the habit of, "should I make a thread", "bruh, you gotta make a thread!" that's popping up in here. However, I'm even less enthusiastic about being concerned for the feelings of people who hold bigoted or ignorant views.

DreamDrop's thread didn't even get bombastic until people started to line up to tell people to think about the feelings of those baited by transparent sarcasm.

Of the people jumping in to decry that injustice, I rarley see involvement in racial threads that are said in whatever serious and measured tone they're claiming to look for.

agrajag

Banned
I thought I was alone in thinking this.

I mean after that guy called DreamDrop out on it in thread and found the posts in this thread confirming his accusations and dudes in here were still patting each other on the back on some "we got ole boy" shit I just decided to ignore it.

When you guys get into it with racism on here I generally am on your side. I'm all for us trying to inform people otherwise ignorant of certain social issues.

But that's not what that thread was. It wasn't created to inform. It was made to bait someone into an argument. And the only person who "took the bait" was a guy calling you out on how obvious your intentions were.

So yeah bad form BCT. We're not some counter neogaf culture subreddit. Don't turn this place into a home base for trolling. I like it too much for that.

Thank you. And unbelievably, a bunch of people got on some confirmation bias shit (and still are on it) about how "see, people are outraged about white people brig called thugs, good job exposing them." The fuck? Even when that got shown to not be true, goalposts were moved to "see, they care about his trolling more than about the racism, RACISTS!" Right, Byakuya? The thread was not made in good faith, and everyone here knows it.

Thank you. And unbelievably, a bunch of people got on some confirmation bias shit (and still are on it) about how "see, people are outraged about white people brig called thugs, good job exposing them." The fuck? Even when that got shown to not be true, goalposts were moved to "see, they care about his trolling more than about the racism, RACISTS!" Right, Byakuya? The thread was not made in good faith, and everyone here knows it.
But it's true. Grab a tissue and lay on a couch to talk about it, Agfjeishdha.

Malyse

You really want this to be your first post in here?
Take a note from Elsa, dude.

----

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=916327
This might get controversial.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Man the way things are going by the time the Zwarte Piet thread comes around you catsunami are going to be out of steam.

People may not agree with agrajag but I don't think there was anything wrong with that being his first post in here. DreamDrop to be honest with you, I think you are getting more push-back because of your pattern/repetition rather than people being genuinely ignorant or reacting to the topic at hand. Which is why you get posters coming after you on some character assassination bit rather than discuss the actual issues. This is a bad thing, maybe a sign to slow down and think about presentation, wouldn't you say quality > quantity?

Just some stuff to think about, I do think we can give each other criticism and talk about this without going for throats all the time.

Kreed

Welcome to BCT OT9. I see you haven't posted in a BC thread in a while. Would you mind contributing something that promotes positive discussion while you're in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom