• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

0yAshmG.gif
oVJl8tc.png

"Some people have no problem referring to black people as thugs as a safe word for nigger regardless of the actual behavior involved (Richard Sherman) or the circumstances of usage (Thug Kitchen), and will endlessly downplay the reality of coded language because their simple minds can't understand that saying a word CAN have other meanings in SOME situations doesn't mean they can't ever use it again. (Note, this is only in the US which is the only country to be founded and built on genocide and slavery to such an extensive degree.)"

ok?

the problem is that this has been stated unequivocally several times before in multiple threads and it's still not good enough for some people.

Everyone is sick of hearing about race on Gaf. It's not fun. It makes them feel guilty. We're too sensitive. Were social justice warriors. We're children who slept through history class.

And yes, I agree that the thread was extremely fucking transparent. So much so that no one in their right mind and smart enough would have expressed anger at the title or intent.

But here we are.

I'm taking a break

See you eventually

So, I cut my own hair. A simple buzz cut, but I want to try and do a sort of short mohawk style. Anyone have any experience trying to do that themselves? Is it even possible without just getting a barber or someone else to do it?

I guess something like this, just more pronounced (so even shorter everywhere but the middle raised part)
Short-mohawk-hairstyles-for-black-men.jpg

Worst case, if I fuck it up, I'll just buzz it all and i'm back to where i started

J10

Banned
DreamDrop's Unruly Thugs thread looks like the beginning of race war. I'm detecting not-so-subtle hints of "us vs. them" from a few people.

American Culture Thread |OT| We don't see color.
Better win.

People were mad about a thread that would only bait people with a racist understanding of the word "thug." They were sickened by DreamDrop's antics more than coded language. Telling.

There's a perfect picture for that...

Malyse

Why was people mad tho
DreamDrop is a contentious individual. And a race baiter.
DreamDrop's Unruly Thugs thread looks like the beginning of race war. I'm detecting not-so-subtle hints of "us vs. them" from a few people.

I'm not the one who pushed it there.

Turned out exactly as he intended it then, didn't it?

Gotta wonder, haven't you.

Yes there must be some ~nefarious~ reason that I create all these posts. Couldn't be that I'm naturally highly inquisitive and have an insatiable curiosity. 😒

If you have a fucking problem with me, then either say it or put me on ignore. I'm not in the mood to deal with your petulant sideswipes at me.

That seemed to be the intention so, mission accomplished, right

Again, I didn't push the thread in that direction. I fell asleep long before most of that went down. And I sure as hell didn't make it about me.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

I thought I was alone in thinking this.

I mean after that guy called DreamDrop out on it in thread and found the posts in this thread confirming his accusations and dudes in here were still patting each other on the back on some "we got ole boy" shit I just decided to ignore it.

When you guys get into it with racism on here I generally am on your side. I'm all for us trying to inform people otherwise ignorant of certain social issues.

But that's not what that thread was. It wasn't created to inform. It was made to bait someone into an argument. And the only person who "took the bait" was a guy calling you out on how obvious your intentions were.

So yeah bad form BCT. We're not some counter neogaf culture subreddit. Don't turn this place into a home base for trolling. I like it too much for that.

SmokyDave

Yes there must be some ~nefarious~ reason that I create all these posts. Couldn't be that I'm naturally highly inquisitive and have an insatiable curiosity.
Nah, it's just that you're a shit stirrer. A cowardly shit stirrer at that.

"I sincerely wish that the people condemning the looting in Ferguson would try to say this was all in good fun. How I want that to happen."

I mean, look at you. Positively salivating at the idea of internet bullshit. Bet you were pretty deflated when it didn't happen, no matter how hard you'd tried.

If you have a fucking problem with me, then either say it or put me on ignore. I'm not in the mood to deal with your petulant sideswipes at me.
I thought I'd made it abundantly clear that I have a problem with you. I hope we've cleared up any ambiguity now.

xnipx

I also find it hilarious that the thread with the most posts on the subject gets locked for being a duplicate rather than stating the real reason it was locked. While 2 other posts about the subject remain open and were even linked in the thread lol.

I thought we were past that baiting shit when Vince laid off it for awhile, then DreanDrop picked the baton right back up.

Like, that's really the direction you wanna go with this shit, the instigating nigga, the "y ya'll mad tho :3" nigga. Ok, that'll help

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Better win.

People were mad about a thread that would only bait people with a racist understanding of the word "thug." They were sickened by DreamDrop's antics more than coded language. Telling.

There's a perfect picture for that...

If you guys want to expose the racists on here who think black people are out to get them, you can't let them be right

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
This never would have happened if DY & Devo hadn't thrown us in the bushes, they just peaced out on BCT and moved to Hawaii / got pregnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom